• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good point, but wonder that the inclusion off Atkinson to do the break up play has helped the back 4 and allowed Wordsworth more freedom

Clarky mentioned this on the radio.

Saying having Will as the hod carrier, means others can do the building and creating.

Excellent game, first time I've seen an MK Dons win in about 5 attempts! Ranger & Cox are great signings, Oxley looked assured and a great performance by Wordsworth. Keep up that form and we'll zoom up the table.

Great result. I'm not sure that Barrett being dropped is responsible for the change in form. For me that's Ranger being in the team, which suits cox down to the ground, and the shape really seems to be helping Wordsworth play the best he has for us by a mile

I don't think we looked threatened at all really. OK Oxley made a decent double save, but you expect that away. MK were too one-footed - Ben Reeves especially. Just force him onto his right and he hasn't a clue.

First away day since that miserable night at Barnet a few years ago. A Cox goal after 82 seconds a 2nd from Wordsworth after 25 mins. Totally bossed the first half apart.from one good double save from Oxley. They were better team 2nd half but we only had to kill the game off which we did. Great free kick from Wordsworth for third and a thoroughly deserved 3 points. Be surprised if Robinson still in a job this time this week

3rd time lucky for me. Froze my nuts off at the hockey stadium and then our 1st visit to stadium mk. Left today with a warm glow!
Great double save by Oxley in 1st half and we were fortunate that Bowditch missed late in 1st half. Unfortunately
Atko missed the chance to put us 3-0 up. Otherwise great away day and rising up the table.

Fantastic support today not sure now many were there we should have scored more but we could also have conceded nowards and upwards

Looks like clean sheet mentality has made a welcome return...

Last 3 games, won 2 drawn 1 and goals for 5, goals against 1. But for Thompson's slip, that would have been 3 clean sheets in a row.

Back from a splendid afternoon of football. Away Day Special..
Arrived in plenty of time so did a bit of retail therapy and exercised the old legs fully to work off the grim McDonalds that hunger forced me into a few miles short of MK.

The Dons started brightly cutting through us in the first 15 seconds but we rallied and found ourselves getting an early corner. Winning headers proved effective as Cox controlled and swivelled to put us ahead after just 81 seconds; and more than paying for my ticket and petrol with the first scorer winnings (despite the announcer worryinglysaying it was McL). BBC confirmed it and off we went again. Good end to end stuff where for once we were showing more end product than an opposition team. Oxley makes a vital double save (the latter better than the former) which meant that when Wordy showed incredible class to score the second we were 2up. Just saw it back on the highlights and looks even better.. absolutely effortless grace and surely the best finisher we have. Beautiful to watch

Half time should have been tougher as the Dons missed a few opportunities. A one-on-one tore us apart and the ball was flicked wide, and Ben Reeves couldn't hit the target twice from the same place Wordy scored the third. I personally thought that MK Don's weren't that bad and but for more clinical finishing the first half should have been about even. They weren't great at the back and we duly punished them. Someone mentioned Ben Reeves was a bit ineffective and would agree. He kept turning back on himself and gave us time to regroup.

The second half was a bit edgy in places but felt we were largely in control. The ball stuck up top which massively helps and then when at the end we got the freekick after some scandalous defending/goalkeeping you always knew it was going straight in. Cue brilliant scenes and a rare calm last few minutes to see out.

Oxley - 8 - Nothing wrong with him today, a double save at crucial stage, commanding on crosses - maybe a slight tendency to spill shots but gathered them up today before any damage
Demetriou - 7 - Better second half than first when he dithered a bit at the back which almost cost us. Good outlet though
Coker - Off colour I thought today and misplaced passes. Got away with a silly freekick in first half which Reeves wasted
Ferdinand - 8 - So underestimated. Strong and calm - what a difference he brings
Thompson - 8 - Looking good alongside Anton and what a difference from previous seasons
Atkinson - 7 - Effervescent and hardworking but should have scored early in 2nd half and lack of pace exposed a couple of times
Leonard - 7 - Quieter game today but still effective in that deeper role
McLaughlin - 7 - Role in the goal and worked hard
Wordsworth - 9 - Absolutely delightful footballer when things are going well and they went well today. That first goal!!
Cox - 8 - Well taken goal, had a hand in the second and starting to show his touch and reading of the game alongside Ranger
Ranger - 8 - The ball sticks, he turns players, works his socks off and brings others in to play. Rarely gets a sniff on goal but he doesn't need to at moment. What a difference he makes..

Subs - didn't impact game - don't need to mention
Ref - 8 - Did well and largely anonymous. Well played sir.

So... 7 points in a week and suddenly with Shrewsbury coming up at home, the whole picture looks a little bit rosier. We can start to look up rather than down. We have played Bolton, Bradford, Sheff United, Scunthorpe, Port Vale and Northampton away so the fixtures should ease up a bit.

I'm pleased Brown has reverted to this formation; as during the early parts of the season where we were lumping long balls to Mooney and Cox I really thought we needed a rethink. I still think we have plenty of improvements to make at the back, and a better enforcer in midfield but the nucleus of the team is there now and we clearly have the talent. Our older, more brittle players need to stay fit and we might find relegation worries a thing of the past.

Fans today were brilliant - a huge swathe of the top tier today. Strange we all had to sit in designated seats so took a while to hook up with fellow fans. Hopefully we can take this much to Millwall in the Cup

Great game, great support, great result!

blues fans in good voice and numbers

half time mascot race won by the Nandos chicken!

11,000 crowd?? Where ??????

Great photos mate.

I'm so grateful that we have a traditional old fashioned football stadium, complete with idiosyncrasies rather than a modern, place like that. Ron, cancel FF, lets stay where we are!!:nope:

Last edited:
Great photos mate.

I'm so grateful that we have a traditional old fashioned football stadium, complete with idiosyncrasies rather than a modern, place like that. Ron, cancel FF, lets stay where we are!!

You can't be serious!! Much rather have a ground like theirs over ours any day. Maybe it's too big for them, but then I don't know what crowds they were getting in the Championship

Top result today, so glad we turned over a fake plastic club that has no right to be in the football league. Hope everyone that went had a great day out and did our proper football club proud. UTB

You can't be serious!! Much rather have a ground like theirs over ours any day. Maybe it's too big for them, but then I don't know what crowds they were getting in the Championship

Are you kidding? I think it looks absolutely fantastic. Roots Hall is falling apart and is fast becoming a embarrassment.

I figured the post wouldn't need the explanatory emoji at the end. I was obviously wrong and I've put one in now.

Back