• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Now that we are seemingly not offering the trialists deals and with injuries mounting already, we will need more in.

I've not heard from Brown or CP that there are others in the pipeline.

I hope with all of the money we are making from player sales that we are able to get some real quality in.

We will need at least 3 new faces in to hope to challenge.

We could do with a central midfielder with experience while others are injured, another centre half and a striker on top of Nile as well and get rid of Williams,pro footballer my a#*e!

Now that we are seemingly not offering the trialists deals and with injuries mounting already, we will need more in.

I've not heard from Brown or CP that there are others in the pipeline.

I hope with all of the money we are making from player sales that we are able to get some real quality in.

We will need at least 3 new faces in to hope to challenge.

Doesn't look like any of the money we will receive, has so far been put back towards the team. There was talk of reducing the squad but at the moment our wage bill must be a lot less than last year.

Lets hope Ron has seen enough to know we might have to look a bit higher than other peoples cast-offs.

Who knows how clubs will use the loan system. To sign for the whole season seems to be a gamble from both sides and the player would have to be fully committed. On the one hand who wants a Shaq Coulthirst for a whole year but on the other, we will miss out on a Steven Hendrie as he would be to costly.

Browny is on Talksport this morning and mentioned that he is looking for 4 more ... didn't say what and who , but was actively looking

Another centre-back, winger, centre-mid and striker I would guess. Let's not forget we have until the end of August to sign players. Ideally we'd like to do all our business before the start of the season but if not there's still plenty of time, and you can sometimes pick up some good bargains at the end of the window.

Another centre-back, winger, centre-mid and striker I would guess. Let's not forget we have until the end of August to sign players. Ideally we'd like to do all our business before the start of the season but if not there's still plenty of time, and you can sometimes pick up some good bargains at the end of the window.

I'm with you .......... still time to pick up players who could be just what we are after.

Hash tag: Keepyourpowderdry

I suppose it's all about what the target of achievement is. Does the club want promotion or consolidation? The signings thus far do not suggest promotion and indeed consolidation may be later in the season than we would feel comfortable with. A few good signings now would make all the difference.

Sokolik has not signed yet, so I guess he would be one of the four. My guess is maybe one perm and a couple on loan.

Still time.
Didnt Assombalonga sign on the day of the first match or is my memory fading ?

We have not really been that successful with loanees and triallists in recent times sometimes makes me wonder why we bother and dont plan earlier to move on a few more key signings as we have done with Demetriou and Mc Glashen. I accept we did in part miss out on certain targets

We did trial Ben Coker , who has turned out to be excellent, but he is much the exception. You may remember Phil , in a previous season boasted of the 3 strikers he was bringing in following trial. That was Barnard, Weston and Coulthirst. All 3, I immediately suggested were not great signings and wouldnt score much as our new strike force
I think the current list of triallists for the past 3 seasons amounts to around 31 !! ( I can name all of them, but its a lot of typing) which apart from the above 3, we took on Bedsante ( 6 months) Reid very temporary and now Sokolik and maybe Ranger. But hardly a glowing endorsement for our capacity ( or strategy/system ) to get some decent triallists in, if we are to persist this way each year it doesnt seem to be working out too well. . Now we are left 4 or 5 short for Centre backs , midfield and strikers

Just also reflecting on Port Vale bringing in 13, not sure if any were on trial, mostly from abroad!

Back