• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

£25m for Troy Deeney?!

amsemp

Director⭐
Watford have now turned down a £25m bid from Leicester for Troy Deeney. He seriously isn't worth more than that, is he? If Shane Long went for £12m, I don't see Deeney being worth any more than about £15m personally.

The Premier League has gone mad with its 'English tax' on homegrown players.

I find the fact that Leicester are even interested in him the most surprising thing

Deeney's a great player. Strong, imposing and a calm finisher. He's not worth £25m of anybody's money, but I can see why Leicester might want to go for him ahead of other targets across Europe. There's an inherent risk in signing players from outside the Premier League - it's a difficult league to adapt to given its pace. Deeney they know is accustomed to it, so he's a more qualified risk than someone from La Liga, Ligue Un or wherever else.

Deeney's a great player. Strong, imposing and a calm finisher. He's not worth £25m of anybody's money, but I can see why Leicester might want to go for him ahead of other targets across Europe. There's an inherent risk in signing players from outside the Premier League - it's a difficult league to adapt to given its pace. Deeney they know is accustomed to it, so he's a more qualified risk than someone from La Liga, Ligue Un or wherever else.
Mahrez and Kante haven't adapted too badly.

with the money coming into the prem this season I see average £25m players being the norm soon, it's an inflated market now. Top players will be £60-80m I reckon

Very good player but £25m seems a crazy price tag. But then he can score goals in the PL which is hard to find.

Alfonso Alves, anyone?

It's been reported that Watford have just also rejected a £38 million offer from shanghai sipg for Odion Ighalo !! Another player not worth that figure imo. More so, meaning Watford have so far rejected around £63 million for their strikers! If only we had their financial dilemas, instead of fretting about the pennies (in comparison) of the Bentley tribunal saga.

Back