Likes Likes:  130
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: West Stand idiots

I gotta say I am considering moving. Some right wallies are sitting in there now. My pet hate is boys thinking there "lads" dressed in ****ing Hollister jackets and Nike Air Force ones that there mum purchased them....at least get yourself a nice jacket and a pair of decent trotters....its part of the culture.

I forgot to add....don't watch the whole game through snapchat on your phone. You are there you 24 carrot gold plonkers...

Come on lads you cannot discredit an entire block, the only block committed to turning roots hall into a fortress and not a library... Yea you can't condone smoke bombs but the comments on here are comedy gold!
    Twitter - @LennySUFC

Junior Blues Co-ordinator OldBlueLady's Avatar

Interestingly, that report in the Medway press says there were no searches and yet, it's been stated quite clearly elsewhere that Gillingham supporters WERE seen to be searched. The kid wasn't hit by a flare, it's a smoke cannister, same as what went off in our stand and they are very small and we don't search kids.

Of course, in the old days of the North Bank, we WOULD have self-policed but it's all about me, me, me and "my" rights now. I would still hope that some of the elder W blockers would see fit to let their feelings known to the idiots that persist in doing this.

Life President

Quote Originally Posted by OldBlueLady View Post
    Of course, in the old days of the North Bank, we WOULD have self-policed....
    Yep, in those days all you needed was a month's supply of bog rolls and you were sorted.

Did the trick and no harm done to anybody, unless it was those Jeyes tracing paper toilet sheets. Jeez, they could cause serious cuts to a man from 20 paces and no mistake!

Interestingly, that report in the Medway press says there were no searches and yet, it's been stated quite clearly elsewhere that Gillingham supporters WERE seen to be searched. The kid wasn't hit by a flare, it's a smoke cannister, same as what went off in our stand and they are very small and we don't search kids.

Of course, in the old days of the North Bank, we WOULD have self-policed but it's all about me, me, me and "my" rights now. I would still hope that some of the elder W blockers would see fit to let their feelings known to the idiots that persist in doing this.
    I did hear that a few years ago, a certain Southend legend who stands at the back of the West. ed someone gobbing off at a young girl working in the burger bar.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyT View Post
    Yep, in those days all you needed was a month's supply of bog rolls and you were sorted.

Did the trick and no harm done to anybody, unless it was those Jeyes tracing paper toilet sheets. Jeez, they could cause serious cuts to a man from 20 paces and no mistake!
    The fashionable thing to do back in the day was to nick them out of the British Rail train toilets on the way to the game. Many a man has had a very uncomfortable journey home because of that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LennySUFC View Post
    Come on lads you cannot discredit an entire block, the only block committed to turning roots hall into a fortress and not a library... Yea you can't condone smoke bombs but the comments on here are comedy gold!
    Shut up you thug YOOOOOOF

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonNo1 View Post
    I told the steward who the lad was who done it, then watched as that same lad enjoyed the rest of the game from another part of the block. They didn't do nothing.
    I find this incredibly annoying. I stand direct behind you 3 or 4 rows back and saw the steward talking to you. I always have had the impression (rightly or wrongly) that that particular steward doesn't take any crap, so I am amazed and disappointed that they didn't throw the kid out . Even if the club does something retrospectfully it will 'appear' that nothing has been done. If I had seen who had done it like you I would have pinpointed him to the stewards, there is no defence for their behaviour. The only thing I would add is that I had always assumed that if a smoke bomb was set off within 12 feet of me I would be able to tell who had done it - which wasn't the case

Shut the W block and the problems will disappear. On the other hand throw some proper flares around sounds like a right laugh.

Indeed, it was even announced after about the arrest

Manager

What ever happened to making your ground atmosphere as uncomfortable and intimidating for the away team as possible, thereby giving your own team an advantage. 12th man an all that etc..............They seem to do it so much better now in every other country bar ours. All down to the useless nannny state we live in. !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bolton Shrimper View Post
    What ever happened to making your ground atmosphere as uncomfortable and intimidating for the away team as possible, thereby giving your own team an advantage. 12th man an all that etc..............They seem to do it so much better now in every other country bar ours. All down to the useless nannny state we live in. !!!
    And letting a smoke bomb off makes the opposition uncomfortable and intimidated how exactly?

I was certainly made to feel uncomfortable when walking to the stadium surrounded by gills fans poking me calling me a ****.....

There's idiots from all teams guys just need the proper security in place to deal with them (and not be an idiot like myself getting caught up in a big boozy group of football supporters!)

Apparently according to the Southend Evening Echo report it sounds like the Gillingham fan was arrested first for being drunk and then they found the smoke bomb on him. It can be a custodial sentence for trying to get a smoke bomb into a football ground.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/1467...nited_stadium/