• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well perhaps lie was a bit strong but given all the false dawns over the years, I reserve the right to be extremely skeptical.

The article is three hours old (outdated?) and is from the Echo (the Halstead Gazette has simply syndicated the content as all Newsquest Essex websites inexplicably do from time to time - it's just the link I got from a Google Alert). And you're right, it could be a council issue rather than a Ron issue but again given the history, well, you know the rest.

But of course I hope you're right. The proof in the pudding will be when the application will actually be validated (until which point of course there is no application number and therefore will not be a hearing). I continue to wait, 18 days and counting.

I can understand people being sceptical but from what I've been told the cinema issue was all ready resolved.

However lets not forget with an out of town development with High street traders, High street landlords, Seafront mafia, Seaway carpark owners with comical land value boosting hasty application, not one but two incompetent councils who cant even agree on a relief road that would end misery for both towns and a man called Ron who is disliked by some councillors......You may well be counting a lot longer than the current 18 days...:thumbsup:

Have noticed today and yesterday some hoarding/fencing people in two small lorries with wood on the back on the proposed training ground site (near to the current hoardings). The club are still waiting for planning permission to be granted by Rochford District Council.

Have noticed today and yesterday some hoarding/fencing people in two small lorries with wood on the back on the proposed training ground site (near to the current hoardings). The club are still waiting for planning permission to be granted by Rochford District Council.

Until they break ground I wouldn't get too excited.

Are we are the council's to be discussed list yet?

The next Development Control Committee meetings where the plans could possibly be discussed are scheduled for 10th Jan or 7th Feb 2018. We will not know the agendas for those meetings until they are put online by the council 7 days prior. As to how close we are to the plans actually being discussed at either of those meetings is unknown.

RM did say in a recent email shot to supporters asking for fans to show their support for the plans with the council, that he would keep the fans informed. I believe that an overview of how it is progressing from Ron would be welcomed but I doubt that will happen anytime soon. Due to the size of the project, I am not sure if and when the application is passed by the DCC whether it will then go to the full council for their consideration.

isn't there a Development Control Committee meeting tomorrow?
I'm assuming we're not on the agenda :sad:

isn't there a Development Control Committee meeting tomorrow?
I'm assuming we're not on the agenda :sad:

Yes, there is a meeting tomorrow but it is not listed on the agenda. The next meeting is on 10 January, hopefully it will be discussed then.

Yes, there is a meeting tomorrow but it is not listed on the agenda. The next meeting is on 10 January, hopefully it will be discussed then.

So agenda for this should be out tomorrow yeah?
I see the latest bit in the Echo stated the plans will be reviewed by the council in the coming month's
http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/15801194.Club_urges_fans_to_pledge_plan_support/
Hopefully it will be reviewed this month but will not be surprised if it isn't for a few months yet

I've got outstanding correspondance i'm waiting to receive that will hopefully clarify timescales.

Will happily share once (if) i get a reply :happy:

We should find out tomorrow if it will be discussed at council on January 10.

As I said last month, Ron's not going to submit it to council planning until he feels there is nothing that it can be knocked back on - if it's not on there tomorrow then there's still something that he's not quite happy with.

As I said last month, Ron's not going to submit it to council planning until he feels there is nothing that it can be knocked back on - if it's not on there tomorrow then there's still something that he's not quite happy with.

Exactly this. Having looked at the transport and infrastructure document posted online recently by the council, many of the points raised by the council have been addressed by the developers. However, there are still many that haven’t. Using this particular document as an example, it just shows the complexity of the negotiations, and any changes to transport infrastructure around the ground would need to fit in with the councils overall transport policy for the whole area, whatever that is.

The positive is, we are where we are with these plans and things still appear to be progressing albeit at a snails pace. Call me an old fool but I still have a hope that one day we will say goodbye to the Old Blue Lady that is Roots Hall, with its many wonderful memories, and welcome a new bright future at Fossetts beating Championship sides and competing in the 3rd and 4th rounds of the FA Cup once again.

He should stop coming out with bollocks about it being close then if he knows it isn't going through or being proposed. He should be dealing in more absolute natures.

He should stop coming out with bollocks about it being close then if he knows it isn't going through or being proposed. He should be dealing in more absolute natures.

Has he done so recently? I don't think he's come out and said anything recently other than the article asking for support for the #ourtimeisnow campaign. It's us on here that keep it on the front burner.

Back