• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

what's the overall impressions so far?
I'm thinking to give it a couple of months to see Southend in to the new stadium on my current game. Already planning my moves in the new game

In my version (Champ Manager 01/02) whilst the mighty Southend were winning 7-2 in the Stadio Olimpico in the Champions League semi-finals against Lazio, W*** H** were appointing Gary Poole as manager after their manager was poached by Cheltenham (21st in League One).

The Hamsters then lost three straight to finish 4th in League Two, one place above Col Ewe.

They have managed to break the beta over the weekend.

Version 18.03 has started crashing due to some screen resolution issue or another.

If you are playing it make sure you save it regularly.

I was struggling in my game, I had to get 11 points from 5 games.

I played one of the top teams and came from 2-1 down to win 3-2. Amazing game, then it crashed and I lost it lol.

So FA Cup 3rd round.

Im away to Bournemouth, 3-1 down, then a hatrick from Cox and win 4-3!!!!

Then I forget to press save like I do after every game and this happens when I realise I havent and try to save the game

crash.jpg

Mother ****er.

That's infuriating. Faults like that make you steer clear of the game.

Over the last few years the PC version has just become so complex and time consuming for me. I'd love to be able to dedicate myself to it. Instead I just focus on FM Mobile and play through the iPad. It has more of the simple and original Championship Manager feel to it. This year they seem to have had pimped up the tactical approach, which is great.

Will be poised for the download tomorrow. Straight on to an SUFC save and see how it goes.

The game is decent, but the crashes they have brought in since the last update have screwed it. Hopefully will be sorted by tomorrows release date.

Its annoying because I always save directly after a match, but was distracted on this occassion typically!

Any reviews for FM2018? Need something to get me through this January

Steam reviews seem pretty poor.

Over the last few years the PC version has just become so complex and time consuming for me. I'd love to be able to dedicate myself to it. Instead I just focus on FM Mobile and play through the iPad. It has more of the simple and original Championship Manager feel to it. This year they seem to have had pimped up the tactical approach, which is great.
Loved Championship Manager and all the European league data discs, used to be able to quickly burn through a season.

Back