Likes Likes:  130
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 98

Thread: West Stand idiots

  

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Default West Stand idiots

    Is it me or are we not getting a few idiots attending at the hall over the last few games.Like running on the pitch and on Saturday letting off flares.Also i witnessed a few trying to climb over the gates to get at the Gillingham fans.If this carries on the club will receive a penalty can we really afford that.

    So come on lads act sensibility or dont bother coming

  2. #2
    Manager Bobby dazzler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    That would be telling
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    I believe it was a smoke device rather than a flare . HOWEVER IT IS JUST AS STUPID.

    Please grow up and realise times change and what used to be acceptable is not now.

    The club will ultimately suffer (after Saturdays inept performance is that a bad thing. mmmmm ) so please behave.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maldon Shrimper View Post
    Is it me or are we not getting a few idiots attending at the hall over the last few games.Like running on the pitch and on Saturday letting off flares.Also i witnessed a few trying to climb over the gates to get at the Gillingham fans.If this carries on the club will receive a penalty can we really afford that.

    So come on lads act sensibility or dont bother coming

  3. #3
    Chocalado Ayrshire Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hockley
    Posts
    15,650
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I'm not condoning the actions but the club ask for it with their embarrassing stewarding. No one checks a ticket or a bag. No searching is done. You could take in something a lot more dangerous than a smoke bomb

    In the social media era we are in where it's so easy for a photo and a video to spread then word is gonna get out amongst fans of other league one clubs and will come here to take the **** because we let them away with it.


  4. #4
    Super Moderator Jam_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Southend
    Posts
    25,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayrshire Blue View Post
    I'm not condoning the actions but the club ask for it with their embarrassing stewarding. No one checks a ticket or a bag. No searching is done. You could take in something a lot more dangerous than a smoke bomb

    In the social media era we are in where it's so easy for a photo and a video to spread then word is gonna get out amongst fans of other league one clubs and will come here to take the **** because we let them away with it.

    Searching was done for the away fans, one of them was arrested for bringing a flare whilst we walked past, they were being thoroughly searched.

    Club treating its own fans with a little bit of respect and trust is embarrassing ? No the way we are treated is exactly how games should be stewarded, we shouldn't have to be searched to stop this happening, but its going to have to start happening because of a few who want to be "ultras" whatever that is.

    Id suggest anyone going into the Blue Voice is searched but as they can get in there from anywhere in the West I assume the whole stand will have to be, causing extra cost hassle and delay. Sigh.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jam_Man View Post
    Searching was done for the away fans, one of them was arrested for bringing a flare whilst we walked past, they were being thoroughly searched.

    Club treating its own fans with a little bit of respect and trust is embarrassing ? No the way we are treated is exactly how games should be stewarded, we shouldn't have to be searched to stop this happening, but its going to have to start happening because of a few who want to be "ultras" whatever that is.

    Id suggest anyone going into the Blue Voice is searched but as they can get in there from anywhere in the West I assume the whole stand will have to be, causing extra cost hassle and delay. Sigh.
    This. If the club started searches and spot checks there'd be ample posts on here bemoaning infringements of civil liberties and the fact people missed the first 10 minutes because they rocked up at 2:58 expecting to waltz straight in.

    It's not rocket science lads. We've been warned multiple times over this and the Football League would be well within its rights to throw the book at us here. If you think you're treated like animals at away games, consider what it'll be like if everyone's treated like that at Roots Hall for a season.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator Jam_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Southend
    Posts
    25,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EastStandBlue View Post
    This. If the club started searches and spot checks there'd be ample posts on here bemoaning infringements of civil liberties and the fact people missed the first 10 minutes because they rocked up at 2:58 expecting to waltz straight in.

    It's not rocket science lads. We've been warned multiple times over this and the Football League would be well within its rights to throw the book at us here. If you think you're treated like animals at away games, consider what it'll be like if everyone's treated like that at Roots Hall for a season.
    Isnt it? Flares pretty close to rockets ?

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jam_Man View Post
    Searching was done for the away fans, one of them was arrested for bringing a flare whilst we walked past, they were being thoroughly searched.

    Club treating its own fans with a little bit of respect and trust is embarrassing ? No the way we are treated is exactly how games should be stewarded, we shouldn't have to be searched to stop this happening, but its going to have to start happening because of a few who want to be "ultras" whatever that is.

    Id suggest anyone going into the Blue Voice is searched but as they can get in there from anywhere in the West I assume the whole stand will have to be, causing extra cost hassle and delay. Sigh.
    Can't have been searched that thoroughly, they set of a couple of smoke bombs before kick off.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator Jam_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Southend
    Posts
    25,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danshrimper View Post
    Can't have been searched that thoroughly, they set of a couple of smoke bombs before kick off.
    As I walked past they were being thoroughly searched and the Gills fan standing there in handcuffs was a result of it, but to stop anything getting in is going to be hard though and if it keeps happening the searches will just get worse.

  9. #9

    Default

    The W block is a disgrace to the club

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Egbert Moon View Post
    The W block is a disgrace to the club
    Not really, the actions of one person doesn't make a whole section of people a disgrace.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Egbert Moon View Post
    The W block is a disgrace to the club
    And so are the Idiots that graced the Pitch on Saturday

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Egbert Moon View Post
    The W block is a disgrace to the club
    Without W block roots hall would be a library. So many happy to sit on their hands all game.

