• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ukip

Dunno Uncle Leo, watching GMTV and Sandra Khadhouri and her new party was very cringe worthy

For a first interview she has a lot to learn, the press will tear her and the party to pieces

Dunno Uncle Leo, watching GMTV and Sandra Khadhouri and her new party was very cringe worthy

For a first interview she has a lot to learn, the press will tear her and the party to pieces

I had no idea who she was until I googled her name after reading this post!

I had no idea who she was until I googled her name after reading this post!

In fairness she did make Henry Bolton look like a Prime Minister in waiting :omg:

The funniest comment she made, was being shown a picture of their opening speech with about 20 people in attendance, when questioned not being people turned up she said " Its because we hired a large hall, we could have hired a smaller one if we wanted too ":hilarious:

Me too. I assume someone in the party knows a GMTV producer as it's a strange stat that there were more people in the TV studio than supporters at the launch of their party!

In fairness, there's a surprising number of people in a film studio. There could be as many as 2.

Yes but is another Euro election really a runner. (even if Article 50 were extended)?

If Article 50 is extended, which is quite likely we would still be in the EU and should therefore have representation in the European Parliament. Maybe the "we are ruled by Brussels" brigade would come out and vote making a change from the usual low turnout out these elections.

Y
His name isn't Corduroy and I have never seen him as the new messiah. I don't particularly praise him just defend him against what I see as unjustified criticism. So I:

Stated that he is anti racist every time it is implied this is not the case.

Stated that he is generating large support at well attended political gatherings.

Stated that while he has been leader Labour have won big elections in London, Bristol, Sheffield - often with increased majorities or winning back from the Tories in the case of the London Mayor.

Rejected the front page news about how tight his tie knot is, how low his bow is, whether he sings the national anthem (I never do - it's about God and the Queen - two concepts I object to).

Been appalled at the behaviour of the PLP especially in denying full paid up members the right to vote in the leadership election.

I am a left wing moderate and if in 2 years time it looks like Labour would not win a GE I would I am very happy for Corbyn to step aside and for someone else to take over. But that has to be done in the right way by engaging with the massive increase in membership rather than turning against them. The coup is a farce as it will only end in the result we had before it was called but instead of Labour and the Tories being neck and neck there is now a 14 point gap. That is the result of trying to unseat Corbyn.

I have a straight forward way of thinking. I'm not interested in trying to wrangle a victory over how things are worded. I'm interested in fairness and the bigger picture.

So - I believe it is unfair to straddle too much 'blame' for the EU exit on anyone except Cameron as he called the referendum and he lead the Remain campaign, and he lied throughout, and then he quit.

That is how I feel. It's not tricky or sinister. I'm not a massive Corbyn fan but I back the Labour Party and he is the leader with a massive mandate which is likely to get bigger. That is democracy and IMO the PLP need to except that and harness the extra members and support each other and debate policy from that start point.

i can't see how anyone could see my stance as unreasonable.

And yes this is still on the wrong thread.
I do

You know if you quote Rusty Shackleford you've immediately lost any authority in the argument.

Back