• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

AS you know i originally put up this post but i have to say those that attended last night well done for acting as the number 12.Make sure those that know who these idiots are route them out before the club gets a penalty

Yet again this argument rears its ugly head again. The usual thing happens:

W Block supporters get defensive and come out saying that the whole world won't revolve if it wasn't for them.

The fans who don't like W Block think that it should be disbanded because of the trouble.

W Block supporters then say that if they weren't allowed in there Roots Hall would be a library and the players would pretty much down tools.

Then people start banging about flares! They aren't flares it's smoke bombs.

Then we get some people who never post supporting w block saying everyone else is a ******.

Here's an idea guys, give the ****** signs a rest, stop trying to get at the away fans. And don't be a ****ing dicks keep bringing smoke bombs in because it's going to cost our club and it's only you guys that will suffer!

By all means get tanked up have a bit of 'bantz' with the away fans and sing up! It's all about being that 12th man and giving the team that extra boost because we bloody need it at the moment!

spot on ricey

Who was the ******** screaming at Oxley for the last 10 minutes towards the front of w block?

Spot on, Dan and I discussed this very point last night before the game. I believe he will be contacting the club on this to suggest a couple of things to remedy the fact that, even though the younger generation are very social media aware, not that I'm pointing the finger at them as it could have been anyone, the posts made will be missed by quite a few.
I'm sure TBV will be offering to assist the club in preventing further occurrences.
We kicked around a few ideas and we'll see what comes out of it.
I think we all want to prevent the club getting into more trouble but at the same time I have no wish to see a young lad, potentially, tarnish the rest of his life for something like this in a moment of pointless bravado or stupidity.

Re their age- bit of a contradiction above:winking:

Another poster has already said that they saw who did it and pointed it out to a steward (I dont know his name, but the main guy for W who interacts with the fans and doesn't appear to take any crap (not that i have ever spoken to him), its just an impression.

you might want to contact said poster for more details before speaking to the club re why the lad wasn't thrown out. That would have sent out a message

The strangest thing about W block is those who feel the need to wear coats in august :smile:

Spot on, Dan and I discussed this very point last night before the game. I believe he will be contacting the club on this to suggest a couple of things to remedy the fact that, even though the younger generation are very social media aware, not that I'm pointing the finger at them as it could have been anyone, the posts made will be missed by quite a few.
I'm sure TBV will be offering to assist the club in preventing further occurrences.
We kicked around a few ideas and we'll see what comes out of it.
I think we all want to prevent the club getting into more trouble but at the same time I have no wish to see a young lad, potentially, tarnish the rest of his life for something like this in a moment of pointless bravado or stupidity.

As mine and Cockle43's post could easily be missed by non-zoners, we've put up a post on the TBV website which details what I've already posted on this thread a little more, and also includes a link to Cockle43's excellent post regarding the laws and repercussions. Hopefully this will reach a far wider target audience than just SZ, and the message will go across.

Another poster has already said that they saw who did it and pointed it out to a steward (I dont know his name, but the main guy for W who interacts with the fans and doesn't appear to take any crap (not that i have ever spoken to him), its just an impression.

you might want to contact said poster for more details before speaking to the club re why the lad wasn't thrown out. That would have sent out a message

Stewards did check the hands of fellow fans in that area (their hands would sometimes have a blue mark on them if they done it), and they obviously couldn't find anything. Whilst a fan flagging it up to another steward is all well and good, they can't go purely on a witness statement for something like that - that's actually quite a big accusation without CCTV evidence when you think of it, which could lead to severe repercussions for someone if they got it wrong and ejected/accused someone of something they didn't do. What they could do, is they can take that witness statement and review the CCTV - a witness statement is a good start, but if you can back it up with evidence from CCTV that's something far stronger to go on. I would think that the club have done this outside of the game, so whilst something wasn't physically done on the day, I'm fairly sure the club are actively working on reviewing the CCTV of the incidents for both home and away fans.

Playing devils advocate here.

We have employed and stuck by numerous players that have been in trouble for real crimes. (ie) against others and ones that if guilty offer some real jail time.

Why is a poxy bit of blue smoke such a big drama that we fill the need to act like we are hunting some kind of serial rapist?

I'm not justifying it, but I was stood about 4 or 5 rows back and didn't bat an eyelid. I'm still alive to tell the tale and I don't see anyone harping on about the smoke bomb that Gillingham set off just a few minutes prior.

On the continent they literally have hundreds of actual flares which could cause a fire and still no one's remotely bothered , yet here in happy clap land a spotty youth fires up a smoke bomb and we have jack the ripper in our midst.

Here is an idea, wind your neck in or maybe wind your neck out on a match day, and let the police or stewards do there job instead of playing Hercule Poirot

PS UTB

This.

