• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues' match-winner Wordsworth: I felt like crying when I scored

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United midfielder Anthony Wordsworth admitted he felt like crying tears of joy after firing the Shrimpers to a 2-1 win against Oxford United.

More...

Pleased for him. If he stays fit it will be like having a new player and a talented one at that.

I like stories like these when they come out. With the conspiracy theories and jumping to conclusions that goes on sometimes, it's great to be reminded that our injured players are desperate to get themselves back on track so they can do their job and make a difference. Good on you Wordsworth.

If the same applies to the likes of Timlin and Ranger (and I've no doubt it does), it can only make us stronger for the rest of the season.

Tell you something, that was a high quality penalty last night.

When he stepped up, he set himself to hit it in the bottom left and even gave Eastwood the eyes to suggest that and then, just at the point of striking it, he opened his body slightly and hit it in the other corner, sending him the wrong way.

Also, get him on the set-pieces whenever possible.

Really pleased for him think he needs a couple more games to reach his top gear but scoring on your first start from injury isn't bad, well done and keep it going Woody!!

Really like Wordsworth, good to see him back and playing. Some say he is a luxury player and a bit lazy but he oozes class and put a real shift in last night, some great tackles

Tell you something, that was a high quality penalty last night.

When he stepped up, he set himself to hit it in the bottom left and even gave Eastwood the eyes to suggest that and then, just at the point of striking it, he opened his body slightly and hit it in the other corner, sending him the wrong way.

Also, get him on the set-pieces whenever possible.

Absolutely, we had some quality corners and free kicks (apart from the first one that went straight into the wall). Delighted for him!

Back