• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I downloaded the FM 2017 mobile version for android today, very disappointed at how rubbish Ranger is in the game.
He is awful on it, but sure that'll be amended in the first data update. Hard to blame the researchers given how long he had gone without a game and only really played for us against Sheffield United before the full game was released.

Does anybody customise the graphics in their game? I like to download the SS style shirt graphics and I'm starting to build a little collection of old shirts going back through the 2000s and towards the late-1990s. Some of them I've made myself, some have been made by others, some are templates for that style of kit which other people have made and I've then sorted the colours and sponsors and stuff in Photoshop.

If anyone uses the SS kits and is interested in using any of our older shirts in their game, let me know and I'll upload a pack with all of them in when I've finished them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got FM17 over Christmas coz I felt like i'd gone as far as i could on.
I sorted out the team names and kits and logos with a download and it's been good on that front so far.
However, I've started with East Thurrock and I'm kind of regretting it. Being just outside the play offs in Conference South is not the most exciting, but i've only played 8 games.

The kits things sounds good, i'm interested

I downloaded the FM 2017 mobile version for android today, very disappointed at how rubbish Ranger is in the game.

Maybe the update changed things but he actually did alright for me in League 1, he got 15 goals and at one point his value went up to £1.5m and helped me get promoted through the playoffs. He couldn't deal with the championship though (although that might be because he was moaning that he wanted to move to a bigger club), he managed 1 goal all season (in a cup match) and his value took a nosedive after that so I had to release him on a free.

Our good players seem to be Cox, Wordsworth, Demetriou, McLaughlin and Oxley, those are the ones that still regularly feature in my Championship team, Atkinson, Thompson, O'Neill and Leonard make the occasional appearance if there are injuries.

Im on my normal 2 year cycle. I seem to play one version to death, then not play the next one. Im still playing the 16 version, have played a bit of 17 but not pulling me in at moment.

Im on my normal 2 year cycle. I seem to play one version to death, then not play the next one. Im still playing the 16 version, have played a bit of 17 but not pulling me in at moment.

I'm fully addicted to the new one. I've tried something new this year - doing a career like a normal manager. I started at East Thurrock, went Eastleigh (two promotions) then moved on to Sheffield Wednesday and got them to the Prem at the first attempt. Now in 2020 I got made England manager after another tournament failure from Southgate.
I love the idea of going from East Thurrock to Prem and England in 4 years.

anyway, yeah, mad addicted.

Funnily enough I started a game as Chelmsford City the other night to try to fire up some interest. Still had the FM16 running at same time on another monitor though :)

I thought about jumping ship from East Thurrock to them, didn't. kinda wish I had coz I fancied a team with some expectations and cash.
do anything for you?

I saw a teaser video for FM18, the buzzword this year seems to be a new feature called "Dynamics", but as usual with a month until release, they're still playing their cards close to their chest. FM must be the only major game where little is known about it until a few weeks before sale.

I'll probably get it this year. I only seem to get it every couple of years when it's an even numbered year, I've still got a save going on FM16 so I've definitely had my moneys worth.

I've started playing around with my careers a bit more. I got bored with always starting with Southend and maybe someone else. I've started doing more career type games. In the 17 version I started with East Thurrock, got as far as England boss and AC milan but quit to take Southend to the prem.
I'm now in Jan 2027, 15th in the prem, £23 million in the bank and a new stadium on the way (FM immitating life). I'm only realy holding out for the new stadoium now as I've not moved to one before.
I'll probably buy FM18 in the pre-christmas sales like I did last year then I'm going to set up with only the top divisions in the top European leagues and try that as a career.
For me the add/remove league feature has revolutionised the game

FM17 is the first time I've actually done well with Southend, usually I start a career with the Blues and get sacked within two seasons, and either carry on elsewhere or start a new career somewhere random and end up doing well. But this time I'm still at SUFC in 2033, and I'm England manager. It took about 8 seasons to get from lg1 to the Prem, we have a new owner, new stadium (29,000 capacity) but I'm really having trouble breaking through to qualify for europe, keep finishing 8-10th. For England I got them into the Euros semis, at a home tournament, beat some really good teams on the way, then lost the semifinal 1-0 to the Swiss - if I'd got to the final, it would have been against Turkey! :facepalm:

Not sure if I'll be able to give up this career to buy FM18.

mate, that is some proper dedication. I think I'd have quit the game taking 8 seasons!
I did div 3, 2 and 1 in consecutive seasons now in March 2027 with about 29 points from 29. Sadly I'm having to now phase out the players who got me up which includes a good few homegrown. I've got a Basildon-born Southend-supporting wonderkid up front who is finding the step up a bit difficult.
I've got a few homegrown players including my captain, our youth set up is really good. And Roots Hall is having its first taste of Prem football but with a new one on the way, no idea what capacity they'll give me though. I once had 3 stadiums at once: Roots Hall getting upgraded so I played at Fossetts Farm (apparently sitting empty all that time) while they built a new one

Dunno why but I seem to play one version to death, then the next year find it hard to get into. FM2016 I played 40 seasons but the last one only 10 or so.

Thought Id go back on steam and see how much I played

2009 663 Hours
2010 644
2011 1880
2012 1854
2013 477
2014 2034
2015 585
2016 2862
2017 876

2018 beta/demo is out this Friday...

Beta is out on Friday for anyone who has pre-ordered.

First impressions on an SUFC point of view - no way is Hendrie on £3.5k a week, generally the rest seems relatively accurate and I'm now off to spend my entire budget on getting Ryan Leonard to sign a new contract.

One month into the season, Michael Kightly has 3 MOMs and scored 5 goals.

Then of course, he breaks his leg and decides to retire.

Easy to get Ryan Leonard to re-sign. Dont know why Phil and Ron struggled.

However I have started two games now and been terrible in both. Cant buy a win.

Back