• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sam McQueen

As long as it's not us.

The guy has made 19 appearances in the premier league and has interest from a championship club, it's pretty obvious that's he come a long way from what he was like when he was with us.

Was linked with a £15m move to Liverpool just 12 months ago. To now be on Bristol City's radar is surprising. :stunned:

Was asked yesterday by my Middlesbrough supporting friend for a run down on Sam. More than decent player (after all not many go from gracing Roots Hall to the San Siro in just a couple of months), but also mentioned his character, and that of his family. His dad's honest updates on here show what a grounded individual he is. Hope he flourishes at 'boro.

This has been posted elsewhere, but this is the correct home for it. Sad news about a former loanee - shows how precarious a career as a professional footballer can be:

This has been posted elsewhere, but this is the correct home for it. Sad news about a former loanee - shows how precarious a career as a professional footballer can be:

Firstly, that's a very sad state of affairs. I really hope he does recover. Secondly, it's interesting that that article doesn't say what Sam's doctors think.

Thirdly, he sounds like our kind of player. When is he signing?

Firstly, that's a very sad state of affairs. I really hope he does recover. Secondly, it's interesting that that article doesn't say what Sam's doctors think.

Thirdly, he sounds like our kind of player. When is he signing?

Give it five years. Only 26 so although crocked way too young for PB to be interested yet.

Poor lad. Very sorry to hear this. I hope he adjusts to life after football and I thank him for his 18 appearances for us. Best wishes for the future Sam.

Sam McQueen scored his first league goal as a professional playing for Southend United on loan from Southampton at Roots Hall, scoring our third goal against Colchester United in Southend's convincing 3-0 win in the local derby.

Hope you enjoy your retirement Sam, do not forget once a Shrimper, always a Shrimper

Back