• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Promoted today with them to the Conference South, scored the equaliser against Hendon.

Promoted today with them to the Conference South, scored the equaliser against Hendon.
Dulwich Hamlet play off final.
Super sunny so shade is at a premium and the queue for a beer is excruciatingly long but essential. £3.50 a pint. Music industry people in the queue so ended up hanging with them. Some Croydon Labour regulars too. And a man with a tattoo of a cat staring into a fishbowl and seeing its own reflection. Crowd mostly made up of people that smile at you if you catch their eye, and include two people that compliment my Melt Banana T shirt. And a makeshift crèche in one corner.

Ground seems a lot less Eastern Bloc in the sunshine (my last visit it was snowing). Lush looking pitch.
Fairly decent football but Dulwich lacking the final ball and shots are not forthcoming. Hendon went ahead late in the first half against the run of play, opening from nowhere and a well hit shot.

Halftime pitch invasion as the fans swap ends and the channels are too slow moving.

15 mins into the second half and after sustained pressure Dulwich get a deserved equaliser through ex Shrimper Gavin Tomlin. The tannoy announcement reminds me of the original black and white version of The Fly when the tiny fly with the human head is saying 'help me' in a tinny wobbly voice.

Message from home - the hoover has broken, I've suggested we use the lawn mower indoors but with the blade on a higher setting. Should be ok.

Extra time. Largely cancelled each other out other than a fierce Dulwich shot that came off the bar and the follow up was way over and post again from an over hit cross.

Penalties:
Early Hendon miss then another but a DH miss kept it interesting but for a 4-3 win.

Blue and pink smoke, everyone on the pitch and up to the Conference South.

My third Hamlet match and I've definitely developed a soft spot for them but I imagine being on their fan forum and the frustration of having to agree with every poster!

Back