• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

80 quid cash Cyril. When I use my home made divine sticks it still shows water in exactly the same place, and other people have tried them with the same result. So it may be there but deeper than we dug.

I could have sold you some divining sticks for £75 and you would have been quids in.

Was thinking more about the E&S reply I got explaining about my "private water supply" which I dint have, so I spoke to the bloke who fixed the leak. I needed to establish if he turned the water off or did the job live and if he did turn it off where did he turn it off from.

Yes he turned it off, and he turned it off from the new stop tap fitted by the water company. I'm disappointed that rather than issue some sort of apology the water company have made up a rubbish reason to try and exclude themselves from any problems. I'm going to ring her today.

Was thinking more about the E&S reply I got explaining about my "private water supply" which I dint have, so I spoke to the bloke who fixed the leak. I needed to establish if he turned the water off or did the job live and if he did turn it off where did he turn it off from.

Yes he turned it off, and he turned it off from the new stop tap fitted by the water company. I'm disappointed that rather than issue some sort of apology the water company have made up a rubbish reason to try and exclude themselves from any problems. I'm going to ring her today.

and how has that gone?

why not tell Essex and suffolk water that, as this supply is not thiers , you are going to plumb your house into it and cancel your coontract with them, as you no longer need their water ?

and how has that gone?

OK but she didn't really have any answers other than to tell me who to contact if I want to take the complaint further. Don't think there is much point really. I don't want to cause trouble for anyone, and the bloke who did the original tests, and fitted the test metre, which showed no water consumption, is a decent fella who lives round the corner.

He did say if water runs a long way through the ground the chlorine can be stripped form it but it appears we are talking about water running across the width of the house which is less than 30 feet, so do they have much chlorine or other chemicals in it to start with?

The end result is apart from suffering some upheaval my insurance premium will probably go up next year, but a proper answer from E&S about their failure to find the problem initially would have been nice.

Back