• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kick off at 3:00 p.m.

Time to welcome back (or not for some) Gary Deegan to Roots Hall.

Shrewsbury are bottom of the league and have just appointed Paul Hurst as their manager - Hurst has achieved promotion with Grimsby and they are currently 8th in Division 4 - so presumably Hurst thinks that he can keep them up otherwise Shrewsbury and Grimbsy might be waving at each other as they cross over divisions ........... that wouldn't be too clever would it?

Shrewsbury have players like Toney, Leitch Smith, Ogogo and Ebanks-Blake - all have produced problems for us in the past.

Hoping for the same team again - there are concerns over Ranger's ankle and these concerns have been with us for a little while now. But I am sure that Nile will be champing at the bit to keep playing.

Hoping for a good crowd and a good atmosphere of course. :smile:

Kick off at 3:00 p.m.

Time to welcome back (or not for some) Gary Deegan to Roots Hall.

Shrewsbury are bottom of the league and have just appointed Paul Hurst as their manager - Hurst has achieved promotion with Grimsby and they are currently 8th in Division 4 - so presumably Hurst thinks that he can keep them up otherwise Shrewsbury and Grimbsy might be waving at each other as they cross over divisions ........... that wouldn't be too clever would it?

Shrewsbury have players like Toney, Leitch Smith, Ogogo and Ebanks-Blake - all have produced problems for us in the past.

Hoping for the same team again - there are concerns over Ranger's ankle and these concerns have been with us for a little while now. But I am sure that Nile will be champing at the bit to keep playing.

Hoping for a good crowd and a good atmosphere of course. :smile:
PB has stated that Rangers injury is just fatigue... I hope so as I think if we get all of the vintage players fit we will be a force.....

This game deserves at least 7,000 fans, let's hope we get it, I'll be at the game:thumbsup:

Grimsby fans seems to be fairly happy to be rid of Hurst going by some comments I've read on various forums.

Grimsby fans seems to be fairly happy to be rid of Hurst going by some comments I've read on various forums.
i wonder if Grimsby might try and snatch Lincoln manager Danny cowley, and would he swap Lincoln for Grimsby ?

If Cox and Ranger are good to go then it's probably a no brainer for Phil and it will be the same again.

Against Chesterfield, Bradford and then MK Dons it was re-assuring that Fortune and Mooney were available on the bench to rest our new main front men and then used at the right times. It's amazing how we have gone from griping about our attacking options to looking on smugly (most of us) at what we now have available.

I don't expect an easy game as Shrewsbury players will be out to impress their new boss, and we may also have to contend with Mr Deegan giving it large. hopefully he can increase his red card tally if he plays.

1 or 2 -0 victory I think.

Tough game. Shrews will be well up for it with the new manager to impress.
If the lads can get three points to continue our flourish....happy days indeed.

Could be a tough call, but I'd be tempted to start with him and try to put the game to bed in the first half.

After Saturday, we haven't got another league game until 12th November, which gives us two cup games to give a run out to Fortune and rest him then.

Could be a tough call, but I'd be tempted to start with him and try to put the game to bed in the first half.

After Saturday, we haven't got another league game until 12th November, which gives us two cup games to give a run out to Fortune and rest him then.

Absolutely - one way to "rest" Ranger is to have a cracking 1st half and then replace him after 50 to 60 minutes. :thumbsup:

Absolutely. Our best results have been when we have gone at the oppo early and put them on the back foot.

Agree with this. Play Ranger on Saturday then rest him for the FA Cup game. Fortune is no mug and should do well if played against Millwall.

Back