• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Street parking at Shakespeares drive or one of the other roads. I do it every game and have done for years. I always find a space.

Can't you park on North Road where the lorry entrance for Comet, Homebase is? I know it says no entrance but there are usually cars parked there in the day. If it's private property then it's not the councils job to give out tickets there, and IIRC there are no notices of fines if you do park there.

I always use Civic Centre. 3 hours is £2.40 . Free after 6pm. Make sure you have enough change for machine as it does not give change!
If top area full - lower level can be used by general public at weekends and after 6.

Last edited:
Parking today was total bliss. I got a spot in Prittlewell Chase just before Fairfax Drive, that's never happened before and no delay getting away afterwards.

Another possible option for Blake if it's more about proximity to the ground rather than a money aspect. Others might be able to confirm this, but IIRC, don't some homeowners "rent" out their driveways on match days along East street opposite side to the church & fish house, walking towards the Railway Tavern?

On Saturday games I usually park in car park the where the old Tax office was on Victoria Avenue. Get there about 14:30 and £1 will get you parking until about 18:30 (even though the machine says £2.50, £1 will give you a stated time of 18:30!). Did it all last season without a problem!

In over 30 years of driving and parking for home matches I don't think I have ever paid to park. Plenty of free street parking within 10 mins walk of Roots Hall even for large crowds.

I still think Roots Hall is one of the easiest lower division grounds to park at and get away from at the end of the match.

Generally try to park at least 20 minute walk away from RH, towards Leigh direction, which means a decent 40 min bit of exercise and avoids the bottle necks getting away after a match.

Back