• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I simply cannot believe our so-called supporters sometimes. My suggestion is don't protest just keep away and leave those who can give positive support to the manager and players to do so.

5 games in and you want to hold demos and protest? Really?

Once the window is shut and we have a 2-3 more in, when we have Ranger, Tims and Wordsworth back, then I think performances will pick up and we will have a good season. Of course this is the fear really I guess and why there is a desperation for the protest now? Because the opportunity will be fleeting..

With supporters like ours we don't need an away end do we.. appalling..

Don't forget last season all those games after Christmas,this is not about five games this season as most know,facts don't lie.

Don't forget last season all those games after Christmas,this is not about five games this season as most know,facts don't lie.

Another fact that people should take into account. Having faith in managers reaps rewards. Yesterday Birmingham City won a home match for the first time since March. Sound familiar?

Rowett was given time and patience by Birmingham. Many of you would have had Brown dismissed before we win again at home.

Be patient guys....

Last edited:
I simply cannot believe our so-called supporters sometimes. My suggestion is don't protest just keep away and leave those who can give positive support to the manager and players to do so.

5 games in and you want to hold demos and protest? Really?

Once the window is shut and we have a 2-3 more in, when we have Ranger, Tims and Wordsworth back, then I think performances will pick up and we will have a good season. Of course this is the fear really I guess and why there is a desperation for the protest now? Because the opportunity will be fleeting..

With supporters like ours we don't need an away end do we.. appalling..

Fans have as much right to be there, as you do. They can protest in the stands and chant if they wish.

And its not 5 games, why is everyone forgetting last season? And I have zero faith, we will sign any better then the rubbish we have now.

This is what really worries me, the number of players that we have out of contract this year. Some of these are/have been key players. Who, of these, are really going to be at all interested in discussing any contract extensions as things stand?

GK:
Ted Smith - 2018
Mark Oxley - 2018

DEF:
Ben Coker - 2018 (option 2019)
Jason Demetrious - 2018
Adam Thompson - 2017
Adam Barrett - 2017
Luke O'Neill - 2017
John White - 2017
Anton Ferdinand - 2017
Jakub Sokolik - 2016 (31st Dec, with view to a longer deal)
Harry Kyprianou - 2017
Jordan Williams - 2017
Dan Matsuzaka - 2017

MID:
Ryan Leonard - 2017
Michael Timlin - 2017 (option 2018)
Anthony Wordsworth - 2017
Will Atkinson - 2017
Stephen McLaughlin - 2018
Jermaine McGlashan - 2018 (option 2019)
Jack Bridge - 2018
Adam King - on loan till June 2017
Nico Cotton - 2017
Rene Batlokwa - 2017
Joe Bedford - 2017

FWD
Simon Cox - 2018
David Mooney - 2017
Jason Williams - 2017
Nile Ranger - 2017 (option 2018)

Is there really any point in having a protest? Ron is no fool and when the numbers through the gates drop (which they are already) and having to sit through the same drivel as the rest of us he will only take so much, I think he will give him another 4-5 games, but if things have not improved then I think Mr Brown will be applying for a tax rebate and The Echo will be carrying an extra vacancy ad.

Is there really any point in having a protest? Ron is no fool and when the numbers through the gates drop (which they are already) and having to sit through the same drivel as the rest of us he will only take so much, I think he will give him another 4-5 games, but if things have not improved then I think Mr Brown will be applying for a tax rebate and The Echo will be carrying an extra vacancy ad.

So, with the games already played plus the 4/5 you suggest, the magical ten games will have taken place whereby judgement will then be passed. Almost biblical.

So, with the games already played plus the 4/5 you suggest, the magical ten games will have taken place whereby judgement will then be passed. Almost biblical.

Thats how long I think Ron will give him, thats not saying how long I would.

Ron and Phil were not in Starbucks in Southend for there Sunday coffee and chat .

Stop acting like God and more like a Mod,its his opinion sweety.

Which is exactly why I was agreeing with him. Thanks for the feedback though, always welcome from you honeybun.:smiles:

Well a protest has limited appeal to me. Sorry but I find them negative. If only ten fans protest it is an embarrassment. If a hundred protest it will raise little more than an eyebrow. If five hundred protest it is fairly newsworthy (certainly more so than the sensationalist article the Echo will write for ten protesters). If five thousand protest, a bit like the solidarity shown to the steel workers, then why waste it on negativity? If you can get enough people committing to a common cause, then why not organise them positively and get them to do something in unison, during a match, that shows total support to the players? It wont get PB chopped but then I doubt any action we take will, but it might gee the players up and make them want to play again. Just a thought.

Well a protest has limited appeal to me. Sorry but I find them negative. If only ten fans protest it is an embarrassment. If a hundred protest it will raise little more than an eyebrow. If five hundred protest it is fairly newsworthy (certainly more so than the sensationalist article the Echo will write for ten protesters). If five thousand protest, a bit like the solidarity shown to the steel workers, then why waste it on negativity? If you can get enough people committing to a common cause, then why not organise them positively and get them to do something in unison, during a match, that shows total support to the players? It wont get PB chopped but then I doubt any action we take will, but it might gee the players up and make them want to play again. Just a thought.

Absolutely this.

Fans have as much right to be there, as you do. They can protest in the stands and chant if they wish.

And its not 5 games, why is everyone forgetting last season? And I have zero faith, we will sign any better then the rubbish we have now.

Perhaps we should make room for them in the away end- then everyone will be happy..

You said negative, and thats the same.

We played 2 wingers today and King, leaving us only one defensive midfielder (and I dont think Leonard is particularly good at being one).

Thats not negative.

But yes it is **** :)

Are they though?

Look at our midfield today

McLaughlin King Leonard ONeill.

Is that really a midfield that inspires anyone to believe we should be doing well?In front of them is Bridge who may well grow into a player but is still a kid.

I do think they could be doing better in things like pressing etc but I just dont see them being good enough.

The defence, actually doesnt look too bad on paper, but with such a weak midfield in front of it doesnt stand much of a chance.

The fact that is our midfield is plenty to criticise for though.
Replace King and O'neill with any 2 from Wordsworth, Timlin or Atkinson, Ferdinand in for Barrett plus a Ranger and Cox partnership up front and things should be vastly different. That's 4 changes needed that can't be made yet due to injuries. Judge PB when we can field our strongest team and we are a dozen or so games in.

I don't think we will be seeing the departure of Mr Brown any time soon.

I have a feeling that he has made a financial investment in the club and Ron can't afford to buy him out of it. That can be the only reason - otherwise Ron would have got shot of him at the end of last season.

My only hope is that maybe he will move upstairs - Director of Football - or some other non existent role to save a bit of face at which point some new blood can be brought in.

"Numbers through the gates have already dropped"..... I have to smile.. :-)

Did you really expect an increase on our home attendance against a team that brings less than 100 themselves on a bank holiday weekend??? A period when many would be away.....

Back