• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leonard second youngest to reach 200 games as Blues host Oxford

yes you are all collect I meant to say UEFA.... and this is correct what I have stated, and your point? You have deflected away from the fact your hero is very poor at the way he tackles, and does it the completely incorrect way.

UEFA B if probably a lot more than some of the coaches we have had at the club...

I have to disagree, however if you make a tackle get the ball and it's fair who cares?

Same as a goal, nobody cares how it goes in?

You are correct, but you a lot more chance of injuring yourself, standing on top of the ball, it's never as clean.
Is that why he has never picked up an injury while making a tackle?

Here is the exact wording, the same as FIFA will coach you. You now understand the wrong leg, watch Leonard, then comment on this post.

• Be decisive and committed.
  • Tackle using the leg furthest from the ball and keep it slightly bent.
  • Tuck the leg nearest the ball underneath the backside and ideally slide on the outer thigh.
  • Kick through the ball, or get the ball on the shoelaces (instep) and swing the leg around in a wide sweep to ‘hook’ or trap the ball with the foot.
  • Meet the ball solidly and make contact with the centre to top half of the ball so it doesn’t roll over the foot.

Quick get yourself up to Wembley, the FA are going to be looking for a new England manager very soon...

This is pure gold this thread ....

Now big Sams is under threat, maybe Ironside or whatever his name is could apply...

I've read some cracking stuff before, but this is turning into one of the greatest threads ever....

Suppose if we rate Lenny, which majority of people do, then Ironmonger probably thinks I'm wearing Lenny Tinted glasses as well, question begs just how many tinted glasses I apparently wear.

This is pure gold this thread ....

Now big Sams is under threat, maybe Ironside or whatever his name is could apply...

I've read some cracking stuff before, but this is turning into one of the greatest threads ever....

Suppose if we rate Lenny, which majority of people do, then Ironmonger probably thinks I'm wearing Lenny Tinted glasses as well, question begs just how many tinted glasses I apparently wear.

I don't know how many? Location Leigh, username TTS.... (I take it you drive a TTS) I trying to build a picture of the glasses now.. now if it was TTRS that would be easy.

I can't believe that it's written down how to tackle someone? Is it not just watching someone else do it and then a bit of instinct?

Those instructions sound like the player with the ball will just say, "here you are my good man, I will just stand here to make sure you slide on your thigh and contact the ball in the correct place with you sweeping motion leg movement". PMSL.......:raspberry::smile::smile:

I don't know how many? Location Leigh, username TTS.... (I take it you drive a TTS) I trying to build a picture of the glasses now.. now if it was TTRS that would be easy.

Oi oi IronBru ... Lenny maybe should have taken a touch first yeah ?

Liking the "tap in" banter from Leonard on Twitter:

Well last night was pretty memorable.. Fans were different gear!! 200 games, a tap in and 3 massive points #shrimpers

Which foot you go with depends on a number of factors - it doesn't surprise me there's a book and players probably pay as much attention to it as referees do the the rules of the game..

One thing is for sure and that is that few players are as good tackling back as Lenny and give away as few fouls in the process. and that's all I care about. He probably hasn't got the range of passing to play much higher, for us he is an integral part of the team and I remember most on here being desperate for his return when he had a long layoff.

Hopefully will sign a 2 year contract with an option for a 3rd- would be happy with that.

and apart from that goal he did?
He has been the rock of this Southend side. He could have moved on like others i wont mention, but he has stayed. So apart from that goal, Well he over the seasons has been the best MF player we have had for a very long time. You see the the games IS, i dont, but i dont understand how you can be so blind to what this guy gives to the team

Leonard is the best signing since Sturrock took over ,and he was a Sturrock signing.Whether he moves on or not ,he has in his time here been a champion,it was a day to say thankyou to him and well done ,not as some here have done ,pick the man apart.If he did everything correctly he wouldnt be with us he would be with Barcelona or Real Madrid.Just say thankyou to the man for his Loyal service to us when he could have quite easily as others have done move on to greener pastures and higher wages im sure .Thanks Lenny long may you stay ,your a true champion mate.
:clap:

Which foot you go with depends on a number of factors - it doesn't surprise me there's a book and players probably pay as much attention to it as referees do the the rules of the game..

One thing is for sure and that is that few players are as good tackling back as Lenny and give away as few fouls in the process. and that's all I care about. He probably hasn't got the range of passing to play much higher, for us he is an integral part of the team and I remember most on here being desperate for his return when he had a long layoff.

Hopefully will sign a 2 year contract with an option for a 3rd- would be happy with that.

How can you sign something you haven't been offered?

Payne and Worrall couldn't so how can Lenny?

Back