• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Daniel Bentley

I get where you're coming from.... I just feel he's become a bit of a big billy bollocks. No doubt he's a good keeper granted. My view on him changed when he refused to sign a new contract to be honest. He thinks he's better than he actually is right now. He forgets he's where he is now because of our club with all the time and effort we put into his development. As I said, he's a good keeper but not as good as he thinks he is himself. He's certainly not the finished article yet.

The last thing Dan does is forget where he's come from, he still holds the club in great affection. As with any player in an interview, they want to say the right things towards their current club, you can't be blaming him for that.

Hopefully he's not out for too long.

His got three years at Brentford to get another big money move that we'd cash in on...

Going to play for England according to some on here, so needs to raise his game. Never short of confidence though, which is probably no bad thing for a keeper.

Absolute howler on Sky Sports against Blackburn, diving all over the place and it's gone straight through him.

Nice article in Sunday's Football League Paper where Dan says he has vastly improved since moving to Brentford. He's kept 10 clean sheets so far. He says he has developed into a sweeper-keeper. He says at Southend he never really used to pass the ball out unless there was a player in an acre of space. "That's not the Southend ethos it's not the way they play"! I think they got a bargain.

At 1.1 million quid +add ons? He certainly looked (as he always did with us) a class keeper when I saw him play for Brentford against Fulham last Saturday.And of course he saved a penalty.

Does anyone know if Bentley lives in Langdon Hills, I was delivering this morning & sure he came out of a house there this morning with his girlfriend, this guy was driving a nice e class merc, absolutely sure it was him??

Me too, though I'm sure he's down this way a lot.

Comes down to the same tattoo "parlour" that he has been using for some while - apparently leaving some space on his chest for an England badge and xx (to be the number of caps he earns) - sounds like good planning to me. :unsure:

I swear I saw him near Liverpool Street a couple of Fridays ago playing hide & seek.

Nice article about Dan here...... All about his early days at Arsenal as a kid & at Southend United as a trainee.

As the headline suggests how a holiday changed his life ( Personally, I've never heard of Reece Ottley as a Southend Goal keeping coach, & the coincidence of their fate) I also enjoyed reading the bit about he's car cleaning jobs as a kid & a being a possible police officer in the future.....

Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did......

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/spor...ws/brentford-origins-how-holiday-led-13121003

I remember reading a different article where he said he was a left-back at Arsenal and they said we think you'd be a better goalkeeper. Strange. =S

Brentford goalkeeper Dan Bentley, 23, saved a holiday maker from drowning in Thailand. Bentley's partner Laura tweeted her pride, calling him a "hero". (GetWestLondon)

He'll save anything ..that boy! Well done young man!

Oh Daniel Bentley's magic, he wears his magic gloves.
and when he's standing in his goal we know just what he does.

He saves with his left, he saves with his right,
and when he goes on holiday he saves somebody's life!

Funny old world - if he had pushed someone in the pool it would be front page news ,,, yet he saves someones life and it barely gets mentioned anywhere !

Funny old world - if he had pushed someone in the pool it would be front page news ,,, yet he saves someones life and it barely gets mentioned anywhere!

Well, that's all Bentley's own fault - after singing a Peter Andre song know one wants to have anything to do with him ..... and rightly so. :winking:

Back