• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gary Deegan

Strange he played him 48 times then decides he isnt the player he wants.

Liked him when he was here, but wouldnt want him back.

Reading between the lines, it looks as though Hurst is looking to improve the quality of player he has and has told Deegan that he will be, at best, a squad player.

Not particularly surprising news.

Strange he played him 48 times then decides he isnt the player he wants.

Liked him when he was here, but wouldnt want him back.

He didn't - he only took over at the end of October. He knows he needs an upgrade on Deegan if they are to avoid another relegation fight.

With all the hoo and hah about Cattermole booting everyone up in the air yesterday, I suddenly thought of our old enforcer and what he's up to these days.

Seems he is a regular at Cambridge. Picked up eight bookings this season already, but more shocking is he actually scored a goal away at Northampton! :Worthy: ...

... and what a fine goal it was! :-

I dont know why you have dredged up something i wrote over 2 years ago , but i stick by my sentiment.

Compare the 2 players careers' since then --- Alex Woodyard became a stalwart in the Lincoln team won the conference and gained promotion with Lincoln into the football league , and won another trophy at Wembley in the checkatrade final. Peterboro paid Quarter of a million for him , installed him as captain and they are right near the top of league 1 , with a great chance of being in the Championship next season. Many top clubs scouting him for even better things.

Gary Deegan got kicked out of Southend , spent a year with Shrewsbury languishing at the bottom of the league then got kicked out of there ( before the Shrews suddenly started winning ! ) , went to Cambridge who are again languishing at the bottom of league 2 . Still getting booked every other week.

And you still think Deegan isnt a poor mans Alex Woodyard. ????????

He's not even that and I wouldnt like him back here but we do need a player like him ATM as our midfield is too "nice"

I dont know why you have dredged up something i wrote over 2 years ago , but i stick by my sentiment.

Compare the 2 players careers' since then --- Alex Woodyard became a stalwart in the Lincoln team won the conference and gained promotion with Lincoln into the football league , and won another trophy at Wembley in the checkatrade final. Peterboro paid Quarter of a million for him , installed him as captain and they are right near the top of league 1 , with a great chance of being in the Championship next season. Many top clubs scouting him for even better things.

Gary Deegan got kicked out of Southend , spent a year with Shrewsbury languishing at the bottom of the league then got kicked out of there ( before the Shrews suddenly started winning ! ) , went to Cambridge who are again languishing at the bottom of league 2 . Still getting booked every other week.

And you still think Deegan isnt a poor mans Alex Woodyard. ????????

Oh dear just driven 140 miles stuck in accident jam for an hour ,fed up ,I read your post & obviously miss read ,thought you meant Woodyard was poor ,I thought we should have kept him for another year at least .( r we still chums ?????

The first time they cut the clip as he looks about to lose the ball. The second time he does lose the ball but the ref bails him out.

The first one he wins a lose ball and goes past 2 players. the second one he wins a lose ball, goes past 2 players and wins a free kick......Its called good midfield play.....Easy to forget if your a regular at RH this season

Back