• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ukip

Does anyone care ? UKIP achieved its objective just like bomber command did 70 years ago. Once you do that you stand down.

Do think NF deserves an honour ahead of Clegg.....I do.

Still they ignored Bomber Harris after the war, never even gave his lads a campaign medal.....That's our establishment for you.

Does anyone care ? UKIP achieved its objective

Pretty much sums it up. There is nowhere left for them to go, especially under the current moniker.

I'd be interested to see them reform under a new name with relevant & effective policies.

With a bit of thought, and the right leader (Nigel Farage seems ready made for it) I could see them emerging into a credible party, one which could challenge Labour as the only alternative to a Tory government.

Does anyone care ? UKIP achieved its objective just like bomber command did 70 years ago. Once you do that you stand down.

Do think NF deserves an honour ahead of Clegg.....I do.

Still they ignored Bomber Harris after the war, never even gave his lads a campaign medal.....That's our establishment for you.

NF was talking up a possible second referendum again in today's Observer (I'll spare you the link :winking:) which looks very much like a bid for the leadership, which might well fall into his lap again next week if UKIP's new leader is disciplined.

In answer to your second question ,I haven't got any time for either of them.Clegg lied to the country about tuition fees, as NF has done many times on Europe.

Pretty much sums it up. There is nowhere left for them to go, especially under the current moniker.

I'd be interested to see them reform under a new name with relevant & effective policies.

With a bit of thought, and the right leader (Nigel Farage seems ready made for it) I could see them emerging into a credible party, one which could challenge Labour as the only alternative to a Tory government.

This is,of course,at best wishful thinking and at worst delusional.:smile:

NF was talking up a possible second referendum again in today's Observer (I'll spare you the link :winking:) which looks very much like a bid for the leadership, which might well fall into his lap again next week if UKIP's new leader is disciplined.

In answer to your second question ,I haven't got any time for either of them.Clegg lied to the country about tuition fees, as NF has done many times on Europe.

Surely getting 52% of the country to vote for you is the greatest political achievement by anyone in British history. It must therefore be time for HRH to say......"Arise Sir Nigel".

In doing so he has given our young people areal chance to create a clearer, safer and more rewarding future. If only JC would actually back his long held views as to why the EU has failed the working classes.....Britain, much to your personal annoyance, would be so much better and end up the envy of the world.

Is it your wishful thinking that it's delusional? You have to take off your lefty specs for just a moment.

I think its clear that people aren't happy with the Tory party, but can't bring themselves to cross over to Labour, meaning there is a gap in the market for a new party. There's plenty of people who see themselves as "party-less" now.

Farage has got a lot of support up and down the country. A repackaged UKIP, equipped with policies focused on the current problems in our society, could easily fill the void. I think it's feasible.

Actually one of my favourite union men Bob Crow talked of starting a workers party. Sadly he is not with us anymore but could have made a great team with NF.

Before you scream about their differences, Bob was not the person the 'media' were desperate to portray and always represented his own people rather than his own selfish agenda......He even believed in the death penalty.

Surely getting 52% of the country to vote for you is the greatest political achievement by anyone in British history. It must therefore be time for HRH to say......"Arise Sir Nigel".

In doing so he has given our young people areal chance to create a clearer, safer and more rewarding future. If only JC would actually back his long held views as to why the EU has failed the working classes.....Britain, much to your personal annoyance, would be so much better and end up the envy of the world.

51.9 % actually and they certainly weren't all UKIP voters.NF's greatest "achievement" was certainly scaring Cameron's Tory party into conceeding a referendum,on a subject far too complex to be decided on simple Leave or Remain terms.

What the referendum result has done is to throw into question the UK's continued economic prosperity and cast a long shadow over the future of its young people.

Is it your wishful thinking that it's delusional? You have to take off your lefty specs for just a moment.

I think its clear that people aren't happy with the Tory party, but can't bring themselves to cross over to Labour, meaning there is a gap in the market for a new party. There's plenty of people who see themselves as "party-less" now.

Farage has got a lot of support up and down the country. A repackaged UKIP, equipped with policies focused on the current problems in our society, could easily fill the void. I think it's feasible.

You will no doubt have noticed that the Tories and Labour between them hoovered up most of the votes in the last general election.What you think is "feasible" is in fact quite impossible.I confidently predict that Labour will win the next general election,whenever it is held.

PS How did you know I wore glasses? :winking:

You will no doubt have noticed that the Tories and Labour between them hoovered up most of the votes in the last general election.What you think is "feasible" is in fact quite impossible.I confidently predict that Labour will win the next general election,whenever it is held.

Well, with your track record of predictions, that's me lumping on a Tory victory then :smile:

51.9 % actually and they certainly weren't all UKIP voters.NF's greatest "achievement" was certainly scaring Cameron's Tory party into conceeding a referendum,on a subject far too complex to be decided on simple Leave or Remain terms.

What the referendum result has done is to throw into question the UK's continued economic prosperity and cast a long shadow over the future of its young people.

PS How did you know I wore glasses? :winking:

I thought Labour won the last one too? That's what I hear from a lot of Corbyn supporters.

Seriously though - do you think they can get an overall majority, or are you reckoning just on most seats?

