• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
So it's reported today that Big Sam is considering PB for a role in the England set up and obviously it's a role PB would love.

If he is involved, would he be able to do that on a part time basis?

Would the FA allow him to do it part time?

Personally, I think he probably could, especially with the set up we have here. I guess the main thing going against him is the lack of international experience.

It'll certainly raise the profile of our club!

No-one surely would begrudge him that tremendous honour. Good luck to him.

Press speculation at the moment. Before we have another 10 pages.

With us in League 1 I struggle to see how part-time would work as we don't get international breaks and don't have enough international players to request postponements.

With us in League 1 I struggle to see how part-time would work as we don't get international breaks and don't have enough international players to request postponements.

Yeah, but if Phil were an England coach then International class players would be clamouring to join us.

On a serious note surely the FA could postpone our games ? Would be other clubs in league 1 with players on international duty for smaller nations surely ?

Id be happy to see Phil manage a part time job with Engoland, great experience and I think we would all benefit from it. I also think we have a very good back up team with Coughky and others. Somehow I think Phil would also manage the mouthpiece bit quite well if called upon:smile:, but ,maybe would have to give up other aspects of media efforts?

he/we keep speculating of his departure. Hull, Bolton, England...... either we dont trust him or he wont be here much longer but any talk like this cant help team spirit or morale around the club/dressing room/terrace? So sod off or shut up.

he/we keep speculating of his departure. Hull, Bolton, England...... either we dont trust him or he wont be here much longer but any talk like this cant help team spirit or morale around the club/dressing room/terrace? So sod off or shut up.

You forgot Sunderland!!!

Brown will not be part of the England set up. They have already taken a gamble with Allardyce and his mouthy manner and lack of international experience.
Clement or Lee are the obvious candidates to assist.

Phil struggles with this job,God part time with Engerland is comedy gold at its very finest:smiles:

Brown will not be part of the England set up. They have already taken a gamble with Allardyce and his mouthy manner and lack of international experience.
Clement or Lee are the obvious candidates to assist.

Very useful when your defending a long throw from the mighty Iceland.

Can't see it being feasible really. I don't think postponing our fixtures on international weeks is a good idea, would just lead to more midweek games. Brown has enough trouble keeping his eye on one job, let alone two.

Just listened to Phil on Talk Sport and he basically said everything that we have already from hi. No surprises, no shocks and no concrete information.

Basically sounded that he would be proud to be part of a national team set up. To be honest in the profession that he is in who wouldn't be.

If it can't be accomadated with the current role then so be it...

Paul Clement will be one of them joining big sam at least he can motivate players which hodgson couldn't manage in 3 tournements

You shouldn't need any motivation when playing for England!!!

The problem I have with England mangers is continuing to pick injured players and leaving out form players because they're not big names and then not playing players in their club positions

The problem I have with England mangers is continuing to pick injured players and leaving out form players because they're not big names and then not playing players in their club positions

never been a true comment made :thumbsup:

I don't think Sam will do that. If he had have been in charge for the Euro's I can imagine he wouldn't have taken Henderson or Wilshere.

England didn't have a problem with motivation in France. They had a problem with a lack of tactics.

And no, he couldn't do both jobs

Back