• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
So far we have played four friendlies, 3 on the UK mainland and one in sunny Spain. In those four games we have scored 18 goals and conceded 4. Although the opposition we have faced has not of the highest order they still were there to be beaten, and beaten them we have.

Next up Newcastle and Colchester

I haven't bothered with our goal scorers as I usually get them wrong and get picked up on here for it. If anyone fancies adding the goal scorers then great.

In the midst of the Brown interviews and gloom and doom I find these stats quite comforting. Roll on Tuesday so I can see for myself what our work in progress looks like.

Up the Blues.

So far we have played four friendlies, 3 on the UK mainland and one in sunny Spain. In those four games we have scored 18 goals and conceded 4. Although the opposition we have faced has not of the highest order they still were there to be beaten, and beaten them we have.

Next up Newcastle and Colchester

I haven't bothered with our goal scorers as I usually get them wrong and get picked up on here for it. If anyone fancies adding the goal scorers then great.

In the midst of the Brown interviews and gloom and doom I find these stats quite comforting. Roll on Tuesday so I can see for myself what our work in progress looks like.

Up the Blues.

Here comes a 0-6 drubbing just to pi$$ you off.

V Great Wakering Rovers: (Won 7-0)

Mooney 1
Leonard 2
Batiokwa 1
Cotton 1
Murray 2

V Canvey: (Won 2-1)

O'Neil 1
Murray 1

V Rincon De La Victoria: (Won 6-1)

Williams 2
Bridge 2
Mclaughlin 1
Cox 1

V West Ham XI: (Won 3-2)

Mooney 1
Mclaughlin 2

Current Total Goal Scorers List:

Mclaughlin = 3
Murray = 3
Mooney = 2
Leonard = 2
Bridge = 2
Williams = 2
Cox = 1
O'Neil = 1
Cotton = 1
Batiowka = 1

Last edited:

Mooney 1
Leonard 2
Batiokwa 1
Cotton 1
Murray 2

O'Neil 1
Murray 1

Williams 2
Bridge 2
Mclaughlin 1
Cox 1

Mooney 1
Mclaughlin 2

Mclaughlin = 3
Murray = 3
Mooney = 2
Leonard = 2
Bridge = 2
Williams = 2
Cox = 1
O'Neil = 1
Cotton = 1
Batiowka = 1

you see, I would never have got that list right, well done Mattitouk.

So far

Really happy with Mooney, Cox, Ranger and Murray (sign Murray throw in Williams = Job well done)
Really happy with McLaughlin and McGlashan on the flanks (Bridge, O'Neill and ANO = Job Done)
Happy with GK - Smith and Oxley will push each other and both to standard.
Happy with FB- Demetriou class with White and O'Neil, LB Cokes and White and McLaughlin can do a decent job
Concerned re CM- Wordswoth injured, Timlin injured so Leonard and Atkinson. Maybe we are one light..
Concerned re CB- Thompson & Barrett happy with- need +2: not seen Sokolik since he's been back and the other guy for 45 mins at GWR- however probably the easiest position to find decent player

PB has said he want to bring in another 3 maybe 4- if they are the right ones I am getting confident

Think we will get smashed on Tuesday. I work with a Geordie, they have been smashing everyone apart from Donny Rovers, 2-2. Bernitez has got them playing good attacking football, I worry at present with our CB partnership. Wouldn't be surprised if it's 3 or 4-0

Think we will get smashed on Tuesday. I work with a Geordie, they have been smashing everyone apart from Donny Rovers, 2-2. Bernitez has got them playing good attacking football, I worry at present with our CB partnership. Wouldn't be surprised if it's 3 or 4-0

Hopefully it will be a good workout for the players regardless of the result. An opportunity to test the new grouping against top quality opposition. I doubt a resounding Southend victory is on the cards but you never know. I'll be happy with everyone playing to their best and not picking up injuries.

To be fair to them, (and i'm sure their own fans would agree) that taking into account along with the size, money and quality that they have invested into their squad, that they have had about as challenging a pre season so far as we have.

