• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As for the Brighton match, I'd revert to 4-4-2, give Ted a start along with Ferdinand, McGlashen, Atkinson. I'm hoping for a new striker before the game but if not I'd go with Williams, I'm doubtful over his ability but if we're going to give him a start this is the game to do it, Cox probably needs a rest after his lone striker ordeal yesterday.

Smith

Demetriou
Thompson
Ferdinand
Coker

McGlashen
Leonard
Atkinson
Bridge

Mooney
New signing/Williams
I was agreeing with you right up until you mentioned Atkinson... Then you let yourself down with that and Willian's ....

This game should have been free to season card holders to actually get a gate in.

I don't recall having "booed" a Southend player before (or after) he's got on the pitch in 50 plus years, so no nerve touched.

Possibly some of those booing "before he'd fully stepped on the pitch" were booing the manager's substitution rather than the players and, god knows, he's made enough hapless substitutions in his time here.

Mooney ended up being MotM, so clearly the people booing were wrong if they thought it wasn't a positive change.

I was agreeing with you right up until you mentioned Atkinson... Then you let yourself down with that and Willian's ....

I'd take Atkinson over O'Neill or King any day, maybe Bridge edges it over him but until Timlin and Wordsworth get fit I think Atkinson is probably one of the better CMs we have.

I don't recall having "booed" a Southend player before (or after) he's got on the pitch in 50 plus years, so no nerve touched.

Possibly some of those booing "before he'd fully stepped on the pitch" were booing the manager's substitution rather than the players and, god knows, he's made enough hapless substitutions in his time here.

Mooney ended up being MotM, so clearly the people booing were wrong if they thought it wasn't a positive change.

So the "booing" worked ! :winking:

For what it's worth I think Williams is crap, I'm hoping given a chance to prove himself from the start he might prove me wrong (hugely doubtful) if not at least it might stop the calls from some for him to play more often, and I'm hoping for two new strikers before the deadline.

As for Atkinson, yes he's limited and plays too much 'crab' football, but he's still got to be a better bet than King, who was frankly embarrassing yesterday. Who would you play? If Timlin and Wordsworth were fit Atkinson wouldn't be getting a look in but sadly they're not.

Smith

White Sokolik Ferdinand Coker

Demetriou Leonard Atkinson McLaughlin

Cox Robinson*

( *who will have signed by ko)​

For what it's worth I think Williams is crap, I'm hoping given a chance to prove himself from the start he might prove me wrong (hugely doubtful) if not at least it might stop the calls from some for him to play more often, and I'm hoping for two new strikers before the deadline.

As for Atkinson, yes he's limited and plays too much 'crab' football, but he's still got to be a better bet than King, who was frankly embarrassing yesterday. Who would you play? If Timlin and Wordsworth were fit Atkinson wouldn't be getting a look in but sadly they're not.

We play crab football without Atkinson playing.How many times do we keep going across the back four before the ball goes forward .We never attack quick ,too slow and predictable!:thumbdown:

We play crab football without Atkinson playing.How many times do we keep going across the back four before the ball goes forward .We never attack quick ,too slow and predictable!:thumbdown:

I agree the crab bit, but what Atkinson does do is to chase and harry the opposition for 90 minutes, something that was missing Saturday by all accounts.

If we're going to play "crab football" (that was crab, wasn't it?) Atkinson must play; no-one plays it better.

I agree the crab bit, but what Atkinson does do is to chase and harry the opposition for 90 minutes, something that was missing Saturday by all accounts.

Abso bloody exactly. We had nothing like that yesterday.

Oh and won't be attending this game as it is not a first-team fixture and I feel by doing so I would be legitimising B teams.

I will probably wonder why we bothered, but two seats in the East for a tenner is what it has cost me to watch this game. Mrs RHB is underwhelmed that we are going.

Still undecided as to whether we're going. We've got stuff to do in the Shrimpers during the day, so might stay up there, really don't know, but haven't bought tickets as yet.

Back