• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Places you have visited

steveo

mine to stay the same please
Was in Jersey last week, and although I've swerved it on previous visits, I thought I would take a trip to the Nigel Mansell museum.

Tenner to get in, wasn't expecting too much really, but spent a couple of hours there and was very impressed. I always had this bloke down as just another race driver, but after reading his book, and seeing all the stuff in the museum I've changed my view to really top top bloke.

He has an F1 Ferrari in there, and a Williams and a whole load of trophies and awards and honours accumulated over his career. Reading his book, he was basically **** on by Williams after winning the world championship - they withdrew their contract offer as they were sending most of their driver budget to Alain Prost - which encouraged him to cross the Atlantic and drive indycars - wining the championship in his first season, which is an incredible achievement. Rather ironically he had to have rookie stripes on his car so everyone new it was his first season there.

If you're there, it's definitely worth a visit regardless of being an F1 fan - even my missus enjoyed it.

Was in Jersey last week, and although I've swerved it on previous visits, I thought I would take a trip to the Nigel Mansell museum.

Tenner to get in, wasn't expecting too much really, but spent a couple of hours there and was very impressed. I always had this bloke down as just another race driver, but after reading his book, and seeing all the stuff in the museum I've changed my view to really top top bloke.

He has an F1 Ferrari in there, and a Williams and a whole load of trophies and awards and honours accumulated over his career. Reading his book, he was basically **** on by Williams after winning the world championship - they withdrew their contract offer as they were sending most of their driver budget to Alain Prost - which encouraged him to cross the Atlantic and drive indycars - wining the championship in his first season, which is an incredible achievement. Rather ironically he had to have rookie stripes on his car so everyone new it was his first season there.

If you're there, it's definitely worth a visit regardless of being an F1 fan - even my missus enjoyed it.
I'm off to Jersey for 5 days this Saturday and I'm planning to split from the family for an hour or 2 at some point to see the Mansell Collection.

Reminds me of the National War Museum in Malta. Wasn't expecting much, but saw their George Cross and a jeep used by Eisenhower and Roosevelt.

Some places in Lisbon, Estoril and Cacais next week. :smile:

Get yourself down to Bélem. The Tower, and also the Mosteiro dos Jerónimos, are both well worth a visit.

EDIT - or indeed just for a general stroll. Big monument to Columbus, huge tiled map of the world on the ground, right by the sea, all good.

Short tram ride from the centre of Lisbon.

Last edited:
I'm off to Jersey for 5 days this Saturday and I'm planning to split from the family for an hour or 2 at some point to see the Mansell Collection.

Have you been before? In case you haven't, the day bus ticket is worth getting a the bus service is great and for anyone who doesn't know, the bus stops are painted on the road with a 4 digit number. Text the number to Jersey Bus and you get a text back with the next 3 buses due. Very handy if you are in a pub deciding whether to have another pint or not.

Have you been before? In case you haven't, the day bus ticket is worth getting a the bus service is great and for anyone who doesn't know, the bus stops are painted on the road with a 4 digit number. Text the number to Jersey Bus and you get a text back with the next 3 buses due. Very handy if you are in a pub deciding whether to have another pint or not.
Been once, just for 24 hours to play a gig in Gorey Castle! Was planning to not bother hiring a car and use buses for the whole visit, so thanks for that great bit of info!

Currently in Banff, Canada. One of the most stunning and beautiful places on earth.

Banff-Avenue-%E2%80%93-the-Heart-of-the-Beautiful-Town-in-Canada1.jpg

[QUOTis the best and biggest roundcabout I have ever seen.=Pubey;1886863]Currently in Banff, Canada. One of the most stunning and beautiful places on earth.

Banff-Avenue-%E2%80%93-the-Heart-of-the-Beautiful-Town-in-Canada1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That Is the best and biggest roundabout i have ever seen.

Yes this is a good system - similar in Guernsey

St. Augustines in Florida. Oldest city in the USA, founded by the Spanish in the 1500's. Absolutely wonderful, would emigrate there tomorrow, if I had the opportunity.

Back