    Maybe go and watch cricket or golf. Atmosphere is a special part of the match. Maybe try generating one some time.

    Ps one muppet with a smoke bomb doest make a stand.

    Pps I did see stewards taking someone out

  13. #13

    Default

    Just to clarify for those wondering, I can confirm that no-one from TBV was involved with this incident, nor do we condone the actions of this individual. A couple of regular posters on here have alerted me to this thread, and there have been a few interesting comments so far. Just thought I'd quickly respond to a few of the posts made so far with my thoughts...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rootshallbloke View Post
    Good post and I agree that W block do really help the atmosphere at RH. The big question though, the nobheads that do this lurk in that block and I understand that those around them are loath to offer them up to Security when a flare or smoke bomb gets let off. So how do we stop them consistently ignoring the fact that they are hurting the club? In times past the most effective way for a nuisance to be controlled in the West was by someone having a 'strong' word with them, normally without force being necessary. Little chance of that happening now maybe.
    The club place an element of trust in our own fans, and unfortunately a very, very, very small minority of our fans disrespected that trust on Saturday. For this incident in particular, I did not see what had happened, as I was celebrating the goal. I would imagine that for many others this would be the case as well, and this does make identifying who it was very difficult. Another factor to take into consideration is that, as you say, not many fans would be willing to "grass up" a fellow fan to the club. I will make sure that some form of message is put out over the next few days with regards to this issue, as we cannot, as a club, afford to run the risk of getting fined for repeat incidents.

    Quote Originally Posted by kingSHRIMPER View Post
    Yeah it is hard to know the situation when you don't sit in that area of the ground. If you are guy who has come to the football to have a few beers and enjoy yourself and sing your heart out without doing anything that would cause the club trouble then should you be expected to police the fans that are idiots? And maybe get some lip or started on for your efforts? For me that area needs sensible but firm stewarding.
    A very valid point - to add to that real quick, even if someone did step up, one voice can only go so far, and even then sometimes that's not enough to prevent something from happening. I am aware that TBV do try to do what we can within the immediate area of where they are located, however this can sometimes unfortunately fall on deaf ears.

    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    If it carries on I think the club will consider shutting w block. Those with season tickets will have to find another seat. Would be a huge shame as the majority of singing comes from there but I would agree with the club if it meant we avoided fines.

    Been mentioned before but perhaps those in w block should let the club know who it is?
    I do fear that in a worst case scenario, the club may consider this, which would be a huge shame for the genuine fans who constantly sing their hearts out in that block. TBV have worked hard in the past to build links with the club, and it's a huge shame that 1 individual has taken it upon themselves to tarnish the reputation of the fans who really try their hardest week in and week out to improve the atmosphere at Roots Hall, just for 30-60 seconds of smoke.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
    By all means get tanked up have a bit of 'bantz' with the away fans and sing up! It's all about being that 12th man and giving the team that extra boost because we bloody need it at the moment!
    THIS. TBV was set up for this exact reason, being the 12th man of SUFC, getting behind the team and supporting the players in both a positive and family friendly way. Incidents like the one on Saturday are the absolute last thing TBV want.

    Please do not judge or berate the whole block, just because of the stupid actions of one individual - one individual's stupid actions does not represent the whole block. 99% of that block are there because they want to be part of the atmosphere, and to get behind the team week in and week out - please do not let the actions of a very, very small minority of idiots tarnish the great work that the large majority of individuals in that block do each and every match. A huge thanks to Cockle43 for posting this information about the laws of pyro in football stadiums - I won't quote the whole post as it's quite a lengthly post, however if you do have a few spare moments it is well worth a read for those who don't consider incidents like this "a big deal". For 30-60 seconds of smoke, it really isn't worth running the risks of the possible repercussions that you could be facing - to once again reiterate my earlier point, no-one involved with TBV was involved in this incident, and TBV most certainly do not condone the actions of this individual.
    Southend United Home and Away
    Supporter of The Blue Voice

    www.thebluevoice.co.uk

    Weston has delivered the cross, knocked down by Corr, this is Pigooooooooooooootttttt.................

    ONE HALF OF WEMBLEY ERUPTS!!!

  14. #14
    Life President
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Wickford
    Posts
    5,616
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Egbert Moon View Post
    The W block is a disgrace to the club
    First post on the site and you manage to write something that is both dumb and manages to alienate several hundred people at the same time - well done.I look forward to reading more of your well founded educated posts.
    Last edited by united we stand; 08-08-2016 at 04:57 PM.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Egbert Moon View Post
    The W block is a disgrace to the club
    You sir/madam/young man .....are a knob.

    Yes the "roughtie tufties" are all "giving it large" with big segregation ...they were noticeably absent when Cambridge, Luton and Millwall came down last season.

    It happens at all clubs, I don't have the answer I'm afraid...maybe everyone should sit a maturity test and based upon the result, be allocated a seat (or special pen) , where we can throw buns at them
    DlPaBllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll's

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ShrimperZone.Com Official Sponsors