Too many keyboard warriors, never see them front anyone directly. When someone posts "idiot two rows in front kept shouting abuse...", there's two people who look like idiots...
Playing devils advocate here.

We have employed and stuck by numerous players that have been in trouble for real crimes. (ie) against others and ones that if guilty offer some real jail time.

Why is a poxy bit of blue smoke such a big drama that we fill the need to act like we are hunting some kind of serial rapist?

I'm not justifying it, but I was stood about 4 or 5 rows back and didn't bat an eyelid. I'm still alive to tell the tale and I don't see anyone harping on about the smoke bomb that Gillingham set off just a few minutes prior.

On the continent they literally have hundreds of actual flares which could cause a fire and still no one's remotely bothered , yet here in happy clap land a spotty youth fires up a smoke bomb and we have jack the ripper in our midst.

Here is an idea, wind your neck in or maybe wind your neck out on a match day, and let the police or stewards do there job instead of playing Hercule Poirot

PS UTB

This.

Too many keyboard warriors, never see them front anyone directly. When someone posts "idiot two rows in front kept shouting abuse...", there's two people who look like idiots...

At the end of the day it really doesn't matter what you or I or Tommy2holes thinks or what happens on the continent.. Someone lets off a smoke bomb, the club can pay the price with fines.

This.

Oh here he goes, dropping in here, talking common sense :whistling:

Oh here he goes, dropping in here, talking common sense :whistling:

But he's not. They're not allowed, it's as simple as that. And if you are happy for the club to keep having to pay fines then maybe you and others who think they're ok would like to stump up the cash to carry on excusing the idiots who bring them in.

But he's not. They're not allowed, it's as simple as that. And if you are happy for the club to keep having to pay fines then maybe you and others who think they're ok would like to stump up the cash to carry on excusing the idiots who bring them in.

C'mon now Kay, put down the Pinot Noir, you've read it wrong. Neither I, or C, were advocating smoke bombs. Clearly C-Dogg wasn't saying smoke bombs are fine & cool. He was rinsing those people who moan about an action, (whether it be smoke bomb, or something else), yet don't do anything about it at the time, and save it for keyboard Crusading, on here. And He's absolutely bang on. Same thing I've said plenty of times.

You know I'm right :smile:

Last edited:
C'mon now Kay, put down the Pignot Noir, you've read it wrong. Neither I, or C, were advocating smoke bombs. Clearly C-Dogg wasn't saying smoke bombs are fine & cool. He was rinsing those people who moan about an action, (whether it be smoke bomb, or something else), yet don't do anything about it at the time, and save it for keyboard Crusading, on here. And He's absolutely bang on. Same thing I've said plenty of times.

You know I'm right :smile:

I'm gonna back OBL here:raspberry:, I'd love to say I'd confront someone who threw a smoke bomb, but my sensible head would probably say it's a bad idea, perhaps if I'd had too many beers though :punch:.

For what it's worth anyone who's actions leads to the club getting a fine is not a true fan IMO, especially if it's pre meditated, and if you take a smoke bomb in, it is.

It's highly likely that people who witness don't want the hassle of confrontation and if the stewards aren't doing their job then what confidence will they have that something will be done? The best way to report anything is to wait to the end and then talk to a steward on the way out and point out where you saw it. But I don't see why people talking on the internet can't complain, nothing wrong with that. There are people of all ages here and for those saying that the smoke bomb isn't a problem is wrong.

I'm gonna back OBL here:raspberry:,

Said nobody, ever :smile::whistling:

I'd love to say I'd confront someone who threw a smoke bomb, but my sensible head would probably say it's a bad idea, perhaps if I'd had too many beers though :punch:.

For what it's worth anyone who's actions leads to the club getting a fine is not a true fan IMO, especially if it's pre meditated, and if you take a smoke bomb in, it is.

It's highly likely that people who witness don't want the hassle of confrontation and if the stewards aren't doing their job then what confidence will they have that something will be done? The best way to report anything is to wait to the end and then talk to a steward on the way out and point out where you saw it. But I don't see why people talking on the internet can't complain, nothing wrong with that. There are people of all ages here and for those saying that the smoke bomb isn't a problem is wrong.

And all of that is cool. Nobody is saying if you see something bad happen, then you MUST go all-out Schwarzenegger.

AND, what was with the "Brown for England" and "Oxley Oxley make a save" chants during the Vale game.????:angry:

SUPPORT the team, air your views to your mates but don't harm any fragile confidence that might be left.

As the saying goes "if you can't take a joke..........."

The players need to Man Up, and some "supporters" need to have a re-think on what is good and positive and what is NOT funny or reasoned bantz.

Back