Likes Likes:  130
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: West Stand idiots

At Saturday’s game, I noticed an interaction between fans that I wanted to share, but didn’t. Either because it’d be too long, uninteresting or knowing my writing ability - wouldn’t make sense... But in light of this thread I thought, why not...

On my way to Roots Hall passing The Blue Boar you had Gillingham fans, not causing a problem as such, but being a nuisance. Perhaps making a joke as a Shrimper passed, obstructing their path, much of nothing and very pointless.

I got my ticket online Saturday and wasn’t sure if that meant anything different when collecting tickets. I went to the the north east corner as I usually would and as Bearded Shrimper had said. As I walked through the car park there were two groups of supports, one Gillingham, one Southend, and each accompanied with a disabled person. They stopped introduced themselves, the Southend fan in the wheelchair was insistent on shaking everybody's hand and then started a conversation. In passing I didn’t hear much of what was said but I walked away thinking what a great sight. The sign read ‘East Stand Tickets’ and thought it must be in the club shop as my ticket was in the west stand as Up The Shrimpers had said. So I walked back to the club shop and they were still talking. After queuing for a while I was told I was right all along and headed back towards to north east corner and yes, they were still talking. The guy ahead of me, his season ticket hadn’t arrived, and it too a while to organise a ticket for him for the day…

As I left the car park ticket in hand of course they were still there. But by walking backwards and forwards a few times I managed to get an idea of what they were talking about. They were sharing stories about grounds they liked, disliked and the general difficulties they have. You don't see that between other supporters...

Frankly, both sets of fans let off smoke bombs if I remember rightly and conducted themselves in a way which is deemed ‘acceptable’ at a game of football. It’s like there’s a difference between being a fan and a person.

Quote Originally Posted by MK Shrimper View Post
    I'd imagine they'd be the same. However I would have thought our Health & Safety regs are far stricter that countries like Poland or Italy, and quite righly so. Do we want another Bradford?
    I would imagine Sweden has some pretty strict Health & Safety regulations but they are still allowed to do this every week. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRDbdB9Z30A.

Retired Layabout Rootshallbloke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Up the Shrimpers View Post
    I would imagine Sweden has some pretty strict Health & Safety regulations but they are still allowed to do this every week. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRDbdB9Z30A.
    This seems to be a regular debate season on season. Regardless what any of us on here think, letting smoke bombs off at football in the UK can cost the club in financial penalties. There ya go!
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?

Smiffy's Best Man

Personally, I think this is a false flag operation by "someone" within the club. Whilst you're all talking about smoke bombs & atmospheres, no-one is mentioning new stadiums

Quote Originally Posted by southchurch View Post
    Ron has worked his socks off over many years and had many a sleepless night in his heroic attempt to keep this club afloat

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSideDoughnut View Post
    I got my ticket online Saturday and wasn’t sure if that meant anything different when collecting tickets. I went to the the north east corner as I usually would and as Bearded Shrimper had said. As I walked through the car park there were two groups of supports, one Gillingham, one Southend, and each accompanied with a disabled person. They stopped introduced themselves, the Southend fan in the wheelchair was insistent on shaking everybody's hand and then started a conversation. In passing I didn’t hear much of what was said but I walked away thinking what a great sight. The sign read ‘East Stand Tickets’ and thought it must be in the club shop as my ticket was in the west stand as Up The Shrimpers had said. So I walked back to the club shop and they were still talking. After queuing for a while I was told I was right all along and headed back towards to north east corner and yes, they were still talking. The guy ahead of me, his season ticket hadn’t arrived, and it too a while to organise a ticket for him for the day…

As I left the car park ticket in hand of course they were still there. But by walking backwards and forwards a few times I managed to get an idea of what they were talking about. They were sharing stories about grounds they liked, disliked and the general difficulties they have. You don't see that between other supporters...
    They were probably saying "Who's that doughnut* who keeps walking past"

Seriously, good story.

*seaside

If it carries on I think the club will consider shutting w block. Those with season tickets will have to find another seat. Would be a huge shame as the majority of singing comes from there but I would agree with the club if it meant we avoided fines.

Been mentioned before but perhaps those in w block should let the club know who it is?

Block W keeps the players going, unlike the boring moaning ba*tards in the East and South Upper

Shut W Block, and you effectively end any positive support for our players !! Yes, there are some in there that are causing problems, but it comes with the territory i'm afraid. Isn't it the job of the stewards and the in-ground CCTV (if they can be bothered to pay for it) to police it and take away those responsible ?...not fellow supporters.
    Previously known as SuperKings.

Yet again this argument rears its ugly head again. The usual thing happens:

W Block supporters get defensive and come out saying that the whole world won't revolve if it wasn't for them.

