• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are sky contractually obliged to leave out controversial decisions made against Southend?

Didnt include the tackle from the millwall guy that many said should have been a red and not included the push on Coker leading up to the corner. Would be nice to have a look to see if general bias plays a part in fans opinions!

I think they literally just show the goals and that's it. If you're looking for in-depth analysis you're not going to get it off Sky.

Are sky contractually obliged to leave out controversial decisions made against Southend?

Didnt include the tackle from the millwall guy that many said should have been a red and not included the push on Coker leading up to the corner. Would be nice to have a look to see if general bias plays a part in fans opinions!

I really don't think it's a big conspiracy out there.

after another picky ref it would take too long to show them all.....plus the fact it would show them up ......

Shame the cameraman couldn't keep up with Lenny's strike!

Also looks like the penalty decision was extremely harsh. Not sure what the Oxford lad is supposed to do there. Coker drove the ball at him.

Also looks like the penalty decision was extremely harsh. Not sure what the Oxford lad is supposed to do there. Coker drove the ball at him.

It wasn't harsh at all - the guys jumped with his arms out, if he hadn't done that the cross would have came over, therefore it was a pen

That is definitely a penalty. You cannot turn your back on the ball with your arms out away from your body. If I was their manager, I'd be livid with my player for turning his back on the ball. I'm sure if we see a Southend player do that, we'd be equally as annoyed.

It wasn't harsh at all - the guys jumped with his arms out, if he hadn't done that the cross would have came over, therefore it was a pen

Think Coker might have aimed at the arms, probably because he was not sure who was in the middle waiting for the cross... Quick thinking in my book, and a penalty all day long! About time a match changing decision went our way :happy:

As I am out in sunny Spain at the moment, do any techies know how i can watch the highlights, as it just says not authorised for this location.

Thanks

As I am out in sunny Spain at the moment, do any techies know how i can watch the highlights, as it just says not authorised for this location.

Thanks
Download a VPN app for your browser or on your mobile device and set your location as UK, or wait for the club to upload their highlights video to YouTube in the next day or 2.

Last night I thought it was harsh, but having watched it again I now think the ref got it spot on (if you'll excuse the pun). Originally I thought the defender was just protecting himself because the ball would have smashed him in the face, but actually his arm wasn't close to his face, and was outstretched.

On another note, I think we've seen goal of the season already.

Last edited:
Download a VPN app for your browser or on your mobile device and set your location as UK, or wait for the club to upload their highlights video to YouTube in the next day or 2.

Brilliant, thank you. Although if I watch the Northampton highlights as well, then you are a git for telling how to do it.

Enjoyed Lenny's strike again and credit to McLaughlin for getting into the byline and forcing their defender into the scrappy clearance that led to Lenny's goal. Also good to see Oxley's last ditch defending from the other side. Defence beaten and although unorthodox did the trick.

A little query about the Sky highlights we are always shown as Southend rather than Southend United or Utd .. I suppose you could argue we are never United!

Back