• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How dare he leave us without asking our permission beforehand, doesn't he know who we are? And what if he has seen his former youth team players discarded and left to find another club, what gives him the right to put his own career first. By the way what is the minimum period (either in time or games played) I'm not sure what the acceptable quota is now...?

Anyway I for one wish him well and I am sure he will continue to improve and I will look out for his achievements in due course.

I hope he does well and reaches his full potential which will reflect well on our youth system and help us recruit even better talent in the future. Made a major contribution to the success of the last two seasons, good luck to him. Let's hope Jack Bridge can replicate his transition into the first team and we tie him down to a longer contract.

Drastic™;1869002 said:
I hope he does well and reaches his full potential which will reflect well on our youth system and help us recruit even better talent in the future. Made a major contribution to the success of the last two seasons, good luck to him. Let's hope Jack Bridge can replicate his transition into the first team and we tie him down to a longer contract.

This is much more like it and my sentiments exactly.

Can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading :sad: While I don't think this is the right time for him to move and that another season with us would probably have served him better, I don't begrudge him a move for one moment. He's another to show that we have a youth academy doing tremendous work, and long may that continue.

I don't think this is the worst move he could make. The danger with players like him and Bentley is they move to a club where they haven't got much chance of first team football and as such their progress stalls. Payne should get a game at Huddersfield which gives him the chance to show what he can do at that level and move up or down accordingly. Why some people take the offence they do, god only knows.

We'll probably get between 400-500k in compensation and then the potential for more in sell ons.

We'll probably get between 400-500k in compensation and then the potential for more in sell ons.

I can't see us getting anything near that amount! Can anyone clarify if we do get sell ons if a contract has been run down???!

I can't see us getting anything near that amount! Can anyone clarify if we do get sell ons if a contract has been run down???!

It's based on previous cases that I've seen put up elsewhere. One such example is Aaron Cresswell when he went to Ispwich from Tranmere. He played 70 games for Tranmere in League One and went to Ipswich for £240k up front with £45k for the 15,30,45 and 60th match played. Alongside a 20% sell on for any profit. They would have gotten an extra £100k if Ipswich had been promoted to the Pprem in 3 years.

Jack Payne has played 32 at League One and 45 in League Two showing his progression. We won't get the £240k up front but could expect around £175k I think. Then add on around £30k for the 15th, 30th, 45th and 60th game. £300k. Then anything else for Huddersfield where they finish and potentially a sell on clause too.

It won't be £400-£500k up front, but over all, will likely reach that when the deal is all completed in years to come.

Sorry Jack think you could have done a lot better.Sometimes you have to grow as a player at a slower pace ,but you end up at a much higher level.If you struggle at the beginning of your time with Huddersfield the only way will be down.Better being a rising star ,than a average team player

Can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading :sad: While I don't think this is the right time for him to move and that another season with us would probably have served him better, I don't begrudge him a move for one moment. He's another to show that we have a youth academy doing tremendous work, and long may that continue.

The problem with Payne is he only really established himself in the first team part of the way through this season, he never gave us a full season.

Thats not completely his fault, we should have tied his contract down before this happened and for his contract to be allowed to expire just as he matures into a genuine first teamer is poor management. However to jump ship the very first chance he got doesnt impress me a lot.

Yes its great our youth system produced him, but we will get very little for him. At least Bentley we got a few seasons back from the years we invested in him.

Sorry Jack think you could have done a lot better.Sometimes you have to grow as a player at a slower pace ,but you end up at a much higher level.If you struggle at the beginning of your time with Huddersfield the only way will be down.Better being a rising star ,than a average team player

Exactly look at Kane Ferdinand, where is he now?

Of course Jamie Vardy should never have left Fleetwood. He couldn't even get a start at Leicester. In fact no player should ever leave for a bigger club because it always ends in failure. Why they can't see that when everyone on Shrimperzone knows best is beyond me.

Last edited:
It seems a few people on here have forgotten that everyone is entitled to an opinion. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it's wrong!

Back