The fans who don't like W Block think that it should be disbanded because of the trouble.

W Block supporters then say that if they weren't allowed in there Roots Hall would be a library and the players would pretty much down tools.

Then people start banging about flares! They aren't flares it's smoke bombs.

Then we get some people who never post supporting w block saying everyone else is a ******.

Here's an idea guys, give the ****** signs a rest, stop trying to get at the away fans. And don't be a ****ing dicks keep bringing smoke bombs in because it's going to cost our club and it's only you guys that will suffer!

By all means get tanked up have a bit of 'bantz' with the away fans and sing up! It's all about being that 12th man and giving the team that extra boost because we bloody need it at the moment!

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/n...ls-fan-100401/

The majority of W Block is fine but the small minority that seem intent on ruining it for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
    http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/n...ls-fan-100401/

The majority of W Block is fine but the small minority that seem intent on ruining it for everyone else.
    What does a Gillingham fan being hit by a smoke bomb thrown by another Gillingham fan in the away end have to do with the W block?

Quote Originally Posted by Danshrimper View Post
    What does a Gillingham fan being hit by a smoke bomb thrown by another Gillingham fan in the away end have to do with the W block?
    It doesn't actually say who did it but even if it was a Gillingham fan it highlights an issue that getting them into the ground seems to be too easy.

My last line is just a general comment as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
    Yet again this argument rears its ugly head again. The usual thing happens:

W Block supporters get defensive and come out saying that the whole world won't revolve if it wasn't for them.

The fans who don't like W Block think that it should be disbanded because of the trouble.

W Block supporters then say that if they weren't allowed in there Roots Hall would be a library and the players would pretty much down tools.

Then people start banging about flares! They aren't flares it's smoke bombs.

Then we get some people who never post supporting w block saying everyone else is a ******.

Here's an idea guys, give the ****** signs a rest, stop trying to get at the away fans. And don't be a ****ing dicks keep bringing smoke bombs in because it's going to cost our club and it's only you guys that will suffer!

By all means get tanked up have a bit of 'bantz' with the away fans and sing up! It's all about being that 12th man and giving the team that extra boost because we bloody need it at the moment!

I think Ricey has this post pretty much spot on.

I really cant think of much more that can be added to that.

At this point, I would like to say i don't sit in the W block or with the TBV, but I really like the atmosphere they create, my ideal and normal seat is about middle within the V block, and I must admit the noise they create, is infectious & does have a knock on effect to the other following blocks.

Just an idea, (probably mentioned before?) Perhaps Give the TBV the X block (which would mean rebuilding a simple 5ft brick wall) giving them a slightly smaller allocation, but yet closer to the away fans, to drown out their noise.... After all, Y & Z rarely gets used anyway!.. and still leaves a plenty of segregation for the stewards / police.... Whilst opening up the W block to all others.
    I see no harm, after all... it still wont stop the complete retards letting off smoke bombs etc.. or running across the pitch to attack away fans... they would run from the South stand if they knew they could get away with it.
    Last edited by mattitouk; 09-08-2016 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Typo / edit

Emma Bunton's No. 1 stalker, Adam Barretts No. 1 fan. * ORM *'s Avatar
    Flying the flag for SUFC at Clearwater Bay, Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by Supa Shrimpa View Post
    Shut W Block, and you effectively end any positive support for our players !! Yes, there are some in there that are causing problems, but it comes with the territory i'm afraid. Isn't it the job of the stewards and the in-ground CCTV (if they can be bothered to pay for it) to police it and take away those responsible ?...not fellow supporters.
    Isn't it also the job of 'responsible' W Block members to self police and kick out the idiots? Oh no we can't do that can we? Let us goad the opposition and then scarper ******** our pants if someone decides to make an issue of things. Let us let of those 'harmless' smoke bombs. Oh god what have they done now? Thrown more stewards in and more police (at a cost to the club). That is disgraceful what have we done to deserve this treatment? Those awful stewards are 'responsible' for all of this. As long as we're enjoying ourselves screw the rest and let's not worry about the possibility of issues we are creating for the club.

And the ending the positive support comment is just laughable.
    An SUFC exile in Hong Kong since 1 Feb 2012 and a fan since 1973.

CO-FOUNDER SHRIMPERZONE F.C. and STILL playing league football in HK at the age of 51

Quote Originally Posted by bigSouthendFanDan View Post
    Block W keeps the players going, unlike the boring moaning ba*tards in the East and South Upper
    I would imagine a half decent salary and a 24 carat chat up line is what keeps most players going.
    Last edited by Mad Cyril; 09-08-2016 at 08:46 AM.
    Ponce.

Perfumed Ponce.