• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
I'm hoping we have some kind of excel expert on here that can help me out.

Let's assume I have about 500 cars all that need radios installed. I know the dates the installs will happen (because this has been planned well in advance) and have a column in my data that creates the "week beginning" date from the install date. The actual installs will happen from now to some time in 2018. Obviously all cars have a reg number that is unique.

What I would like to show is the actual reg numbers per week. I don't want the totals to be installed during the week, I want to show the actual reg numbers, almost like a set of milestones on a project plan. To make it more difficult I also want to be able to show the four different makes of car separately in swim lanes, although I could frig this bit by putting four different "graphs" next to each-other.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Create a column which gives each week a week number (1,...,52 for a year) using weeknum()

Then just sort your table by week number so you can look down and see the reg's for each week?

Or you could do a pivot table which would enable you show by week and also by model type. I'm not really a wizz with Pivot Tables but 99% sure it'd be possible.

Create a column which gives each week a week number (1,...,52 for a year) using weeknum()

Then just sort your table by week number so you can look down and see the reg's for each week?

Or you could do a pivot table which would enable you show by week and also by model type. I'm not really a wizz with Pivot Tables but 99% sure it'd be possible.

This needs to be shown graphically so even if a pivot table might give you the right data, it won't be in the right format. As it happens I haven't found a way to show this is pivot table either: when I bring the reg number into the values it tries to either sum or count the values which isn't what I want.

This should be really simple, but so far I've wasted almost my whole day on it.

This needs to be shown graphically so even if a pivot table might give you the right data, it won't be in the right format. As it happens I haven't found a way to show this is pivot table either: when I bring the reg number into the values it tries to either sum or count the values which isn't what I want.

This should be really simple, but so far I've wasted almost my whole day on it.
Put the reg numbers in the row section of the pivot table along with the week number . don't put anything in "values"

Field settings so that in Layout and print the first box is unchecked

That should give you the data you want

Put the reg numbers in the row section of the pivot table along with the week number . don't put anything in "values"

That should give you the data you want

Thanks. That's looking a bit better, but I'm not sure what you mean by:

This is the dialog box as I currently have it for the reg number:

box.JPG

images

It'll be in here somewhere:smiles:

Back