• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Has he done so recently? I don't think he's come out and said anything recently other than the article asking for support for the #ourtimeisnow campaign. It's us on here that keep it on the front burner.

Did he not come out and say it would presented to the council soon? Not to mention the number of times he has said it will start eoon and we'll be moving in by XX

You must be a very young Old Blue Lady.
I saw my first Jimbo film at the Odeon and some place it was then.Wall to wall carpets etc.
when at the time the local flea pit was the "NEW VIC".
Have been away a few years that would take some calculating on the abacus so reckon best to tear it down.:winking::winking:

You must be a very young Old Blue Lady.
I saw my first Jimbo film at the Odeon and some place it was then.Wall to wall carpets etc.
when at the time the local flea pit was the "NEW VIC".
Have been away a few years that would take some calculating on the abacus so reckon best to tear it down.:winking::winking:

It's not a patch on the old Odeon!

When will be able to find out, if the FF plans are going to be heard by the council this month?

When will be able to find out, if the FF plans are going to be heard by the council this month?

We already know. The agenda has been published and FF is not on it.

Fwiw I understand the delay is the time it is taking the council to go through all the documents, it is a huge development.

Saw Ronald and two suited gentlemen walking along the road where the new training ground is going to be situated this morning. He seemed to be pointing at that area. All three looked cold and miserable and Rons hair looked schocking.

FFS looks a far more reasonable plan than Brentford's new stadium when you compare where that's being crammed-in
and the tower blocks that will eventually surround. So saying, their council has approved the application and a CPO already been enforced....

http://www.brentfordcommunitystadium.com/

I don't think our council are very supportive ( I say our council but I don't and never have lived in Southend). When you look at two geographically lose clubs getting "community stadiums" in West Ham and Colchester we really aren't asking much and we are giving the community a very good facility that will benefit youngsters in the area. If I had a vote in Southend I would certainly consider who I vote for dependant on this decision

I don't think our council are very supportive ( I say our council but I don't and never have lived in Southend). When you look at two geographically lose clubs getting "community stadiums" in West Ham and Colchester we really aren't asking much and we are giving the community a very good facility that will benefit youngsters in the area. If I had a vote in Southend I would certainly consider who I vote for dependant on this decision

Don't forget this project involves Rochford council as well, some of whom don't like Ron.

If the two councils weren't so concerned in petty point scoring there would all ready be a relief road from FF past the airport and coming out at Tescos. That was first on the table 20 years ago and would benefit both towns and not just SUFC or the airport.

This really ****es me off.

I know it's a big development, but let's get real. The borough needs the houses and the shot in the arm that the employment and infrastructurewould bring.

The football side of things is merely a side note.

It might not prove popular with those living nearby but it sure as hell will be financially beneficial to SBC.

Taken from the Trusts latest liaison meeting -

‘GK advised that the stadium plans will not now be heard by SBC before the meeting scheduled for June. This is due to the fact that the Council does not sit in the two months preceding an election, with one scheduled for May. Requests for updated ecology and highways reports have been requested by the Council, and are in the course of preparation, as is an updated report requested by Historic England concerning the Ancient Site. A review to predict that the impact of the stadium and retail park will not have a detrimental effect on the High Street generally has already been submitted. PF asked if there is any benefit to the Trust lobbying the Council, if the Chairman thinks this would be helpful. GK agreed to speak to the Chairman to seek his opinion on this.‘

Back