• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A friend of a friend who used to play golf with Tilly's next door neighbour says PB is currently talking to Kevin Nolan. :omg:

A friend of a friend who used to play golf with Tilly's next door neighbour says PB is currently talking to Kevin Nolan. :omg:

Yes please. Regular in the Prem until last season, then joined Orient as player manager with a reasonable record until the job reverted to Hessenthaler. At 34, well known to Phil, he could probably do a job for us. Well worth a look IMO.

Yes please. Regular in the Prem until last season, then joined Orient as player manager with a reasonable record until the job reverted to Hessenthaler. At 34, well known to Phil, he could probably do a job for us. Well worth a look IMO.

rate Nolan highly and he was always a mainstay of my Fantasy Football Team - but just a little word ..................wages.

How could we afford him?

rate Nolan highly and he was always a mainstay of my Fantasy Football Team - but just a little word ..................wages.

How could we afford him?

He was awful at Orient last season on the pitch, worst player they had according to my O's spy in the camp. Guessing he won't command much these days.

He was awful at Orient last season on the pitch, worst player they had according to my O's spy in the camp. Guessing he won't command much these days.

That's sad to hear - I wonder how much his heart was in it after he lost the Manager's job?

Need some input from Johnny??

Chris Phillips ‏@CJPhillips1982 7m7 minutes ago Basildon, East
Now confirmed that Sokolik to is to offered a deal by Blues.

There's still plenty of trialists out there at other clubs. I see Zak Ansah has been on trial at Northampton for a couple of weeks now - wonder if he'd be worth a punt now Ronan Murray has been let go?

I don't really understand the Shrimperzone obsession with Zak Ansah. Is it just a nostalgia thing because of his old man? His scoring record at senior level is pretty poor and he's never really done much in the football league to prove he can cut it.

There is surely better out there.

Based on what? the guy has hardly played due to lack of fitness and injury. at least murray was fit, think we need to get at least one more if not two in. dangerous to gamble on Williams or ranger as back up at this stage

So Murray who has a history of injuries we should keep because he gets through a pre-season without getting injured, and Ranger who has no history of injuries we should be alarmed about because he has a groin strain..

I am happy to trust the staff on Ranger and what he can achieve- but all the feedback to date has been positive in terms of his ability from PB. If you started a poll saying if we had a choice who should we keep Murray or Ranger I would be surprised (I would say stunned but this is SZ) if we said Murray.

Anyhow come Xmas I guess we will know the answer.

On the whole, I think we have mainly given positive feedback (from what we have seen) on both Ranger & Murray.
It's just a shame we cant sign both, as I think they would both be upgrades on what has or will shortly depart the club.

On the whole, I think we have mainly given positive feedback (from what we have seen) on both Ranger & Murray.
It's just a shame we cant sign both, as I think they would both be upgrades on what has or will shortly depart the club.

Either one would be a gamble. Murray has a history of injuries. Ranger has a history of inflicting injuries.

Is it me or has there been a dearth of trialists this season?

Where are the players that have been or are being released by clubs in the division above?

Where are the players that have been or are being released by clubs in the division above?

Kenny Jackett has been released by wolves. Whilst I would criticise anyone who started talking about successors when we already have a manager in charge, I have to say that if there is one bloke with a track record of success in our division, it's him.

I am sure that they are around but for some reason don't want to come to Southend - shame as despite everything I think we have a pretty good record of developing players

i

I think you are right. I counted 31 over past 3 seasons but very few during this opportunity. No idea why though, unless linked to belief that we would secure more targets than we did and Browns stated desire for a smaller squad,? There were times when we would look at ten and they would be coming and going like London buses, mind you not sure extra numbers particularly did us any favours when you look back to the signings made

Yes it is you Ratty...................correct again.
As long as the lesser number of trialists are more likely candidates to be useful then that is good thing maybe?
Also PB and GC can look more closely at fewer and get a better idea of them and how they fit it to the master plan for domination of the Universe.
It is good of PB to not have the agent's interests in mind but just that of SUFC

As for the released players from the Chumps I haven't noticed there being much quality or "names" AND those that may have been "fancied" appear to have gone to other Chumps or abroad to Jockoland. or US of A.

Another recent tweet from CP:

Blues had four trialists in their starting line-up at Colchester today. None will be kept on so no names have been given.

Back