• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hal Robson-Kanu

I think the complete opposite.

At his age, this could be the form of his career. A move China would be for players towards the end of their career looking for the final payday who perhaps haven't got the legs in our game but in theirs they can still be that flagship elsewhere.

After two, three years in China where does he go from there?

But he could go to someone in the prem do very little and end up back at a championship club on the bench.

If he was 21 I would say no he would be stupid but he's 27, if he ever really going to get a contract on £100k a week! That's a lot of money even if he only does a year out there and he will have offers over here when he comes back.

I hear what you're saying, but how many players have we seen come back from America for example? The standard of football isn't comparable in China, and would hinder his career. But it may just be speculation. =)

He might not do much in the Premier League, but that's an unknown at the moment. At this point, he must believe in himself like never before... China just wouldn't make sense.

I hear what you're saying, but how many players have we seen come back from America for example? The standard of football isn't comparable in China, and would hinder his career. But it may just be speculation. =)

He might not do much in the Premier League, but that's an unknown at the moment. At this point, he must believe in himself like never before... China just wouldn't make sense.

Valid points also, it's a tough decision I suppose it's easy for us to sit here and suggest what's best. But we haven't seen the contracts, if the Chinese club offers him £100k a week on a 5 year contract he would be stupid to say no. But it could be a terrible contract it means moving to a new country where it might not work out and he will be back to square one. It's catch 22, I hope he makes the right decision as I really like him as a player. Shame he decided to go against his birth country and play for the sheep shaggers.

Well done him. Earned a payday off the back of one goal. No where near Premiership standard in my view.

Valid points also, it's a tough decision I suppose it's easy for us to sit here and suggest what's best. But we haven't seen the contracts, if the Chinese club offers him £100k a week on a 5 year contract he would be stupid to say no. But it could be a terrible contract it means moving to a new country where it might not work out and he will be back to square one. It's catch 22, I hope he makes the right decision as I really like him as a player. Shame he decided to go against his birth country and play for the sheep shaggers.
As any Aussie will tell you SHEEP SHCKERS ORIGINATED FOR Kiwis not chinese ,as there are 3 times as many sheep in New Zealand as there are people , please get it right :hilarious::hilarious:

Managed to bag himself a goal and a straight red card today in their win against Burnley.

Got the 1st goal in Wales 2-0 win over Moldova last night, to move them up into 2nd place in their world cup qualifying group.

Smart bloke. He's either going to be a billionaire or bankrupt when he hangs up his boots. :Hilarious:

I think the complete opposite.

At his age, this could be the form of his career. A move China would be for players towards the end of their career looking for the final payday who perhaps haven't got the legs in our game but in theirs they can still be that flagship elsewhere.

After two, three years in China where does he go from there?

Who cares? He's not gonna get £100k a week anywhere in England. He's not at that level. Take the money for a few years and buy some property. Can set himself up for life.

Who cares? He's not gonna get £100k a week anywhere in England. He's not at that level. Take the money for a few years and buy some property. Can set himself up for life.

You're quoting me two years out of context.

Regardless, he opted to play competitive Premier League football and no doubt managed to bank some spare change for future endeavours. I respect him for not taking the money.

W
You're quoting me two years out of context.

Regardless, he opted to play competitive Premier League football and no doubt managed to bank some spare change for future endeavours. I respect him for not taking the money.

Whoops so I am! Apologies.

I think if I were him now, with West Brom now in the Championship, I’d take the money and run because he wasn’t exactly a regular in the Premier League from memory.

W

Whoops so I am! Apologies.

I think if I were him now, with West Brom now in the Championship, I’d take the money and run because he wasn’t exactly a regular in the Premier League from memory.

Haha. No worries.

I agree with you. If you offer came in now he could go knowing his tested his metal at the highest level. Will it though? The goal he scored to gain that hype resides in the history books now.

He put the final nail in the coffin today in their 7-1 whipping of QPR. Apparently QPR's biggest loss in over 31 years.

Last edited:
Back