• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sorry Tangled just like Callan has pointed out, us 18million voted out because of all of the above and more. But not WW2.

In fact most people who voted out would be happy with a smaller trade orientated version of the EU which would always include Germany. We could give it a new name like......The Common Market.....Now there's an idea.

You (and they), will I think, live long enough to regret your decision.

The EU steps in a puts a block on the Tory's extreme and excessive snooping bill. And we won't have this protection soon, we'll be left in the hands of a Government who obviously thinks Orwell had the right idea in 1984.

The EU steps in a puts a block on the Tory's extreme and excessive snooping bill. And we won't have this protection soon, we'll be left in the hands of a Government who obviously thinks Orwell had the right idea in 1984.

Think you might find this ruling was in response to a challenge made by Tory back benchers alongside Tom watson from Labour.

I assume post brexit our own courts will rule.

Because I'm an armchair supporter :winking: I've not had a season ticket for a few years now. Up until a 4 months ago my Saturday afternoons were taken up with my radio show before it moved times.

Oh and I beg to differ. The original proposal that was put to the British public back in 1975 was sold as a European trading bloc and nothing more. And that is nothing like what it has become now or endeavors to be in the future. Whilst the trade links first envisaged are still there, and it's great that they are, there is also a political, financial and judicial link as well. That's not what was voted for originally by the British public. And that's not to mention the steady erosion of national sovereignty that's crept it's way into the deal as well.

Some prof predicted Brexit and Trump winning.......the prof thinks the Euro will be finished this year !

The Eurozone IMO has been a complete disaster with countries becoming bankrupt whilst the open border policy is all but dead.

Just a few idiots thought up this madness now being suffered by 500,000,000...crazy.

Some prof predicted Brexit and Trump winning.......the prof thinks the Euro will be finished this year !

The Eurozone IMO has been a complete disaster with countries becoming bankrupt whilst the open border policy is all but dead.

Just a few idiots thought up this madness now being suffered by 500,000,000...crazy.
1) The Eurozone has a population of 340 million, the EU population is about 740 million, who knows where you've got 500 million from.
2) "Just a few idiots" - given that the idea of the Euro first came about in 1969 and wasn't launched until 2002 would suggest that quite a few people worked on it, even if you only consider the many different economists and world leaders over that period and not the civil servants, etc. Many of these "idiots" were elected by their population, it's how democracy works.
3) Who is this nameless "prof"? He had a 50/50 shot on two predictions, so someone plucked at random had a 1 in 4 chance of predicting those two, it doesn't mean every prediction he makes will be right.
4) It's highly unlikely that the Euro will be finished in 2017. German elections aren't until the latter end of the year and until then Merkel will be doing all she can to keep it alive, I can't see it coming to an end any time particularly soon but changes in France and Germany with their elections could see some big changes.
5) Greece are the only country to have to become bankrupt, Ireland, Portugal, Spain have struggled with debt but not due to the Euro and haven't become bankrupt.
6) The open border policy has not a lot to do with the success of the Eurozone, it's about free trade and free movement rather than currencies. It's a factor, but the success or failure of Schengen will not necessarily mean the success or failure of the Euro.

1) The Eurozone has a population of 340 million, the EU population is about 740 million, who knows where you've got 500 million from.
2) "Just a few idiots" - given that the idea of the Euro first came about in 1969 and wasn't launched until 2002 would suggest that quite a few people worked on it, even if you only consider the many different economists and world leaders over that period and not the civil servants, etc. Many of these "idiots" were elected by their population, it's how democracy works.
3) Who is this nameless "prof"? He had a 50/50 shot on two predictions, so someone plucked at random had a 1 in 4 chance of predicting those two, it doesn't mean every prediction he makes will be right.
4) It's highly unlikely that the Euro will be finished in 2017. German elections aren't until the latter end of the year and until then Merkel will be doing all she can to keep it alive, I can't see it coming to an end any time particularly soon but changes in France and Germany with their elections could see some big changes.
5) Greece are the only country to have to become bankrupt, Ireland, Portugal, Spain have struggled with debt but not due to the Euro and haven't become bankrupt.
6) The open border policy has not a lot to do with the success of the Eurozone, it's about free trade and free movement rather than currencies. It's a factor, but the success or failure of Schengen will not necessarily mean the success or failure of the Euro.[/QUOTE)

1/The 500 million figure was the one I saw couple of weeks ago.
2/How many idiots was there then ?
3/The nameless prof was on a news channel the other day,only caught the gist of the story but not his name .
4/Regarding the Euro finishing this year,I have no idea.
5/Those countries are all in meltdown with the exception of Ireland
6/The open door policy has shown that terrorists can waltz from country to country without detection.

Because I'm an armchair supporter :winking: I've not had a season ticket for a few years now. Up until a 4 months ago my Saturday afternoons were taken up with my radio show before it moved times.

Oh and I beg to differ. The original proposal that was put to the British public back in 1975 was sold as a European trading bloc and nothing more. And that is nothing like what it has become now or endeavors to be in the future. Whilst the trade links first envisaged are still there, and it's great that they are, there is also a political, financial and judicial link as well. That's not what was voted for originally by the British public. And that's not to mention the steady erosion of national sovereignty that's crept it's way into the deal as well.

This is a lie that Ken Clark (and others have) nailed.

Sovereignty was also very much an issue back in 1975 as I remember well,which is precisely why people like Tony Benn,Michael Foot and Enoch Powell campaigned against UK membership.

Interestingly,(and perhaps ironically),Thatcher "was the leading advocate of the creation of a proper single market to replace the old ineffective tariff union known as the Common Market"

Ken Clark.Kind of Blue.

(Btw,I'm not an armchair supporter.I have an Espanyol season ticket).

Back