• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Migrant "children" from Calais

Do you think people should be tested to prove their age.?

Do you think its acceptable for an adult to disguise himself (its almost exclusively males) to take the place of a child ?

I think desperate people will do desperate things.

In answer to your first question, I understand there are already tests in place,medical,dental checks etc.

Media reports suggest the Home Office hasn't even checked if these "children" actually have relatives in the UK.

conthepublic.

Gary Lineker's stuck his oar in now, I do wish celebs would stop sounding so patronising. I'm with mrs blue on this, the thought of these "children" (adults) being forced into the education system somehow, fills me with dread. Forget all the **** ups by Social Services over the years, something far worse is being actively encouraged at the moment!

These multi millionaires are sickening!

Every whinging celeb should be forced to home one of the "toddlers" and pay for them for at least 20 years!

Strange how Lilly Allen went to the camp and spoke to an English speaking young migrant(who looked under 18),now that same bloke has made it to the Uk within days of her interview.

smellarat.

From TUIB (Tangles Up In ********) ''With regard to your second point, all this fuss about children from the Calais camp, is clearly nothing but thinly disguised xenophobia, from those who were happy to vote leave on June 23rd'

So your calling me xenophobic are you? I assume so as voted leave. Well, your a left wing **** who preaches from afar as to how this country should conduct itself without a single clue as to what it means to live here and hasn't had for many years.

You know I'm not one, and never have been one, to take an actual dislike to anyone I've never met personally so congratulations to you sir, your the first.

From TUIB (Tangles Up In ********) ''With regard to your second point, all this fuss about children from the Calais camp, is clearly nothing but thinly disguised xenophobia, from those who were happy to vote leave on June 23rd'

So your calling me xenophobic are you? I assume so as voted leave. Well, your a left wing **** who preaches from afar as to how this country should conduct itself without a single clue as to what it means to live here and hasn't had for many years.

You know I'm not one, and never have been one, to take an actual dislike to anyone I've never met personally so congratulations to you sir, your the first.

I'm sure that not all the people who voted leave were xenophobic or racist but I bet that all the xenophobes and racists did.

Why not address the points that Carey Mulligan made,rather than make a personal attack on me?

Last edited:
I'm sure that not all the people who voted leave were Xenophobic or racist but I bet that all the xenophobes and racists did.

Why not address the points that Carey Mulligan made,rather than make a personal attack on me?

'Speaking to tbe Telegraph from New York' Sort of sums it up really. Funny how no other actor/pop star/author etc, from another country comes out as ashamed of their particular country. I wonder why.

'Speaking to tbe Telegraph from New York' Sort of sums it up really. Funny how no other actor/pop star/author etc, from another country comes out as ashamed of their particular country. I wonder why.

Agree with you.

These celebs are all living in some fantasy world,for my money they should be thrown into the jungle and forced to live there for 5 years eating only dung soup and smell sock tea....that will teach them.

I'm sure that not all the people who voted leave were xenophobic or racist but I bet that all the xenophobes and racists did.

Probably because you posted this on SZ and not Carey Mulligan, and you already stated that you agree with her sentiments...

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-37741153

Some good news in this sordid affair.

Sordid? Really...
So, let's consider this; the French allow this so called 'jungle' to be constructed and migrants to live in squalor in Calais, rather than put them up in 3 star hotels or rented houses? And people such as you think the British are to blame for their plight? Jesus!

You clearly share the same warped view of that simpering Mulligan, Lineker, and Allen that it simply boils down to racism and bigotry due to the UK government not openning its borders without question? I don't see Thierry Henry or Gerard Depardieu publicly stating they are shamed to be a French or calling their countrymen rascist...

Just to prove I'm not one of those loveable racist Brits (aren't we all!), I'd say I'd prioritise safe haven to those currently living in Aleppo, they are the ones in the gravest danger, not economic migrants living in other EU locations.

Perhaps someone should ask Mulligan to put a few of the '30+ year old children' up in her £2m Country house, or her multi-million pound West London townhouse?

Stay in Spain won't you :smile:

Adding to Floval's excellent post.

The French authorities have allowed these migrants to terrorise their own people in Calais,they have allowed the migrants to cause chaos and break the law by damaging lorries and assaulting drivers,they allowed them to storm the Calais port causing disruption.

France should be ashamed.

I've seen many minutes of dash cam footage from lorry drivers of varying nationalities having the routes stopped, their cabs damaged, their own personal safety put at risk and their livelihoods put at risk by some of these so called 'flee from persecution' migrants the sympathizing and apologetic likes of TUIB and MK think should have free entry settle here. Where are the French authorities/police? Why isn't the place swarming with patrols and guards? Why aren't they being arrested and prosecuted?

If this was happening on the outskirts of Lyon or or Marseilles for instance and these acts were being carried out by disaffected French citizens or nationalistic Romany gypsies the riot police would be all over it like a tramp on chips. The whole French attitude to this situation stinks.

Back