• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hard or Soft Brexit?

What should happen?

• Hard Brexit

Votes: 31 46.3%
  • Soft Brexit

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Another referendum on the terms of the Brexit deal

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Forget it all and remain

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Bart

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
We may have to pay a price and be on our own for a while but will soon be greatly helped by the US.

We'll only get help from them if it serves their interests, a la Anglo American loan.
To think anything else, especially as the US are looking inward, I feel is naive.

I know you don't live in Britain so naturally your out of touch but no one is interested in what that sinister little fraud called Lord Mandelson has to say. Another one who should be doing prison time along side Blair.

I'm afraid that really is bloody arrogant. Whilst people may well question the messenger, whether it be Blair or Mandelson, 48% (at least) would accept the message. I'm not disputing the result of the referendum but am questioning whether there would be a majority for leaving Europe in the way (hard brexit) it looks as though it's going to be done.

I'm afraid that really is bloody arrogant. Whilst people may well question the messenger, whether it be Blair or Mandelson, 48% (at least) would accept the message. I'm not disputing the result of the referendum but am questioning whether there would be a majority for leaving Europe in the way (hard brexit) it looks as though it's going to be done.

I suspect the arrogance lies with BLair who has managed to alienate everyone from Corbyn to your average leave voter.
When he urges people to 'rise up against Brexit', that is not respecting the democratic result of the referendum.

I'm not racist but

Blair wants another vote and if that one votes out he would demand another vote.

Tone and Pete the ultimate of sleaze and untruths.

I suspect the arrogance lies with BLair who has managed to alienate everyone from Corbyn to your average leave voter.
When he urges people to 'rise up against Brexit', that is not respecting the democratic result of the referendum.

Whilst, like you, I may not appreciate the terminology of 'rise up against Brexit' the message remains unaltered. Surely the 48% who voted remain (and haven't now changed to the belief that Brexit is the best thing since sliced bread) deserve to be represented by someone? Seeing as the leadership of the Labour Party has rolled over and died concerning the issue (the suspicion is that Corbyn and his clique were never very keen on Europe in the first place or it's a desperate attempt to stop the haemorrhage of votes to UKIP) someone needs to hold the government to task on what kind of Brexit is achieved.

Blair wants another vote and if that one votes out he would demand another vote.

Tone and Pete the ultimate of sleaze and untruths.

I hope we have another referendum and vote by 52% to remain. Then I will join the media and liberal left (same thing) in campaigning for a soft remain, as of course they will have to listen to us.

I love the "you can't just ignore the 48%" whinge. They ignored the 52% for years and would happily carry on doing so if they could. That's why we voted out.

Whilst, like you, I may not appreciate the terminology of 'rise up against Brexit' the message remains unaltered. Surely the 48% who voted remain (and haven't now changed to the belief that Brexit is the best thing since sliced bread) deserve to be represented by someone? Seeing as the leadership of the Labour Party has rolled over and died concerning the issue (the suspicion is that Corbyn and his clique were never very keen on Europe in the first place or it's a desperate attempt to stop the haemorrhage of votes to UKIP) someone needs to hold the government to task on what kind of Brexit is achieved.

Isn't Tim Farron representing the 48 per cent?
I'm guessing he will be dropping the word democrat from his parties name though.

I hope we have another referendum and vote by 52% to remain. Then I will join the media and liberal left (same thing) in campaigning for a soft remain, as of course they will have to listen to us.

I love the "you can't just ignore the 48%" whinge. They ignored the 52% for years and would happily carry on doing so if they could. That's why we voted out.

I marvel at the remainers who think the 52% are complete idiots and know nothing,in fact I reckon the likes of the Lib left believe us mugs shouldn't be allowed to vote.

The Lord's now have their say,with many having a vested interest in remaining...the establishment eh.

I marvel at the remainers who think the 52% are complete idiots and know nothing,in fact I reckon the likes of the Lib left believe us mugs shouldn't be allowed to vote.

The Lord's now have their say,with many having a vested interest in remaining...the establishment eh.

NO! not at all.....................but in your case, I'd probably make an exception. :smile::winking:

Back