• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ricky Otto

President⭐
This might have to go in the general football forum but I thought it was relevant to Southend United as we do like a moan on here and social media.

Stan Collymore has brought attention to Charlton and their stance on fans bad mouthing the club on social media. It is alleged that CAFC are asking season ticket holders to sign a declaration on collection of their ticket promising not to bad mouth the club on social media! Had to check it wasn't april 1st! How would that go down with our fans??

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...ter_uk_57ada4cde4b01ec53b3f2392?utm_hp_ref=uk

I think this just goes to show what a state Charlton Athletic football Club really are in! there owners have no interest in the fans or long term future of the club they have no loyalty and with this, basically you can have an opinion but how dare you voice it on a platform that others may read it! I think this is a disgrace from the club to be completely honest. lets face it we are all guilty of a little bit of Ron or Brown bashing when going through a bad patch, if they applied this to everyone there would be no football fans left in grounds because if I had received this letter from SUFC I would of told them to shove there season ticket up there arse!

Saw that earlier on facebook from a Charlton supporting cousin.

If its real its ridiculous.

Charlton have since responded. These weren't sent out to everyone, rather to one specific fan who, they claim, has been particularly vitriolic towards the club.

More here

Depends on what the abuse was. If I was to post 50 messages a day on twitter saying Southend suck then thats my right, but if you are being directly abusive to staff etc then thats different.

Depends on what the abuse was. If I was to post 50 messages a day on twitter saying Southend suck then thats my right, but if you are being directly abusive to staff etc then thats different.
I agree with the issue of abuse, not needed...

However can I get a letter signed from the club, that they won't abuse my eyesight when they serve up continuous rounds of crap football with zero entertainment? Maybe I should sue them under the trade description act as they offer up week after week of so called "entertainment " that fails to deliver?

As I pay to be entertained and they let me down?.

and yes , I am be sarcastic....

Should not be abusive to anyone, it's hard sometimes, but it is not the thing to do

I have some sympathy with CAFC.

Abuse levels some times are totally OTT. If anyone can recall the Statler and Waldorf clones that used to sit towards the front centre of South Upper from two/three years back then folk like that in my view wouldn't even be given chance to buy a ticket.

i believe it's since transpired it was sent to at least 6 people. Totally OTT from Charlton and indicative of a hierarchy totally out of touch with its supporters.

What makes it worse is that they are doing so many good things, for instance, their retro programmes, which I've just seen today, and their many good initiatives aimed at fans - remember the couch in the ground? Their J4J ( very familiar type of name!) soccer schools are great and very well advertised and supported with plenty of player appearances.

Feel so sorry for those who genuinely have Charlton AFC at heart.

i believe it's since transpired it was sent to at least 6 people. Totally OTT from Charlton and indicative of a hierarchy totally out of touch with its supporters.

What makes it worse is that they are doing so many good things, for instance, their retro programmes, which I've just seen today, and their many good initiatives aimed at fans - remember the couch in the ground? Their J4J ( very familiar type of name!) soccer schools are great and very well advertised and supported with plenty of player appearances.

Feel so sorry for those who genuinely have Charlton AFC at heart.

Surely a lot of those genuine fans will be glad to silence 6 constant whingers.

I know several Shrimpers who gave up their season ticket because of the poor atmosphere at RH

By the way Charlton fans have my award for the most delusional. They finished 7th in PL and said "Alan Curbishly has taken us as far as he can"......They were so right.

Surely a lot of those genuine fans will be glad to silence 6 constant whingers.

I know several Shrimpers who gave up their season ticket because of the poor atmosphere at RH

By the way Charlton fans have my award for the most delusional. They finished 7th in PL and said "Alan Curbishly has taken us as far as he can"......They were so right.

The situation is totally different at Charlton. Seriously, would we tolerate being told what we can and can't post on social media in exchange for being able to sign up for a season card? Not sure I could.

The situation is totally different at Charlton. Seriously, would we tolerate being told what we can and can't post on social media in exchange for being able to sign up for a season card? Not sure I could.

Yes but you yourself have said that it was only aimed at 6 fans. So it won't effect the other 5000?

Back