• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Did we come back from 2-0 at Notts County c1995?

I think Bressington was sent off and Ooh Andy Ansah equalised but details are vague.

We did, indeed, with the equalizer being a dreadful back-pass in the last minute, that resulted in us scoring.

My brain is a little foggy, but we may well have been down to 9 men by then.

When we trail 2 0 under Phil it makes grim reading.

Played...18...won 0 ....drawn 1....lost 17....gf 5...ga 46

One of our five goals was an og.

And what does this tell us? That's about as pointless as last Saturday.

I'd be concentrating far more on the fact that we've lost by at least two goals in six out of our last ten matches.

And what does this tell us? That's about as pointless as last Saturday.

I'd be concentrating far more on the fact that we've lost by at least two goals in six out of our last ten matches.

What it tells me is when we go 2 down Phil's team hasnt got the drive fighting spirt (tactical ineptitude) to even get back into the game...14 of those 18 games they failed to score.

Stats wise they are truly shocking figures.

What it tells me is when we go 2 down Phil's team hasnt got the drive fighting spirt (tactical ineptitude) to even get back into the game...14 of those 18 games they failed to score.

What's your control sample?

How many times did Webby or Tilly's teams come back from 2-0 down?

The issue with Brown is that we find ourselves trailing by 2 goals in the first place.

You're talking as much sense as Brown press conference.

We did, indeed, with the equalizer being a dreadful back-pass in the last minute, that resulted in us scoring.

My brain is a little foggy, but we may well have been down to 9 men by then.

11th February 1995 was the match.

Our equalizer was scored by Roger Willis. Andy Edwards got the other goal.

Can't find any more info on the match itself, sadly.

So how many teams have we lost to having been 2 goals up. Can't think of many...Swindon away.

Shame we don't score that many goals because most teams who score 2 or more goals in a game do rather well. Name the lower league club who have scored 2 or more on 36 occasions since the start of 14/15 and only lost twice.

So how many teams have we lost to having been 2 goals up. Can't think of many...Swindon away.

In fairness not many.

However Luggy was sacked and here is his 2 0 down results that season

Played 10 won 0 drawn 3 lost 7 gf 7 ga 23

Phil's last 10 when 2 down

Played 10 won 0 drawn 0 lost 10 gf 0 ga 28

11th February 1995 was the match.

Our equalizer was scored by Roger Willis. Andy Edwards got the other goal.

Can't find any more info on the match itself, sadly.

Seems like we weren't 2-0 down. Apologies for leading you down a cul-de-sac.

http://carousel.royalwebhosting.net/utm/1994-95.html

Notts County 2
Legg 15
Matthews 76

Southend United 2
Edwards 33
Willis 90

Attendance :- 6,768
Referee:- S. Mathieson (Stockport)
Bookings:- Southend - Hone (26)

Notts County
Colours:- Black & white striped shirts, White shorts, Black socks
League Position:- before match 24th/24, after weekend matches 24th/24
Manager:- Howard Kendall

1. Jason Kearton
2. Gary Mills
3. Andy Legg
4. Phil Turner
5. Shaun Murphy
6. Graeme Hogg
7. Paul Devlin
8. Rob Matthews
9. Tony Agana
10. Steve Nicol *
11. Michael Johnson +

Sub: Michael Simpson *27
Sub: Gary Lund +64
Subs not used: Paul Reece (GK)

Southend United
Colours:- ?All Blue with red & yellow trimmings?
League Position:- before match 15th/24, after weekend matches 15th/24
Manager:- Peter Taylor

1. Paul Sansome
2. Mark Hone
3. Graham Bressington Sent Off 37
4. Phil Gridelet Sent Off 28
5. Andy Edwards
6. Keith Dublin
7. Roger Willis
8. Steve Harkness
9. Andy Thomson *
10. Andy Ansah
11. Julian Hails +

Sub: Shane Westley *82
Sub: Declan Perkins +82
Subs not used: Simon Royce (GK)

Notes:
A comical afternoon at Meadow Lane, Andy Legg's reaction to 9 man Southend's last minute equaliser was hilarious in retrospect - doubling-up in a combination of anger, agony & frustration at his keeper, but it was certainly not funny at the time. County were playing against 9 men for more than half of the match, yet they still had to settle for a point. Gridelet had seen red for violent conduct just before the half-hour mark with Notts 1-0 up, Bressington soon followed him for the early bath 9 minutes later for a 2nd bookable offence, but Southend had already levelled at 1-1. Notts were utterly hopeless in the 2nd half but a goal eventually came courtesy of Rob Matthews on 76, County then squandered two open goals before the shocking 90th minute equaliser - Hogg passed back to goalkeeper Jason Kearton who had time to clear the ball properly but dithered and ended up trying to give it back to Hogg, it was easily intercepted and Willis accepted the gift to score. It has to be the biggest debacle of a performance I've ever seen from Notts. The situation down at the bottom of the league had looked hopeless virtually all season, but you really did feel that there was no way back from this.

We seem to veering away from Cobblers to games where we were 2-0 down so can I throw in an away game at the old Rotherham ground - no not the current one or when they were at the athletics track but the one before.

I am guessing mid 90s - I think we were down to 10 men and 2 nil down and came back to draw 2-2.

Otherwise a game at Scunny about 3 seasons ago saw us come from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 - goals from White and absolute screamer from a player called Egan .............. and perhaps the last Eastwood performance where he had the ball stuck to his feet like velcro. :thumbsup:

We seem to veering away from Cobblers to games where we were 2-0 down so can I throw in an away game at the old Rotherham ground - no not the current one or when they were at the athletics track but the one before.

I am guessing mid 90s - I think we were down to 10 men and 2 nil down and came back to draw 2-2.

Otherwise a game at Scunny about 3 seasons ago saw us come from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 - goals from White and absolute screamer from a player called Egan .............. and perhaps the last Eastwood performance where he had the ball stuck to his feet like velcro. :thumbsup:

Great shout. 1998-99 season. Kevin Rapley scored both after Neil Campbell sent off.

Don't think anyone was sent off in that Scunny game though.

Seems just like yesterday.

Of course there aren't many times we throw away two goal leads - we are rarely 2 goals up.

It took about three seasons before we scored more than two at home in the league under your mate.

Seems just like yesterday.

Of course there aren't many times we throw away two goal leads - we are rarely 2 goals up.

It took about three seasons before we scored more than two at home in the league under your mate.
didnt we throw away a 2.0 lead under luggy in the last three mins. A draw would have seen us promoted ( although we didn't know that then obviously)

didnt we throw away a 2.0 lead under luggy in the last three mins. A draw would have seen us promoted ( although we didn't know that then obviously)

Plymouth at Home Park.

My memory tells me we were 2-0 up after 86 minutes.

Rochdale at home last season also springs to mind................

Bump....Some interesting reading after one of the seasons lowest points.

And we play Cobblers next ............. and head to Peterborough there after.

Anyone remember a league cup game against Posh where they wouldn't let us have the ball and we lost 5-0 I think. Interesting (or perhaps not :winking:) to reflect on the changes we have seen over more than just this season.

Back