• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Phil Brown be sacked?

• Yes - sack him

Votes: 165 55.6%
  • No - he deserves more time

Votes: 132 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting stats, particularly the crash and huge loss the year after being in The Championship, wiping out the profit from the promotion year and some!

If he is saying that, then he is talking out of his backside.

He is doing both but he never answers questions - just dodges on to another thread to talk down to everyone and tell everyone that everything is someone other than Phil's fault.

You work it out. Under PB our highest wage in L2 was £1500 per week.

Back in those wonderful days of 2004, not only could we afford to buy Freddy we could actually pay his wages.

Freddy came from Grays.

We had £1.7m in wages and salaries in 2004 but this includes all 79 staff members, even directors and non-playing staff. To get a fair playing figure divide it by the total, 79 and times by 46 player on the books. That gives us £990k spent.

Worth remembering the figures include non playing staff. Phil Brown almost certainly has a bigger budget as I remember a few years ago either Ron Martin or Steve Kavanagh mentioning that we had a £1.3m wage budget.

Has anyone ever seen Riggers and Horton in the same room at the same time.

Just saying like.

As far as I'm aware, Tilson's playing wage budget in his L2 playoff season was similar to Brown's in his L2 playoff season, if not a little lower - £1m or so. But it was quite a bit lower in the 05/06 L1 title season - £1.4m I think I heard -than it is now. Playing wage budget hit a "high" of £2.5m in 06/07 Championship season, lowest in the division by quite a distance - next highest was Colchester at £4m.

As someone has mentioned, Brown has been allowed to assemble a very large and expensive backroom team too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread seems to be the best place to park this.

FWIW, I can see why many (55% on this poll) see PB as not being the future.

I'm a supporter of him, on the basis that we are in an improved position since he took over and that we were in this position last season. We didn't win a game until September, so actually it's an improvement at the moment.

However, I do feel he now has a frustrated mindset and this can't be good, going into each match.

I think he can galvanise the squad and turn things around, but one thing I would wish for is that we just picked a system and stuck to it for a few months, until the players were familiar with it and we can work through as a team.

On Saturday, we changed the system after not losing the previous two games.

There's way too much tinkering and trying to come up with the perfect formula with a squad of imperfections.

Then it's a case of chasing the rainbow of some star player to get us out of it all.

I do believe we have good enough players to stay in this division, but unless we get some cohesion, as soon as we leak a goal the confidence appears to drain from the players, from what I understand.

We are not a bad side, but everyone does need to know their roles and be allowed to stick with them for a few months.

I'll be interested to see how we approach tonight's game, but I just hope it's the first of a run of consistent selections and a plan to move forward.

We can talk about Tilly v PB on budgets and so on, but the fact is that Tilly played 4-4-2 week in/week out and PB changes things around far too often. Trying to be too clever, at times.

Brown Out !!

Surely no one can any longer be holding onto hopes that Brown can turn this disaster around. Its been going for months and months. One win in who:sad: knows how many games, with defeat just follows defeat. The man has been given enough time and money to sort things out but failed dismally.

Now though hopefully Ron will lend him a laptop and a printer so that the letter Brown should have written last year at long, long last, gets written !

If Ron still remains loyal to him then it becomes our job to send him back up the A1. We have a simple choice before us, sleepwalk into relegation, or do something about it. I know what path I will be following next home game !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back