Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Iain Macintosh View Post
    They have been....eliminated.

*strokes cat*
    and still you don't follow me on twitter you bounder.
    Who's this Rorschach guy and why is he so good at drawing pictures of my Dad beating me?

I've reluctantly started again as the pre-Beta version I was working with was bound to crash at some point, but it's going very nicely again. I play a 4231 with control, roaming and almost everyone supporting. There's a kid at Reading called Lisandro Semedo and he's like lightning. Get him on loan, use him as an attacking RW and direct everything towards him. He's ace.

It's really weird. Even when we don't win games, we play really nice, progressive football. I'm enjoying this version lots.

Hello again everyone, btw! Sorry for absence. I keep getting distracted by Twitter/Facebook/Work/Family. In that order.
    Indeed, good to see you back on buddy.

I've reluctantly started again as the pre-Beta version I was working with was bound to crash at some point, but it's going very nicely again. I play a 4231 with control, roaming and almost everyone supporting. There's a kid at Reading called Lisandro Semedo and he's like lightning. Get him on loan, use him as an attacking RW and direct everything towards him. He's ace.

It's really weird. Even when we don't win games, we play really nice, progressive football. I'm enjoying this version lots.

Hello again everyone, btw! Sorry for absence. I keep getting distracted by Twitter/Facebook/Work/Family. In that order.
    Good to hear a Southend United mention every once in a while on the Guardian Football Weekly podcast, Iain.

Been playing the Beta for the last few weeks. Took charge of Southend of course.

Went for a 4123 formation, stuck Lenny in the DM position and adapted well. Struggled to satisfy all the forwards in the squad. Fortune went 9 games and no goals then hit a run of form scoring 6 in 6 but by this point he wanted out due contract break downs. Cox was on fire, had 20 by Christmas playing up top.

Highlight was having a run to the FA Cup 5th round. After a war of words with Jaap Stam I was more than satisfied to be on the right side of a 'giant killing', a solid 3-0 win. I'd been flirting with the play-off places until around Feb and was struck with a goal drought and 4 losses in a row. Ron decided enough was enough and was given the boot! Bit harsh I thought. Especially after good cup runs and tightening up the finances in a short space of time.

In hindsight I probably should have stuck to a more rigid 442/4411. Might give it another go.

I downloaded the FM 2017 mobile version for android today, very disappointed at how rubbish Ranger is in the game.
    Ricky Otto's No.1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Otto View Post
    I downloaded the FM 2017 mobile version for android today, very disappointed at how rubbish Ranger is in the game.
    He is awful on it, but sure that'll be amended in the first data update. Hard to blame the researchers given how long he had gone without a game and only really played for us against Sheffield United before the full game was released.

Does anybody customise the graphics in their game? I like to download the SS style shirt graphics and I'm starting to build a little collection of old shirts going back through the 2000s and towards the late-1990s. Some of them I've made myself, some have been made by others, some are templates for that style of kit which other people have made and I've then sorted the colours and sponsors and stuff in Photoshop.

If anyone uses the SS kits and is interested in using any of our older shirts in their game, let me know and I'll upload a pack with all of them in when I've finished them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    20+ years a Shrimper.
    Brown out!

I have that also, as poor as Ranger is Cox is banging goals in for fun...

I got FM17 over Christmas coz I felt like i'd gone as far as i could on.
    I sorted out the team names and kits and logos with a download and it's been good on that front so far.
    However, I've started with East Thurrock and I'm kind of regretting it. Being just outside the play offs in Conference South is not the most exciting, but i've only played 8 games.

The kits things sounds good, i'm interested

Maybe the update changed things but he actually did alright for me in League 1, he got 15 goals and at one point his value went up to 1.5m and helped me get promoted through the playoffs. He couldn't deal with the championship though (although that might be because he was moaning that he wanted to move to a bigger club), he managed 1 goal all season (in a cup match) and his value took a nosedive after that so I had to release him on a free.

Our good players seem to be Cox, Wordsworth, Demetriou, McLaughlin and Oxley, those are the ones that still regularly feature in my Championship team, Atkinson, Thompson, O'Neill and Leonard make the occasional appearance if there are injuries.
    Southendkid is strong and tough and (the remainder of this signature has been deleted due to copyright issues)

Im on my normal 2 year cycle. I seem to play one version to death, then not play the next one. Im still playing the 16 version, have played a bit of 17 but not pulling me in at moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jam_Man View Post
    Im on my normal 2 year cycle. I seem to play one version to death, then not play the next one. Im still playing the 16 version, have played a bit of 17 but not pulling me in at moment.
    I'm fully addicted to the new one. I've tried something new this year - doing a career like a normal manager. I started at East Thurrock, went Eastleigh (two promotions) then moved on to Sheffield Wednesday and got them to the Prem at the first attempt. Now in 2020 I got made England manager after another tournament failure from Southgate.
    I love the idea of going from East Thurrock to Prem and England in 4 years.

anyway, yeah, mad addicted.

Funnily enough I started a game as Chelmsford City the other night to try to fire up some interest. Still had the FM16 running at same time on another monitor though :)

I thought about jumping ship from East Thurrock to them, didn't. kinda wish I had coz I fancied a team with some expectations and cash.
    do anything for you?

I saw a teaser video for FM18, the buzzword this year seems to be a new feature called "Dynamics", but as usual with a month until release, they're still playing their cards close to their chest. FM must be the only major game where little is known about it until a few weeks before sale.

I'll probably get it this year. I only seem to get it every couple of years when it's an even numbered year, I've still got a save going on FM16 so I've definitely had my moneys worth.