Likes Likes:  166
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: British Land - New Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Otto View Post
    I don't think our council are very supportive ( I say our council but I don't and never have lived in Southend). When you look at two geographically lose clubs getting "community stadiums" in West Ham and Colchester we really aren't asking much and we are giving the community a very good facility that will benefit youngsters in the area. If I had a vote in Southend I would certainly consider who I vote for dependant on this decision
    Don't forget this project involves Rochford council as well, some of whom don't like Ron.

If the two councils weren't so concerned in petty point scoring there would all ready be a relief road from FF past the airport and coming out at Tescos. That was first on the table 20 years ago and would benefit both towns and not just SUFC or the airport.

This really ****es me off.

I know it's a big development, but let's get real. The borough needs the houses and the shot in the arm that the employment and infrastructurewould bring.

The football side of things is merely a side note.

It might not prove popular with those living nearby but it sure as hell will be financially beneficial to SBC.

Taken from the Trusts latest liaison meeting -

‘GK advised that the stadium plans will not now be heard by SBC before the meeting scheduled for June. This is due to the fact that the Council does not sit in the two months preceding an election, with one scheduled for May. Requests for updated ecology and highways reports have been requested by the Council, and are in the course of preparation, as is an updated report requested by Historic England concerning the Ancient Site. A review to predict that the impact of the stadium and retail park will not have a detrimental effect on the High Street generally has already been submitted. PF asked if there is any benefit to the Trust lobbying the Council, if the Chairman thinks this would be helpful. GK agreed to speak to the Chairman to seek his opinion on this.‘

Blimey GK is still alive and kicking..
    MAKE A DONATION TOWARDS THE RUNNING COSTS OF SHRIMPERZONE:

www.shrimperzone.com

Junior Blues Co-ordinator OldBlueLady's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cricko View Post
    Blimey GK is still alive and kicking..

Oh yes.....

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmut2000 View Post

‘GK advised that the stadium plans will not now be heard by SBC before the meeting scheduled for June. This is due to the fact that the Council does not sit in the two months preceding an election, with one scheduled for May. Requests for updated ecology and highways reports have been requested by the Council, and are in the course of preparation, as is an updated report requested by Historic England concerning the Ancient Site. A review to predict that the impact of the stadium and retail park will not have a detrimental effect on the High Street generally has already been submitted. PF asked if there is any benefit to the Trust lobbying the Council, if the Chairman thinks this would be helpful. GK agreed to speak to the Chairman to seek his opinion on this.‘
    At least we will get the planning just after we achieve promotion to the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmut2000 View Post

So that's June at the earliest but no guarantee it will be then either. So a planning application submitted at the end of last year is going to take 6+ months for a decision.
    Still the time this has all taken will mean that Ron has found the funding for the main stand and all four stands can be built at the same time.......... surely

As mentioned elsewhere is the council stalling the application made in April 2017 in an effect to push their Seaway plans with cinema through.Just wait for the councils good news on Seaway just before our scheme is heard.Almost 10 years since the original plans and suddenly an Ecology report is needed... why now ?

I've just heard that the council development control committee said that they're still waiting for some key documents from SUFC. Only then can they set a committee date. It does seem strange that Ron Martin puts up fences in Sutton Road, and paints buildings in Victoria Avenue to promote the application for Fossetts, and asks us to give our views to the council, but then doesn't submit key documents.

Quote Originally Posted by THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK View Post
    I've just heard that the council development control committee said that they're still waiting for some key documents from SUFC. Only then can they set a committee date. It does seem strange that Ron Martin puts up fences in Sutton Road, and paints buildings in Victoria Avenue to promote the application for Fossetts, and asks us to give our views to the council, but then doesn't submit key documents.
    Depends when those documents became necessary. It might be that SUFC (and BL) had given everything they believed the council needed, but the council, during their review of the documentation, have decided more information is needed in some areas.

Yes, this is frustrating, but I suspect it's really just par for the course...

I wouldn’t be surprised if the club are quite happy for this to wait a few more months to allow the PB situation to play out. Don’t forget there is an issue of his contract structure, with shares, to resolve. Personally I’m hoping he takes another job pronto as this would necessitate him reaching a settlement agreement with us first.
    Kennington Shrimpers

Director

Think you people living in those boroughs need to take a good hard long look at who you vote for and whether they believe the FF stadium is a good thing , my personal bellief is that it can only help Southend as a whole and the councils.But im not allowed to vote , im sure if you a supporter of the club you will take all this into consideration anyway .

The whole stadium thing reminds me of one of those dreams where all you're trying to do is get somewhere, or do something, and you never quite manage it. Then you wake up. Ron must be wondering if this is one of those dreams.

Unless its only me who has them..

I have an idea that the stadium project is unlikely to commence until some of the other big local builds scale down. The trades and skills required are in finite supply, the local accommodation for extra workmen/construction persons is also limited.
    When Hall Road, Echo Park and Vic Ave come to a close then I can foresee the FF starting.