• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Time for action?

• Total voters
Those unhappy with the situation enough to want change could , Start to contact people , other investors , who ever, in order to raise enough pledges , donations etc, to buy R M out, its widely agreed that this is the best, some say only option.

You can't buy something, unless somebody's prepared to sell it.

Are you serious??
Can you imagine the question? Would you like us to make some kind of demonstration against the man who is your EMPLOYER and will know you supported it??
Why would the players openly want to support a movement that is nothing to do with them. How many current players will be at the club by the time a stadium is built? None.
Is NOTHING to do with our team.

I'm totally serious. Who says he will know who supported it ? Surely, the question would be asked individually and with anonymity, in order to gauge their feelings. I think it is to do with them. They were probably sold the fact that we are an up and coming club with a new stadium on the horizon and a bright future. Let's be honest, the only lads that are young enough, good enough and could possibly have benefited from a new stadium, have seen the light and moved on (Bentley & Payne). Leaving us having to buy experienced pros that are no doubt on high wages.

Those unhappy with the situation enough to want change could , Start to contact people , other investors , who ever, in order to raise enough pledges , donations etc, to buy R M out, its widely agreed that this is the best, some say only option.

Look, as with many things in life, if one doesn't like something about ones life, its always best, if it is disliked enough to want change, to start to instigate that change oneself , not to sit back and expect others to make the changes wanted.

If you are worrying about things you have no control over and can do nothing about , that is another issue which , again as an individual requires personal action

Really, says who.

Pledges, donations, your making it sound like we are trying to raise money for a school mini bus not a £30m stadium.

The hold up at the moment is getting the project passed by the council. That would be the same even if some Russian billionaire turned up and bought the club tomorrow.

I'm totally serious. Who says he will know who supported it ? Surely, the question would be asked individually and with anonymity, in order to gauge their feelings. I think it is to do with them. They were probably sold the fact that we are an up and coming club with a new stadium on the horizon and a bright future. Let's be honest, the only lads that are young enough, good enough and could possibly have benefited from a new stadium, have seen the light and moved on (Bentley & Payne). Leaving us having to buy experienced pros that are no doubt on high wages.

I'm sure the players would be polite about it, but they need to be concentrating on what goes on the pitch and certainly won't want to be involved in any off the field nonsense. Which of course they should never do anyway

Really, says who.

Pledges, donations, your making it sound like we are trying to raise money for a school mini bus not a £30m stadium.

The hold up at the moment is getting the project passed by the council. That would be the same even if some Russian billionaire turned up and bought the club tomorrow.
I am glad that the only problem is getting the project passed by the council or rather councils!! The problems are far greater than that. No mention of having the suitable backers to actually finance the scheme.

I am becoming more pessimistic by the day that FF will ever happen with the current set up and proposals.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37804898
Motherwell are fan owned.
This got me thinking , could this model work at SUFC.
If RM were to agree interest free loans continue for 5 years, rent free for 5 years but repayments of 20k per month plus 50 % of transfer income, would there be enough fans willing to make the monthly financial commitment to keep the club going.
I reckon that initially the attendances would go up a bit, but personally I wouldn't build that into the budget.
By the looks of things at the moment we have a shortfall of around 60-70 k a month , so adding in the repayment were we to get 5000 fans to commit to 10 pound a month, 1500 @ 15 a month and 1000 @ 20 , that would bring in 90k a month, which would give a small buffer. Have we that level of support ? Or could we raise more ?
The problem we would then have , is the ground, Staying at RH would then mean , after 5 years we would have to find another 50k a month in rent , or find somewhat of raising the money to buy RH back.
Of course, this also depends on whether we have anyone within the fan base willing and with the time and capability to rally the fans into such a massive undertaking.
Are we honestly capable of this , personally I don't really think so, and without a really convincing group taking it forward and a workable budget it would not get the support from the required powers to start and certainly not persuade rm to part with the club for a pound

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37804898
Motherwell are fan owned.
This got me thinking , could this model work at SUFC.
If RM were to agree interest free loans continue for 5 years, rent free for 5 years but repayments of 20k per month plus 50 % of transfer income, would there be enough fans willing to make the monthly financial commitment to keep the club going.
I reckon that initially the attendances would go up a bit, but personally I wouldn't build that into the budget.
By the looks of things at the moment we have a shortfall of around 60-70 k a month , so adding in the repayment were we to get 5000 fans to commit to 10 pound a month, 1500 @ 15 a month and 1000 @ 20 , that would bring in 90k a month, which would give a small buffer. Have we that level of support ? Or could we raise more ?
The problem we would then have , is the ground, Staying at RH would then mean , after 5 years we would have to find another 50k a month in rent , or find somewhat of raising the money to buy RH back.
Of course, this also depends on whether we have anyone within the fan base willing and with the time and capability to rally the fans into such a massive undertaking.
Are we honestly capable of this , personally I don't really think so, and without a really convincing group taking it forward and a workable budget it would not get the support from the required powers to start and certainly not persuade rm to part with the club for a pound

I love the idea, but I don't think you'll get "5000 fans to commit to 10 pound a month, 1500 @ 15 a month and 1000 @ 20". Realistically, it would be more like 100 @ £10pm chipping in, after paying for their season tickets, which would be £1,000pm.

I'm sure the players would be polite about it, but they need to be concentrating on what goes on the pitch and certainly won't want to be involved in any off the field nonsense. Which of course they should never do anyway

I wouldn't suggest they get involved at all. Would just be nice to know (off the record) what their thoughts would be if it was at a certain time of each game, and it was known that it was in no way aimed at them or their performances in the pitch. Probably us, you'd probably get more supporters joining in if things weren't going well on the pitch :blush:

Last edited:
Oh we all feel like that I'm sure. We'd all love a stadium like MK Dons or a redevelopment of the Hall, but the sad fact is neither is going to happen.

A lovely stadium, but 75% empty and as such they couldn't generate any atmosphere - certainly not somewhere I'd like to call home. And if they drop another league, will the costs of maintaining it be their undoing? No point driving a Ferrari if you can't afford to put fuel in it.

Back