• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

adwebb16

Coach
Football Manager 2017 is released on 4th November 2016 - www.footballmanager.com

Big release video yesterday detailing the new features; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrVy4Z6F5CA

I used to play the PC version avidly until about 4 years ago and it almost became a little bit too complex for me. i just didn't have the time to dedicate to it. Stuck to the simple layout and gameplay of the recent iPad versions. Any die-hards out there can start playing the beta version two weeks in advanced. the Mail broke down the features if you haven't got 30mins to spare on Friday at 4:30pm in the office --> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...new-animations-camera-angles-social-feed.html

Anyone else keeping their eye out for the release?

Beta set to be released tomorrow evening to those who have pre-ordered :happy::happy::happy:

First SUFC-data related impressions from the beta:
  • Will Atkinson still more comfortable as MR instead of MC
  • No Lee Harrison on the coaching staff
  • Ranger seems a little underrated but fair enough given no one knew what to expect

Interesting addition of sports scientists and data analysts to the staff. The team report and post match stats are much improved and staff advice is much better integrated into the game too.

First game was SUFC against SUFC u23s and went 2-0 down in 7 minutes as Coker scored an own goal then gave away a penalty. Mooney scored a hat-trick to win 3-2, so it's clearly hugely unrealistic!

First SUFC-data related impressions from the beta:
  • Will Atkinson still more comfortable as MR instead of MC
  • No Lee Harrison on the coaching staff
  • Ranger seems a little underrated but fair enough given no one knew what to expect

Interesting addition of sports scientists and data analysts to the staff. The team report and post match stats are much improved and staff advice is much better integrated into the game too.

First game was SUFC against SUFC u23s and went 2-0 down in 7 minutes as Coker scored an own goal then gave away a penalty. Mooney scored a hat-trick to win 3-2, so it's clearly hugely unrealistic!

Worth a purchase this year?

Worth a purchase this year?
Haven't had a chance to play enough to say yet to be honest. What I have played of it so far it has been very good and an improvement on 16, lots of similarities but not like some previous editions where it's basically just been a data update.

This article
by our very own Slipperduke highlights some of the best bits.

Has there been an increase in the PC's required spec for this release ?
I stopped playing it for a couple of years because my PC couldn't cope with it , and there seems little point getting the updated version if its going to rinse my year old laptop

Saw something on the DP yesterday to the effect that this new version of CM has been tweaked to include hard/soft Brexit options for buying new players from EU countries.Nice one.:smiles:

I'll get it when the full and proper comes out.

i got the beta last year coz i was working part time and could properly go into it, now i'm full time so i'll wait for the full. and cancel all the plans i have in the world.

last year i started at AC Milan and went on to Bayern. i wanted to go on a rampage around a few clubs but gave that up for going to Southend.

This year I'm going to start at East Thurrock and see where i go from there

I've reluctantly started again as the pre-Beta version I was working with was bound to crash at some point, but it's going very nicely again. I play a 4231 with control, roaming and almost everyone supporting. There's a kid at Reading called Lisandro Semedo and he's like lightning. Get him on loan, use him as an attacking RW and direct everything towards him. He's ace.

It's really weird. Even when we don't win games, we play really nice, progressive football. I'm enjoying this version lots.

Hello again everyone, btw! Sorry for absence. I keep getting distracted by Twitter/Facebook/Work/Family. In that order.

I've reluctantly started again as the pre-Beta version I was working with was bound to crash at some point, but it's going very nicely again. I play a 4231 with control, roaming and almost everyone supporting. There's a kid at Reading called Lisandro Semedo and he's like lightning. Get him on loan, use him as an attacking RW and direct everything towards him. He's ace.

It's really weird. Even when we don't win games, we play really nice, progressive football. I'm enjoying this version lots.

Hello again everyone, btw! Sorry for absence. I keep getting distracted by Twitter/Facebook/Work/Family. In that order.

Indeed, good to see you back on buddy. :thumbsup:

Good to hear a Southend United mention every once in a while on the Guardian Football Weekly podcast, Iain.

Been playing the Beta for the last few weeks. Took charge of Southend of course.

Went for a 4123 formation, stuck Lenny in the DM position and adapted well. Struggled to satisfy all the forwards in the squad. Fortune went 9 games and no goals then hit a run of form scoring 6 in 6 but by this point he wanted out due contract break downs. Cox was on fire, had 20 by Christmas playing up top.

Highlight was having a run to the FA Cup 5th round. After a war of words with Jaap Stam I was more than satisfied to be on the right side of a 'giant killing', a solid 3-0 win. I'd been flirting with the play-off places until around Feb and was struck with a goal drought and 4 losses in a row. Ron decided enough was enough and was given the boot! Bit harsh I thought. Especially after good cup runs and tightening up the finances in a short space of time.

In hindsight I probably should have stuck to a more rigid 442/4411. Might give it another go.

I downloaded the FM 2017 mobile version for android today, very disappointed at how rubbish Ranger is in the game.

Back