• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hard or Soft Brexit?

What should happen?

• Hard Brexit

Votes: 31 46.3%
  • Soft Brexit

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Another referendum on the terms of the Brexit deal

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Forget it all and remain

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Bart

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
I voted out, for the same reason I'd have voted for Trump, if I was American... The sheer mass hysteria from the liberals is excellent entertainment

I've never classed myself as a liberal suffering from mass hysteria, but it seems to me that having a Donald in charge of the most powerful nation in the world is a very high price to pay for excellent entertainment. I tend to boundary my excellent entertainment to sitting in the West Stand on a good day at Roots Hall. That way if results are crap and the **** hits the fan I don't necessarily get caught in the fall out. I'm not American but I could very easily get caught up in a Donald **** up.

I voted out, for the same reason I'd have voted for Trump, if I was American... The sheer mass hysteria from the liberals is excellent entertainment

That's like turkeys voting for Christmas.

Some things are far more important that "winding up liberals" such as the future of the human race. His disdain to scientifically proven climate change is just staggering.

A lot of the American coal mines that were closed down were due to economic factors, not due to Obama's approach to climate change.

So, out of interest, why did you?

1. I recognize that the UK needs migration from all corners of the globe, not just the EU. What I want is for the UK to be able to control its borders and control who comes to these shores and their reasons for doing so. I do not want the UK to be told that we must accept anyone and everyone regardless of whether they are beneficial to the UK or not.
  2. I want the UK to be free to use the money it saves from not putting into the EU coffers (however much that may end up being) in a way that benefits the UK population.
  3. I want our courts to have the final say over certain aspects of our criminal justice system. I want the UK to take back primacy of its judicial system. Simple as that.
  4. I want the UK to be able to set its own rate of VAT without having to apply for EU consent.
  5. The UK will once again be able to financially support British companies in trouble. Something it cannot do at present due to EU regulations.
  6. I don't want the UK to have to abide by decisions taken by a large EU country like Germany that's detrimental to the UK because of qualified majority voting.
  7. The rampant corruption that has gone on since day one of the EU inception and still goes on to this day.
  8. From the outset, the 'EU' has changed over the years going from a trading block of countries working together to dismantle trade barriers between themselves to a behemoth of political and financial union, a group of disparate nations each with their own political agenda, financial strengths and weaknesses and social structures.

There are quite a few other reasons but I've got work to do so they'll have to do for now.

The so-called sovreignty argument I'd imagine.:facepalm:

Look up the meaning of sovereignty. I think you'll find we don't have full self-government. We don't have full primacy in law and we don't have full jurisdiction with regard to our borders. Your flippant remark calling it a 'so called' Brexit argument would hold more sway if you personally actually backed it up in some way.

Some things are far more important that "winding up liberals" such as the future of the human race. His disdain to scientifically proven climate change is just staggering.

A lot of the American coal mines that were closed down were due to economic factors, not due to Obama's approach to climate change.

I think he's being facetious.

I've never classed myself as a liberal suffering from mass hysteria, but it seems to me that having a Donald in charge of the most powerful nation in the world is a very high price to pay for excellent entertainment. I tend to boundary my excellent entertainment to sitting in the West Stand on a good day at Roots Hall. That way if results are crap and the **** hits the fan I don't necessarily get caught in the fall out. I'm not American but I could very easily get caught up in a Donald **** up.

Mate, it might not be hysteria, but that sounds slightly doom-mongering at best. Donald Trump is, and will be kept on a short leash by the Senate.

No, because the difference is, sticking with your analogy, Christmas isn't guarenteed.

Really? Have you ever tried winding up liberals? It's great fun!

Mate, it might not be hysteria, but that sounds slightly doom-mongering at best. Donald Trump is, and will be kept on a short leash by the Senate.

I get the Donald on a short leash bit, but it looks like the Republican hierarchy are running the country with him as a puppet. Is that really the way to run a country the size of the States? That's a bit of rhetorical question because we nearly ended up with a Boris doing that over here. I'm taking this well off topic so I will stop now.

I get the Donald on a short leash bit, but it looks like the Republican hierarchy are running the country with him as a puppet. Is that really the way to run a country the size of the States? That's a bit of rhetorical question because we nearly ended up with a Boris doing that over here. I'm taking this well off topic so I will stop now.

Trump IS the Republican Hierarchy, along with the Senate. So unless the Senate have a secret agenda to destroy the world, I'll stay confused how people (especially this side of The Atlantic) can be truly worried.

Trump IS the Republican Hierarchy, along with the Senate. So unless the Senate have a secret agenda to destroy the world, I'll stay confused how people (especially this side of The Atlantic) can be truly worried.

It's the people behind Trump that you should be worried about - Spicer, Bannon etc. He's just their puppet.

Are you being tricksy? Bannon's "alternative" views are well documented.

Granted, he's got some bonkers views, but why should I be worried though? He's a strategist, he carries no power. For example, he could convince Donald Trump that it's a good idea to make socks illegal. Unless Congress pass that law, it's totally moot.

As I said previously, Trump is on a short leash & between The Senate & Congress, they'll make sure he'll be kept on that Short leash.

Last edited:
think-of-the-children1.jpg

Look up the meaning of sovereignty. I think you'll find we don't have full self-government. We don't have full primacy in law and we don't have full jurisdiction with regard to our borders. Your flippant remark calling it a 'so called' Brexit argument would hold more sway if you personally actually backed it up in some way.

I know the meaning of the word thanks.I thought the whole idea of the Leave campaign was to take back all these powers?

Good luck with that.The UK will pay a high price for it.

Back