• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Taken from the Trusts latest liaison meeting -

‘GK advised that the stadium plans will not now be heard by SBC before the meeting scheduled for June. This is due to the fact that the Council does not sit in the two months preceding an election, with one scheduled for May. Requests for updated ecology and highways reports have been requested by the Council, and are in the course of preparation, as is an updated report requested by Historic England concerning the Ancient Site. A review to predict that the impact of the stadium and retail park will not have a detrimental effect on the High Street generally has already been submitted. PF asked if there is any benefit to the Trust lobbying the Council, if the Chairman thinks this would be helpful. GK agreed to speak to the Chairman to seek his opinion on this.‘

At least we will get the planning just after we achieve promotion to the championship.

Taken from the Trusts latest liaison meeting -

‘GK advised that the stadium plans will not now be heard by SBC before the meeting scheduled for June. This is due to the fact that the Council does not sit in the two months preceding an election, with one scheduled for May. Requests for updated ecology and highways reports have been requested by the Council, and are in the course of preparation, as is an updated report requested by Historic England concerning the Ancient Site. A review to predict that the impact of the stadium and retail park will not have a detrimental effect on the High Street generally has already been submitted. PF asked if there is any benefit to the Trust lobbying the Council, if the Chairman thinks this would be helpful. GK agreed to speak to the Chairman to seek his opinion on this.‘

So that's June at the earliest but no guarantee it will be then either. So a planning application submitted at the end of last year is going to take 6+ months for a decision.
Still the time this has all taken will mean that Ron has found the funding for the main stand and all four stands can be built at the same time.......... surely:smile:

As mentioned elsewhere is the council stalling the application made in April 2017 in an effect to push their Seaway plans with cinema through.Just wait for the councils good news on Seaway just before our scheme is heard.Almost 10 years since the original plans and suddenly an Ecology report is needed... why now ?

I've just heard that the council development control committee said that they're still waiting for some key documents from SUFC. Only then can they set a committee date. It does seem strange that Ron Martin puts up fences in Sutton Road, and paints buildings in Victoria Avenue to promote the application for Fossetts, and asks us to give our views to the council, but then doesn't submit key documents.

I've just heard that the council development control committee said that they're still waiting for some key documents from SUFC. Only then can they set a committee date. It does seem strange that Ron Martin puts up fences in Sutton Road, and paints buildings in Victoria Avenue to promote the application for Fossetts, and asks us to give our views to the council, but then doesn't submit key documents.

Depends when those documents became necessary. It might be that SUFC (and BL) had given everything they believed the council needed, but the council, during their review of the documentation, have decided more information is needed in some areas.

Yes, this is frustrating, but I suspect it's really just par for the course...

I wouldn’t be surprised if the club are quite happy for this to wait a few more months to allow the PB situation to play out. Don’t forget there is an issue of his contract structure, with shares, to resolve. Personally I’m hoping he takes another job pronto as this would necessitate him reaching a settlement agreement with us first.

Think you people living in those boroughs need to take a good hard long look at who you vote for and whether they believe the FF stadium is a good thing , my personal bellief is that it can only help Southend as a whole and the councils.But im not allowed to vote , im sure if you a supporter of the club you will take all this into consideration anyway .:thumbsup::loyalsupporter:

The whole stadium thing reminds me of one of those dreams where all you're trying to do is get somewhere, or do something, and you never quite manage it. Then you wake up. Ron must be wondering if this is one of those dreams.

Unless its only me who has them..:unsure:

I have an idea that the stadium project is unlikely to commence until some of the other big local builds scale down. The trades and skills required are in finite supply, the local accommodation for extra workmen/construction persons is also limited.
When Hall Road, Echo Park and Vic Ave come to a close then I can foresee the FF starting.

Now! I don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up here but, apparently a digger was on the potentional site today.
They have taken some of the wooden fencing down to get the digger on and then replaced the fencing by the crematorium.

Now! I don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up here but, apparently a digger was on the potentional site today.
They have taken some of the wooden fencing down to get the digger on and then replaced the fencing by the crematorium.

Was there any caravans about? It's a old trick.

Yes there was a large digger, a portakabin and several workmen on the land south of Fossetts Way.

Back