Likes Likes:  130
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: West Stand idiots

Default West Stand idiots

Is it me or are we not getting a few idiots attending at the hall over the last few games.Like running on the pitch and on Saturday letting off flares.Also i witnessed a few trying to climb over the gates to get at the Gillingham fans.If this carries on the club will receive a penalty can we really afford that.

So come on lads act sensibility or dont bother coming

I believe it was a smoke device rather than a flare . HOWEVER IT IS JUST AS STUPID.

Please grow up and realise times change and what used to be acceptable is not now.

The club will ultimately suffer (after Saturdays inept performance is that a bad thing. mmmmm ) so please behave.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldon Shrimper View Post
    Is it me or are we not getting a few idiots attending at the hall over the last few games.Like running on the pitch and on Saturday letting off flares.Also i witnessed a few trying to climb over the gates to get at the Gillingham fans.If this carries on the club will receive a penalty can we really afford that.

So come on lads act sensibility or dont bother coming

Blog Entries

I'm not condoning the actions but the club ask for it with their embarrassing stewarding. No one checks a ticket or a bag. No searching is done. You could take in something a lot more dangerous than a smoke bomb

In the social media era we are in where it's so easy for a photo and a video to spread then word is gonna get out amongst fans of other league one clubs and will come here to take the **** because we let them away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrshire Blue View Post
    I'm not condoning the actions but the club ask for it with their embarrassing stewarding. No one checks a ticket or a bag. No searching is done. You could take in something a lot more dangerous than a smoke bomb

In the social media era we are in where it's so easy for a photo and a video to spread then word is gonna get out amongst fans of other league one clubs and will come here to take the **** because we let them away with it.

Searching was done for the away fans, one of them was arrested for bringing a flare whilst we walked past, they were being thoroughly searched.

Club treating its own fans with a little bit of respect and trust is embarrassing ? No the way we are treated is exactly how games should be stewarded, we shouldn't have to be searched to stop this happening, but its going to have to start happening because of a few who want to be "ultras" whatever that is.

Id suggest anyone going into the Blue Voice is searched but as they can get in there from anywhere in the West I assume the whole stand will have to be, causing extra cost hassle and delay. Sigh.

The W block is a disgrace to the club

Quote Originally Posted by Jam_Man View Post
    Searching was done for the away fans, one of them was arrested for bringing a flare whilst we walked past, they were being thoroughly searched.

Club treating its own fans with a little bit of respect and trust is embarrassing ? No the way we are treated is exactly how games should be stewarded, we shouldn't have to be searched to stop this happening, but its going to have to start happening because of a few who want to be "ultras" whatever that is.

Id suggest anyone going into the Blue Voice is searched but as they can get in there from anywhere in the West I assume the whole stand will have to be, causing extra cost hassle and delay. Sigh.
    This. If the club started searches and spot checks there'd be ample posts on here bemoaning infringements of civil liberties and the fact people missed the first 10 minutes because they rocked up at 2:58 expecting to waltz straight in.

It's not rocket science lads. We've been warned multiple times over this and the Football League would be well within its rights to throw the book at us here. If you think you're treated like animals at away games, consider what it'll be like if everyone's treated like that at Roots Hall for a season.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandBlue View Post
    This. If the club started searches and spot checks there'd be ample posts on here bemoaning infringements of civil liberties and the fact people missed the first 10 minutes because they rocked up at 2:58 expecting to waltz straight in.

It's not rocket science lads. We've been warned multiple times over this and the Football League would be well within its rights to throw the book at us here. If you think you're treated like animals at away games, consider what it'll be like if everyone's treated like that at Roots Hall for a season.
    Isnt it? Flares pretty close to rockets ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jam_Man View Post

Can't have been searched that thoroughly, they set of a couple of smoke bombs before kick off.

Quote Originally Posted by Egbert Moon View Post
    Not really, the actions of one person doesn't make a whole section of people a disgrace.

And so are the Idiots that graced the Pitch on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Danshrimper View Post
    Can't have been searched that thoroughly, they set of a couple of smoke bombs before kick off.
    As I walked past they were being thoroughly searched and the Gills fan standing there in handcuffs was a result of it, but to stop anything getting in is going to be hard though and if it keeps happening the searches will just get worse.

The CCTV is digital clear nowadays at The Hall, so the smoke bomb lad will be highlighted. It's silly doing stuff like that and climbing over barriers to get at away fans(mostly bluff anyway), because they're seen clear as day on the monitors and it's not worth a ban.

Quote Originally Posted by THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK View Post
    The CCTV is digital clear nowadays at The Hall, so the smoke bomb lad will be highlighted. It's silly doing stuff like that and climbing over barriers to get at away fans(mostly bluff anyway), because they're seen clear as day on the monitors and it's not worth a ban.
    Hope he is but one of stewards approached my partner and said on cctv it looks like it was her as the lad was very short, no older then 12/13 id say and we was right behind him. Obviously he moved to another part of the stand straight after he'd dropped it.

Without W block roots hall would be a library. So many happy to sit on their hands all game.

Maybe go and watch cricket or golf. Atmosphere is a special part of the match. Maybe try generating one some time.

Ps one muppet with a smoke bomb doest make a stand.

Pps I did see stewards taking someone out

Genuine question here. Are English flares more dangerous than those used abroad? I've sat in a stand where there were flares (loads) going off getting lobbed pitchside and dealt with by the stewards with no real drama.

Actually created a better atmosphere. I'm also asthmatic and I'm still breathing fine.