• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So the England one fine. But there was the Sunderland one, the Bolton one. Any others he wants to tout himself for next week? And don't get me wrong, I can see why he would want these jobs but the way he goes about it is the problem for me. And does it get him anywhere?

Would be want to go back to Hull with their current regime now Steve Bruce has quit ? Sorry if I've missed this earlier in the thread.

Not sure I understand your logic there, Jose had a bad season but he won the league the season before that and has a string of titles through his career, for clubs to ignore all of that just because of one bad season would be ridiculous.

Sorry it wasn't the right context. The guy is an utterly smug **** and I'd argue it's easier to manage a team with $$$$ rather than a team with $$ or even $ or, in our case, cents.

During a live interview on Sky Sports News HQ just now, Brown refused to say if he would or wouldn't be interested in the vacancy at Hull. It appeared to me from his demeanour that he is interested in the Hull job. All this after he had just told the interviewer how important it is for players to have certainty and stability around them with regard to who will be leading them into the new season when questioned about the appointment of David Moyes at Sunderland. Did anyone else get the same impression from that interview?

Interview from Great Wakering. Handled interview far better, doesn't make it sound like he is touting for jobs.

[video=youtube_share;k_N3JXE0xs8]http://youtu.be/k_N3JXE0xs8[/video]

During a live interview on Sky Sports News HQ just now, Brown refused to say if he would or wouldn't be interested in the vacancy at Hull. It appeared to me from his demeanour that he is interested in the Hull job. All this after he had just told the interviewer how important it is for players to have certainty and stability around them with regard to who will be leading them into the new season when questioned about the appointment of David Moyes at Sunderland. Did anyone else get the same impression from that interview?

He is never going to say he doesnt want a job in the premiership and its unreasonable and realistic to expect him to say he wouldnt be interested. What I dont want to see him doing is touting for the job and I dont think he did in this instance.

I thought he handled the whole interview very well. He bought Southend into the interview and the Southend shirt and badge were visible for the whole interview. I'm not sure what folk on here want at times. Sky Sport were bound to ask him awkward questions on the Hull vacancy and he didn't bite.

I thought that was a superb response from Phil, well balanced, intelligent, contrite, thoughtful, wise and good fun, whilst clearly promoting our club! Exactly what the lovely Rigsby would call us Phil Brown haters , have been calling for ! Thats also the way to promote yourself and get the job. Phils been reading the zone for tips!!

I thought that was a superb response from Phil, well balanced, intelligent, contrite, thoughtful, wise and good fun, whilst clearly promoting our club! Exactly what the lovely Rigsby would call us Phil Brown haters , have been calling for ! Thats also the way to promote yourself and get the job. Phils been reading the zone for tips!!

Its all ok I had a word with him.:winking:

I thought he handled the whole interview very well. He bought Southend into the interview and the Southend shirt and badge were visible for the whole interview. I'm not sure what folk on here want at times. Sky Sport were bound to ask him awkward questions on the Hull vacancy and he didn't bite.

Well done PB Great interview and very professional. Restored my faith and believe me touting not required.

Or he could have said. "I have just delivered a very poor second half of the season culminating in an abject and unbroken club record losing run at the end of it. I haven't won anything for ages (apart from the narrowest of promotions from the bottom tier). Why on earth would they want me?"

Always ready for a positive spin on life, Mick. I bet you're great fun down the pub....

In the press today that big Sam wants PB in his coaching team etc
Quick way for Big Sam's credibility to plummet - he needs to be creating a scenario where the next Manager is already in situ and will just step in to the role when he leaves, not giving his mates a job.

i would be amazed if this happened personally.

Quick way for Big Sam's credibility to plummet - he needs to be creating a scenario where the next Manager is already in situ and will just step in to the role when he leaves, not giving his mates a job.

i would be amazed if this happened personally.

The England team have lots of various coaches. Im sure that this would be a minor role in comparison.

Done deal. Big Sam press conference tomorrow at 11. Brown will be announced as coach.
Hmmm All this speculation and rumour seems to be generated by PB!!! In the Echo article PB says he hasn't even spoken to anyone including Allaydce and has left him a phone message but no reply....

I thought he conducted himself very well in that interview.

Back