• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Time for action?

• Total voters
If it's at a certain time at each match, and the media, supporters and players know it's directly aimed at RM, I can't see how it can have a detrimental effect on the players. If anything, I bet they'd like to know the latest, aswell. So we may b doing them a favour. After all, it is their employer we're talking about.

Do you actually believe that for the time that the fans are "taunting " RM, who by the way is going nowhere, that the players won't be distracted for a few seconds??? What was that famous quote? It only takes a second to score a goal!

Keep any protest out of the 90 minutes.

Do you actually believe that for the time that the fans are "taunting " RM, who by the way is going nowhere, that the players won't be distracted for a few seconds??? What was that famous quote? It only takes a second to score a goal!

Keep any protest out of the 90 minutes.

As I said, some may welcome it, though. Perhaps the question should be put to the players ?

I don't normally vote in these things, but if I did, it would be in the "cant see the point, although we should still be asking questions" category, if it existed.

Can't see the point - RM has all eggs in the FF basket. If it fails, he is ruined and so is the club. If he walks away or is ousted, he is ruined and so is the club. BUT ...if it succeeds, the club succeeds, so it seems to me that our fortunes are inter-twined, whether we all like it or not.

We should be asking questions - I'd like to see the Trust , as the supporters' organisation, taking the lead in asking the reasonable questions that all supporters have, and attempting to get RM to understand the extent of alienation with the lack of information. I don't think the Zone can do this, as by definition it is melting pot of ideas/opinions/gripes. I know there is some friction on here with the Trust's approach. I can't comment on that as I don't know the background but have recently signed up with the Trust so I can find out for myself. We can't expect to see a detailed project plan from RM, but we should be able to see at a high level the main stages, activities, legal hurdles and other dependencies.

I don't normally vote in these things, but if I did, it would be in the "cant see the point, although we should still be asking questions" category, if it existed.

Can't see the point - RM has all eggs in the FF basket. If it fails, he is ruined and so is the club. If he walks away or is ousted, he is ruined and so is the club. BUT ...if it succeeds, the club succeeds, so it seems to me that our fortunes are inter-twined, whether we all like it or not.

Is he though? Southend United go bust but his other company who own the ground doesn't and the burden of having to relocate SUFC before redeveloping Roots Hall is gone.

The way the debt is piling up that's how I see this ending. That is his get out of jail card.

Is he though? Southend United go bust but his other company who own the ground doesn't and the burden of having to relocate SUFC before redeveloping Roots Hall is gone.

The way the debt is piling up that's how I see this ending. That is his get out of jail card.

Considering that both RHL and SEL's major assets are loans to SUFC, if SUFC go bust it will, in all probability, take the other two companies with them. Certainly as soon as they have to revalue the assets on the balance sheet they will be technically insolvent
I cant see SUFC going pop without it taking MD, SEL, and RHL with it, and tbh, I think that's why administration has been rigorously fought against over the years when I am sure that many other clubs would have taken administration (particularly in the last Tilly relegation season).

IIRC Bates , when at leeds has 48% of their debt owed to him he actually loaned them more money paid of some of the debt so that his debt roes to 51% of the debt , then promptly called in the administrators.
This gave him the power of veto , as the majority creditor, over any creditor settlement packages and potential buyers the administrator found.
As a result he got the club back, with creditors getting 10p in the pound (opposed to other deals which offered the non Bates creditors considerably more) and a completely clean slate, for less than he would have invested if he wanted to keep the club afloat in the first place.
I don't think Ron has the spare capital to consider this option and his entire future relies on the continued solvency of SUFC.

Considering that both RHL and SEL's major assets are loans to SUFC, if SUFC go bust it will, in all probability, take the other two companies with them. Certainly as soon as they have to revalue the assets on the balance sheet they will be technically insolvent
I cant see SUFC going pop without it taking MD, SEL, and RHL with it, and tbh, I think that's why administration has been rigorously fought against over the years when I am sure that many other clubs would have taken administration (particularly in the last Tilly relegation season).