Last edited:

On the other hand, some of us see it as the greatest own goal by Cameron, Clegg and JC, thinking they did not have to damn thing to win the vote and people heard only the Remainers side, Millions for NHS, was a good starting point Foreigners out a good second, close the borders was an excellant third , but after that .........
I had the pleasure or displeasure to go out with Farage when first starting out on the UKIP trail for an evening dinner, and can say he is very entertaining at speaking, but has no vision on how to take the country forward in terms of trade, policies, when asked an awkward question like Boris Johnson he guffaws and makes light of it and turns it around to something he has rehearsed,he is a poor mans Trump in everything he says and does
What UKIP did was shake up an antiquated system, and made the three parties stand up and be counted and not think it was a case turning up at the voting booths to win

Farage is a worm of the highest order, however he can speak well and when the opposition is silent his voice is the only one heard

On the other hand, some of us see it as the greatest own goal by Cameron, Clegg and JC, thinking they did not have to damn thing to win the vote and people heard only the Remainers side, Millions for NHS, was a good starting point Foreigners out a good second, close the borders was an excellant third , but after that .........
I had the pleasure or displeasure to go out with Farage when first starting out on the UKIP trail for an evening dinner, and can say he is very entertaining at speaking, but has no vision on how to take the country forward in terms of trade, policies, when asked an awkward question like Boris Johnson he guffaws and makes light of it and turns it around to something he has rehearsed,he is a poor mans Trump in everything he says and does
What UKIP did was shake up an antiquated system, and made the three parties stand up and be counted and not think it was a case turning up at the voting booths to win

Farage is a worm of the highest order, however he can speak well and when the opposition is silent his voice is the only one heard

It was those insults that won it for leave. In fact its the continual sneering campaign against the visionary 52% and the complete failure of every financial apocalypse predicted by the remain campaign that has removed any doubt form the Brexiteers and huge numbers who abstained because of project fear....

Whilst searching for something on YouTube I came across an interview with Farage on German TV in English. They said that with no Farage there would be no UKIP and of course without that no Brexit....They even credited him Trump and the change of the disastrous open door immigration policy's that if not checked would only lead to the break up of the EU and the rise of extreme right wing parties all over the EU.

All over the Western world, for far to long, greedy self serving and corrupt, so called politicians have been dumping on the working classes no matter what their colour or their ethnicity.....Remember 52% of Sikhs voted out. On top of that the left wing media and the new style SJW's shouted us down with insults, all from their white degree educated privileged pedestals.

No one has every claimed Farage would ever be the best politician but he was the only one who gave millions of us hard working and honest people a voice. Globalisation has totally failed us, the environment and has caused untold misery and slavery around the world.

Rather like Winston Churchill in 1940 when he saved the whole world from the rule of the Nazis and the Japanese., we ditched him 2 months after the war....Just what was needed at the time but now we must move on into the brave new world because just like any business going back 15,000 years......If Europe don't want our £300b per year in trade then we will shop, hopefully in a far more thoughtful and moral way, somewhere else thank you very much.

Last edited:
I'd put the blame with Cameron. He was the one who called the referendum after slating the EU and Junker then expecting them to roll over for him, with no idea who of his team were batting for which side, with no analysis of what a Leave vote would actually mean or a strategy for how to process it, with lies that were less newsworthy than Johnson and Gove's lies.

I think Farage left UKIP not because he had achieved what he wanted to but because he never expected to be in a position where his dream would become a reality and the reality of a Leave vote would be very unlikely to make anyone happy. 'Leave' is an instruction to create a void, and there are too many options on how to fill that void to make many feel it fits their idea of what they voted for.

Farage should have factored in that he had no idea who would be processing his dream. As it turns out it's May and Davis he can only end up disappointed.

It was those insults that won it for leave. In fact its the continual sneering campaign against the visionary 52% and the complete failure of every financial apocalypse predicted by the remain campaign that has removed any doubt form the Brexiteers and huge numbers who abstained because of project fear....

Whilst searching for something on YouTube I came across an interview with Farage on German TV in English. They said that with no Farage there would be no UKIP and of course without that no Brexit....They even credited him Trump and the change of the disastrous open door immigration policy's that if not checked would only lead to the break up of the EU and the rise of extreme right wing parties all over the EU.

All over the Western world, for far to long, greedy self serving and corrupt, so called politicians have been dumping on the working classes no matter what their colour or their ethnicity.....Remember 52% of Sikhs voted out. On top of that the left wing media and the new style SJW's shouted us down with insults, all from their white degree educated privileged pedestals.

No ne has every claimed Farage would ever be the best politician but he was the only one who gave millions of us hard working and honest people a voice. Globalisation has totally failed us, the environment and has caused untold misery and slavery around the world.

Rather like Winston Churchill in 1940 when he saved the whole world from the rule of the Nazis and the Japanese., we ditched him 2 months after the war....Just what was needed at the time but now we must move on into the brave new world because just like any business going back 15,000 years......If Europe don't want our £300b per year in trade then we will shop, hopefully in a far more thoughtful and moral way, somewhere else where thank you very much.

Farage,of course,has never won an election for a UK Parliamentary seat and almost certainly, never will.Unlike Winston Churchill.There are many other differences too.

Seven Ukip figures have resigned so far this morning. Surely Bolton must stand down now.

Seven Ukip figures have resigned so far this morning. Surely Bolton must stand down now.

Maybe but it doen't really matter.UKIP will get wiped out in the council elections in May and they'll lose all their MEP's after March 2019.

They're already strapped for cash.Another leadership election could well finish them off.

Back