• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

or as a change from the norm, C2c to west ham then jubilee to bermondsey , much shorter trip, just a small walk from staion and avoids Southern Rail strike/works nonsense.

with the covered walkway from the away end to the train station and the fact they hold the home fans in - as long and you don't drag your heels you are long gone before they appear
You know it's safe.
I know it's safe.
Ladies who only go to the odd home game and have never experienced a Southend away day think every trip potentially involves meeting the characters from The Firm.

with the covered walkway from the away end to the train station and the fact they hold the home fans in - as long and you don't drag your heels you are long gone before they appear

There is no covered walkway, the away route to the station is secure but uncovered. I have been there several times and never noticed the home fans held in the ground although on occasion when they were in the Championship the visiting fans were held back for a while. I would have no qualms about the fixture .... from a safety point of view.

Ladies who only go to the odd home game and have never experienced a Southend away day think every trip potentially involves meeting the characters from The Firm.

Ladies who've been to the Den a few times and plenty of other away grounds know differently, of course! :winking:

Well that's scuppered my plans. It really is annoying that a number of away fans will not now be able to attend. Yet again, it is supporters that are the ones who suffer. Surely the police in London with all their resources could police the game on a Saturday? Literally a cop out!

Yeah, falling over each other as there's so many of us.

There is no covered walkway, the away route to the station is secure but uncovered. I have been there several times and never noticed the home fans held in the ground although on occasion when they were in the Championship the visiting fans were held back for a while. I would have no qualms about the fixture .... from a safety point of view.
I thought it was covered part of the way but even if not is snakes away from where any locals will be.
First time I went there was when Bailey scored a cracking goal, not sure what year - the home fans I know were held behind a gate at the point where they would enter the train station as I have a vivid mental picture of that. Since then I've paid less attention as once you've done it once you don't give it much thought again.

RH could do with them.

Some nice hanging baskets, a few shrubs and a floral decking area would make all the difference and spruce the old gal up.

There'd be less crowd trouble, too, as people will respect the place.

I mean, how many punch ups do you see at Hyde Hall.

No hanging baskets at the Hall but you have to admire the lovely weeds growing on top of the stand where the North Bank meets the West Stand. These beautiful weeds are now a foot tall and growing healthier by the week.

Back