• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sam will do ok IMO,he will get them playing to a system which I believe will reap the rewards,Roy's stupid sideways stuff(seen this style somewhere else) never worked,get the thing forward with pace and we won't be far off.

Love this quote...

@BBCSport He's a revoultionary manager bringing new ideas to the table. Sorry, not "ideas". I meant pie & chips. Pie & chips to the table.

That's brilliant!

I've got to say that appointment doesn't fill me with confidence. However, I did hear a few years ago on some TV programme that SA is actually a very forward thinking manager who goes into a lot of detail. For example, apparently he was one of the first to bring in a lot of the technology that is used nowadays to monitor player fitness.

But none of that will make him a good England manager because managing players' fitness is not the job of a national manager, it's the job of their club manager. All the technology in the world won't make a difference in that respect.

I may be a bit slow here on the uptake, but I've noticed that in all your different posts along all threads, throughout the entire Shrimperzone forum..... I have this feeling you don't read anything other than the gospel according to the "Guardian"??

Just read that Craig Shakespeare (assistant manager of Leiciester) has been appointed the new England first team coach.

I had a weird dream last night which I think was about Big Sam's forthcoming England selection ...

There seemed to have been incredible scientific advances in the world in my dream as I was pregnant and the brilliant medical staff around me assured me that this was not unusual in this day and age. They told me that I could expect to feel pain like I'd never felt before and that they'd all be there for me when the contractions came. So there I was, all ready at the hospital, and I had to do some weird jumpy up and down exercises on a gym mat to speed things along. I think that was more or less it dream-wise as I didn't get to see any of the results of my labour. However, I think I know what it was all about. This Sunday, Big Sam gives birth to his first England squad. I'm just relieved that I didn't have to push out 23 players, especially a fully-formed Andy Carroll. Big Andy.jpg

Might as well resurrect this thread.

Sky Sports reporting that the FA are keen to speak to Ralf Rangnick to be the next permanent manager.

I think Wenger would be a terrible choice for England. The current team already play a lot like Arsenal - lots of good approach play, dominating possession but not enough goals. I would go with Pardew - thoroughly impressed me with the job he did at Newcastle despite the fans not wanting him and the Chairman undermining him every step of the way. He's easily the most qualified English candidate.

I think Wenger would be a terrible choice for England. The current team already play a lot like Arsenal - lots of good approach play, dominating possession but not enough goals. I would go with Pardew - thoroughly impressed me with the job he did at Newcastle despite the fans not wanting him and the Chairman undermining him every step of the way. He's easily the most qualified English candidate.

I can't see him being successful. Not that he isn't necessarily qualified but too many wanting him to fail because of club football.

That's why I'd go David Beckham.

Or Mark Bentley as player-manager.

Back