IIRC Bates , when at leeds has 48% of their debt owed to him he actually loaned them more money paid of some of the debt so that his debt roes to 51% of the debt , then promptly called in the administrators.
This gave him the power of veto , as the majority creditor, over any creditor settlement packages and potential buyers the administrator found.
As a result he got the club back, with creditors getting 10p in the pound (opposed to other deals which offered the non Bates creditors considerably more) and a completely clean slate, for less than he would have invested if he wanted to keep the club afloat in the first place.
I don't think Ron has the spare capital to consider this option and his entire future relies on the continued solvency of SUFC.

And this, in my view, more or less endorses what Fatgrandad was saying. The "cant see the point, although we should still be asking questions" category, if it existed is what I would go for with the Trust leading the questions. As for getting answers to those questions................I doubt it, but you never know.

At the end of the day Ron doesn't have to tell you a single, solitary fact. The plain truth is, if you don't like it then support some other team or form an AFC Southend.

As I said, some may welcome it, though. Perhaps the question should be put to the players ?

Are you serious??
Can you imagine the question? Would you like us to make some kind of demonstration against the man who is your EMPLOYER and will know you supported it??
Why would the players openly want to support a movement that is nothing to do with them. How many current players will be at the club by the time a stadium is built? None.
Is NOTHING to do with our team.

At the end of the day Ron doesn't have to tell you a single, solitary fact. The plain truth is, if you don't like it then support some other team or form an AFC Southend.

Bit harsh MK. There will be an awful lot of supporters, including me, that don't like the fact that Ron is in permanent mute mode. If we all did as you suggest the gates would be very small.

Bit harsh MK. There will be an awful lot of supporters, including me, that don't like the fact that Ron is in permanent mute mode. If we all did as you suggest the gates would be very small.

Maybe, but perhaps some of you need to face up to the fact that unless A.N. Other investor turns up with £50M to wave at Ron, he isn't going anywhere and doesn't have to tell any of you anything.

And if by some bizarre outcome he does agree to some form of meeting, it'll just be meaningless words to placate the masses with nothing to back them up.

Maybe, but perhaps some of you need to face up to the fact that unless A.N. Other investor turns up with £50M to wave at Ron, he isn't going anywhere and doesn't have to tell any of you anything.

And if by some bizarre outcome he does agree to some form of meeting, it'll just be meaningless words to placate the masses with nothing to back them up.

Absolutely right, but to make my point again, I don't have to **** off to be brassed off.

This ,well said MK.

Ron can do as he pleases,end of,fact.

Absolutely right, but to make my point again, I don't have to **** off to be brassed off.

Oh we all feel like that I'm sure. We'd all love a stadium like MK Dons or a redevelopment of the Hall, but the sad fact is neither is going to happen.

Oh we all feel like that I'm sure. We'd all love a stadium like MK Dons or a redevelopment of the Hall, but the sad fact is neither is going to happen.

Exactly.

So I guess we just sit and wait for it all to come crashing down and start again?

For as long as I can remember, since Ron's tenure commenced, we have been told by certain posters that the end is nigh. Ron, thus far, has proved them wrong and I sincerely hope he continues to do so. My biggest fear is that something bad, health wise, befalls Ron. Quite what would happen then is anyone's guess.

I understand/share the angst and fear that supporters have over the future but pointless protests will not be a positive step. I don't know what the religious feelings of the fans are but I suggest prayer is the only avenue open to us. Beyond that we have no right of input, other than a whip round to buy him out, and that seems unlikely.

Exactly.

So I guess we just sit and wait for it all to come crashing down and start again?

If it all crumbles, maybe that'd force Rons hand, and maybe an investor(s) would step out of the shadows. Maybe (and I certainly do not wish this on Ron, I want to make this very clear) when he dies, something may happen.

Exactly.

Those unhappy with the situation enough to want change could , Start to contact people , other investors , who ever, in order to raise enough pledges , donations etc, to buy R M out, its widely agreed that this is the best, some say only option.

Look, as with many things in life, if one doesn't like something about ones life, its always best, if it is disliked enough to want change, to start to instigate that change oneself , not to sit back and expect others to make the changes wanted.

If you are worrying about things you have no control over and can do nothing about , that is another issue which , again as an individual requires personal action

Back