• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

1 goal so far this season.

In his defense he's only started 2 league games for Portsmouth this season and made 13 sub appearances, 9 of which were him coming on after the 80th minutes so he's not really had much opportunity to score.

saw him haul his overweight backside onto the pitch at Fratton on saturday.....

in a disgracefully unfit team (Doyle for example) he looked ..... unfit -

still conning people he can play when he can't - awful

Class when fit but at the fag end of his career now. Like somebody said above, really nice bloke and I am sure he will be snapped up by a L2 or National League team.

Class when fit but at the fag end of his career now. Like somebody said above, really nice bloke and I am sure he will be snapped up by a L2 or National League team.

Yes - if you enjoy playing footie (as he seemed to do) then find a team close(ish) to home and just enjoy it whilst you can. :thumbsup:

Yes - if you enjoy playing footie (as he seemed to do) then find a team close(ish) to home and just enjoy it whilst you can. :thumbsup:

I agree, but I would think too many footballers have a particular lifestyle to maintain and the twilight of their career is a real cause for panic and worry. It wouldn't surprise me if Noel was one of these.

Interesting that the article pretty says he knows he's pretty rubbish now but likes his influence on the young players.

Quite interesting that Cook was his manager last season at Pompey but Noel was always injured or not favoured. If I were Noel I'd rather try and play a few more games before retirement but I suppose Wigan will pay him more just to sit on the bench or the injury room.

Now signed for Wigan, strange move all round really but good for him.

Saw this on twitter.

Fans are funny sometimes, had one guy saying how it meant they really mean business with this signing. Anyone should be able to see he is unlikely to have a lot of impact or even game time.

Had plenty of quality about him but never going to get much out of him.

Saw this on twitter.

Fans are funny sometimes, had one guy saying how it meant they really mean business with this signing. Anyone should be able to see he is unlikely to have a lot of impact or even game time.

Had plenty of quality about him but never going to get much out of him.

Blimey, I think they should ask Southend and Portsmouth fans what he's like.

Been named Reading caretaker manager until the end of the season after they sacked Paul Ince. He was under 23s manager.

Back