I wouldn't say getting convincing wins by playing a team that is 9th (out of 12) in the Irish league, & another that finished 11th (out of 16) last season in the Belgium league, is hardly challenging to a solid professional outfit like the Magpies. Their toughest test so far, has been against Division 2 side, Doncaster Rovers, which as you mentioned resulted in a 2-2 draw.

With that in mind, i'm not expecting (well hoping at least) for us not to get spanked 4-0, and similar to what RHB wrote earlier, I doubt a win in our favour will be the final outcome, but hopefully we will give a good account of ourselves and don't pick up any more injuries before the season starts in a fortnight's time.

Mooney 1
Leonard 2
Batiokwa 1
Cotton 1
Murray 2

O'Neil 1
Murray 1

Williams 2
Bridge 2
Mclaughlin 1
Cox 1

Mooney 1
Mclaughlin 2

V Colchester United (Won 2-0)

Cox 1
Mooney 1

Mclaughlin = 3
Murray = 3
Mooney = 3
Leonard = 2
Bridge = 2
Williams = 2
Cox = 2
O'Neil = 1
Cotton = 1
Batiowka = 1

Mooney 1
Leonard 2
Batiokwa 1
Cotton 1
Murray 2

O'Neil 1
Murray 1

Williams 2
Bridge 2
Mclaughlin 1
Cox 1

Mooney 1
Mclaughlin 2

Cox 1
Mooney 1

Mclaughlin = 3
Murray = 3
Mooney = 3
Leonard = 2
Bridge = 2
Williams = 2
Cox = 2
O'Neil = 1
Cotton = 1
Batiowka = 1

Where's the Newcastle game?

Sadly, we didn't score any goals, so naturally there wasn't much point in adding that one in.

Sadly, we didn't score any goals, so naturally there wasn't much point in adding that one in.

Still a pre-season friendly and should be part of the statistics you have put together. It's like erasing from history and games we didn't win or score in. That wouldn't leave many games :smile:

LOL. Yeah that would be nice though to have some kind of special privilege that all our league games that we lose are erased from history and not reflected in any league stats / position etc.

RHB From post#1 asked if someone fancied compiling a list of our pre - season goal scorers. But considering you asked so nicely, I will update it just for you.

Mooney 1
Leonard 2
Batiokwa 1
Cotton 1
Murray 2

O'Neil 1
Murray 1

Williams 2
Bridge 2
Mclaughlin 1
Cox 1

Mooney 1
Mclaughlin 2

V Newcastle Utd (Lost 0-2)

NO GOAL SCORERS

Cox 1
Mooney 1

Final Pre-Season Goal Scorers List:

Mclaughlin = 3
Murray = 3
Mooney = 3
Leonard = 2
Bridge = 2
Williams = 2
Cox = 2
O'Neil = 1
Cotton = 1
Batiowka = 1

FINAL OVERALL PRE-SEASON TOTAL STATS:

Games Played = 6
Games Won = 5
Games Drawn = 0
Games Lost = 1

Goals Scored = 20
Goals Conceded = 6
Goal Difference = +14

Last edited:
Which gives us 20 goals for and 6 conceded. We didn't get hammered against Newcastle as was suggested so now let's get into Gillingham for the real stuff.

Which gives us 20 goals for and 6 conceded. We didn't get hammered against Newcastle as was suggested so now let's get into Gillingham for the real stuff.

Not to mention we held them 0-0 for the first 50 minutes of the game.

If only we could replicate those same stats in our first 6 games of the season... We can only dream of giving Gillingham a 7-0 pasting.

In contrast Gillingham's friendly results are below:

Concord Rangers A – W 2-1
Billericay Town A D 1-1
Barnet A – L 0-2
Dartford A – W 2-1
Leyton Orient A Losing 0-2 Game abandoned, bad injury to a Gills player.

With only a superficial view their results aren't stunningly impressive.

Spoke to an Orient fan in the pub, he reckoned Gills were terrible today. Without wanting to sound over confident I think the 3 points are there for the taking, we need an early win to break that terrible losing streak from the end of last season. I hope we take the game to them and attack from the off. UTB:loyalsupporter:

I truly hope you and RHB are correct. They seemed to be buying like mad initially at the start of the transfer window.

Your comments have made mattitouk a very happy man right now! :happy:

Back